If you want to explore the immense career prospects in the field of Management, Integrated MBA is one of the best degree choices on offer. It combines a Bachelor’s with a Master’s degree program in Management and grooms an individual with the right skill set required for pursuing a career in Management. While the traditional route of completing a Bachelor’s degree course and then enrolling for post-graduation is preferred by many, the Integrated MBA program is geared towards a handful of those who are already inclined towards the world of Business and Management and want to go deeper into the field with an integrated degree course.
This Blog Includes:
- BBA- MBA Integrated Course
- BBA VS Integrated MBA
- Structure of an Integrated MBA
- Things to Keep in Mind Before Applying
- Why Should You Choose Integrated MBA Over Normal MBA?
- How to Apply for an Integrated MBA?
- Specialization & Electives Offered in Integrated MBA
- Top Universities for Integrated Courses in the World
- Top Integrated MBA Colleges in India
- Career Options After Integrated MBA
BBA- MBA Integrated Course
A BBA-MBA course is for all students who want to study integrated courses in management. Anyone who has passed class 12th with a good result is eligible for this course. By doing this course, you receive two degrees, one of BBA and another an MBA. The first three years of this 5-year course are called under-graduation years. The fourth and fifth years are usually based on MBA education.
The 5-year Integrated MBA course equips individuals with the essential knowledge of the expansive stream of Management as well as offers them the choice of choosing a specialization in which they want to build a career. A Business school essentially provides students with quintessential management tools and techniques. The program also gives the faculty and school more time to groom an individual along with giving students the space to develop their own interests and skills. As the course has recently gained attention, it is slightly less competitive than the traditional MBA programs.
BBA VS Integrated MBA
Here are some of the major differences between a normal BBA and an Integrated MBA.
|Duration||3 Years||5 Years|
|Eligibility Criteria||Class 12th with any stream||Class 12th with any stream|
|Degree Obtained||Bachelors||Bachelors + Masters|
|Course Details||This course gives basic management information to students. It prepares students for their first step towards becoming a manager.||This course gives basic and advanced management information to students. It prepares students to become a manager.|
|Course Fees||INR 1-2 Lakhs||INR 4- 10 Lakhs|
|Job Opportunities||Students get entry-level/associate-level jobs with BBA. They can hustle through their ranks to get a better position.||Students get Manager level jobs with BBA+ MBA. Students can get the position of assistant manager or manager.|
Structure of an Integrated MBA
The course structure varies according to the university and the department offering the course. For instance, if it is a collaboration between two departments like Engineering and Management or Accounting and Management, the course structure will accordingly differ. Also, as a general rule, students in their final or penultimate year are asked to choose their specializations. Many schools also require students to complete an industry internship or give them a year to gain professional experience. The structure is specially designed to help students excel in their respective fields upon graduation.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Applying
- An Integrated MBA is highly customizable. Contrary to the popular belief, that it may restrict a student’s cross-disciplinary development, it provides all the options to its students that a regular undergraduate program has and blends it with a post-graduate curriculum as well.
- However, students need to be very clear about their objectives. If you are not sure about pursuing an MBA, go for a regular undergrad program and then decide if you are interested in exploring the field further through an MBA.
- If you opt for a four-year bachelor’s degree abroad and then a two-year master’s, you will be completing both these courses in six years. However, a 5-year Integrated MBA program can save you a whole year.
- Only a few universities until now have had an integrated course in their catalogues, let alone an integrated MBA option. Weigh your options, evaluate your future goals and then go for the application.
- The university curriculum during the course is vast and all-enveloping but it must match your inclinations and interests.
- The entry requirements may differ for a traditional MBA and the Integrated MBA. Go through the admission criteria and tailor your application accordingly.
Why Should You Choose Integrated MBA Over Normal MBA?
Now you may be wondering, if an integrated MBA also provides you with the same degrees as with a normal MBA, why should you choose an integrated MBA over a normal MBA? Here are some of the strong reasons why you should choose it:
- If you are 100% certain you want to pursue MBA and go into the management field, this course is all you need.
- When choosing a normal Bachelor’s and MBA, there will be several courses that may get repeated but an integrated MBA teaches you everything that is unique and teaches them once. So now you have time to learn more advanced lessons in MBA.
- If you plan on doing an MBA after your bachelor’s, you might need a year to prepare for exams like CAT, XAT, CMAT, etc. In this case, you either have to sacrifice your classes in the last year of your college or take a drop year. Having an integrated MBA will not waste any time of yours.
- Even after preparing for these tests, there is no confirmation that you will get into your desired school. But an integrated MBA is a confirmation that once you finish college, you will have a degree in MBA.
- In a normal MBA, you only get one year to prepare for placements, but in an integrated MBA, you have 3-4 years to prepare for that.
How to Apply for an Integrated MBA?
Many universities have special entry requirements for their Integrated MBA programs. Often, these programs are offered to students from the already existing undergraduate batches of the university. This implies that only those pursuing their graduation from the respective university can be admitted into the course. So, in order to get admitted into the Integrated MBA course, you need to apply to the relevant undergraduate program and in your first/junior year, you can apply to the Management school directly for the program.
Specialization & Electives Offered in Integrated MBA
Here are some specialisations and electives offered that students can choose from:
- Quantitative Methods
- Management Fundamentals
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Information Technology
- Financial Economics
- Corporate Law
- Statistical Methods
Top Universities for Integrated Courses in the World
1. Five Years Bachelors/MBA, SC Johnson College of Business, Cornell University
One of the best Integrated MBA programs on offer is the 5-year Bachelor’s+MBA program at SC Johnson College of Business, Cornell University. It is open to all undergraduate students who have already gained admission at Cornell University. To get admitted, students need to apply in the fall of their junior year. The program admits only a selected few on the basis of above-par grades, achievements, leadership abilities and a host of other factors.
2. Skoll BASc/MBA, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
This program blends Engineering with Management. It is a collaboration between the Faculty of Applied Science and the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto. The eligibility for this program is restricted to outstanding students who are interested in following up their undergraduate studies in Engineering with a Management degree. A year of professional experience and a Management internship is also included in the program.
3. BBA in Accounting/ MBA Five Year Program, Adelphi University
Those interested in the accounting aspects of the business field can consider the five-year program offered by Adelphi University. This program constitutes imparting knowledge of accounting principles and techniques. On successful completion of the course, it provides students with an MBA degree in Accounting.
4. BA/MBA Program, Willamette University
This program is the result of the association between the College of Liberal Arts and the Atkinson Graduate School of Management at Willamette University. It is open to all students currently pursuing a BA degree from the College of Liberal Arts at Willamette University and wanting to study for an MBA after completing their graduation.
5. Krannert Undergraduate/ MBA Combined Degree Program, Krannert School of Management, Purdue University
An exemplary option, the BS/MBA degree program offered at Purdue University lets students complete their undergraduate studies in three years and MBA studies in two years. It provides a wide range of specializations such as Management Consulting, Supply Chain Management, etc.
6. Joint BS/MBA Program, University of Buffalo
The Joint Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and MBA provides students with a unique blend of Engineering with Management. There are a variety of Engineering disciplines like Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, etc as well as MBA specializations such as Analytics, Finance, Marketing Management, etc on offer that make this program unique.
Top Integrated MBA Colleges in India
Here are some of the top integrated MBA colleges in India and their details:
|College/ University||Course||Fees (first year)||Eligibility||Exit Option after 3 Years|
|IIM Indore Integrated MBA||Five-Year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM)||INR 4,00,000||1. Class 12th Marks
2. Entrance Exam
3. Written Ability Test
4. Personal Interview
|IIM Rohtak Integrated MBA||Five-Year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM)||INR 4,51,000||1. 60% in Class 12th
2. 60% in Class 10th
3. IPM Aptitude Test
4. Online Personal Interview
|NMIMS Integrated MBA||Integrated MBA (E & FBM)||INR 3,11,500||1. Class 12th with more than 60% marks
2. Personal Interview
|SRM University MBA Course||MBA 5-Year Integrated Course||INR 1,00,00||Minimum 50% in Class 12th||Yes|
|Nirma University||BBA-MBA (5-Year Course)||INR. 2,17,300||1. Minimum 60% in Class 12th
2. IPMAT Aptitude Test
3. Personal Interview
Career Options After Integrated MBA
There are several career options that you can go for after an Integrated MBA.
- Operations Manager
- Event Manager
- Management Consultant
- Logistics Analysts
- Human Resource Manager
- Sales Manager
- Digital Marketer
- Retail Manager
- General Manager
- Business Head
- Operations Management
- Human Resources
- International Management
- Technology Management
- Healthcare Management
- Tourism and Travel Management
- Hotel Management
- Media Management
- Aviation Management
- Retail Management
Better chances are available to integrated MBA graduates than to BBA graduates. A person will typically only be able to find entry-level employment after finishing a three-year BBA. An aspirant, however, has better career opportunities after completing an integrated MBA because specialists are known to study integrated courses.
Sales Manager – INR 6 LPA
Digital Marketer – INR 3.5 LPA
Business Head – INR 2.9 LPA
Management Consultant – INR 6.5 LPA
Yes, there are IIMs that provide integrated five-year MBA programs. For a few years now, IIM Indore and IIM Rohtak have been offering undergraduate students a five-year combined MBA program.
If you have an inherent passion for the field of Business and Management coupled with problem-solving skills and a pragmatic perspective, the Integrated MBA program is specially crafted for you. Leverage Edu mentors can guide in selecting the right Integrated MBA course as well as applying at an ideal university to kick-start your dream career in Management.