A Master in Business Administration or an MBA degree is more than a mainstream postgraduate degree. It is meticulously designed and crafted to equip students with skills essential to successfully start, sustain and ensure the growth of an organization. Amongst the sought-after study destinations in Europe, Poland is home to many globally recognized business schools and universities offering quality management courses at affordable costs. This blog brings you all the key details about pursuing MBA in Poland.
|IELTS or TOEFL||Required|
|Average Course Fees||INR 4-10 Lakhs per year|
|Course Type||Regular Full-Time MBA and Executive MBA|
|Medium of Education||English and/or Polish Language|
|Eligibility Criteria||A graduate from any discipline|
This Blog Includes:
- Top Universities for MBA in Poland
- Why Pursue an MBA in Poland?
- Types of MBA in Poland
- Popular MBA Courses to Pursue in Poland
- Eligibility Criteria for MBA in Poland
- Documents Required
- MBA in Poland: Admission Process
- MBA in Poland Course Duration
- MBA in Poland: Fee Structure
- MBA in Poland Admission Intakes
- 1-Year MBA in Poland
- Top Executive MBA in Poland
- MBA in Poland without IELTS
- Part-time MBA in Poland
- MBA in Poland Visa Requirement
- Working with a Student Visa in Poland
- Cost of Living in Poland
- Career Opportunity and Salary after MBA in Poland
- Is Pursuing an MBA in Poland a Good Option?
- MBA in International Management (Regular), ESCP Europe Business School
- Postgraduate Program in International Business (Executive), University of Gdansk
- Global MBA, Faculty of Management, University of Warsaw
- MBA Courses at Cracow School of Business, Cracow University of Economics
Top Universities for MBA in Poland
There are a plethora of business schools and universities in Poland which offer a vast range of MBA courses. Here is a complete list of top universities for Regular and Executive MBA in Poland:
|Universities offering MBA in Poland||QS World University Rankings 2022||Popular MBA courses|
|Warsaw University of Technology Business School, Warsaw||501-510||MBA Finance & Technology, MBA Digital Transformation, MBA Kaizen Industry 4.0, etc.|
|ESCP Europe Business School, Warsaw||–||MBA in International Management|
|Faculty of Management, University of Warsaw, Warsaw||308||Executive MBA|
|Poznan University of Economics, Poznan||–||Poznan-Atlanta MBA, Executive MBA|
|Warsaw School of Economics, Warsaw||–||Canadian Executive MBA Program|
|Kozminski University, Warsaw||–||MBA in International Management, MBA in International Management in English, Executive MBA Minsk, Executive MBA in English etc.|
|Cracow University of Economics, Cracow||–||International MBA, MBA CSB + Master|
|University of Wroclaw, Wrocław||801-1000||International MBA|
|National-Louis University, Nowy Sącz||–||MBA|
|SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Warsaw||–||MBA in Innovation and Data Analysis|
|Polish Academy of Sciences – Institute of Economics, Warsaw||–||MBA, Executive MBA|
|The Gdansk University of Technology, Gdańsk||801-1000||EMBA|
|Lublin Business School, Lublin||–||MBA|
|Poznan School of Banking, Pozan||MBA Project Management, Executive MBA, Part-time MBA|
|Polish Open University, Warsaw||–||MBA|
|Institute for Business Development, Serock||–||MBA, EMBA, Part-time MBA|
Must Read: Universities in Poland and their Education
Why Pursue an MBA in Poland?
- MBA in Poland, also known as Polish MBA programs, offer high-quality facilities and standards, as does the entire Polish education system.
- Polish professionals, many of whom are graduates of Polish MBA programmes, have found success in their professions all over the world. They are regarded as highly trained, successful, and promising individuals who are well-liked in the business world.
- Furthermore, MBA in Poland is less expensive than those in most other European countries.
- Poland is steadily becoming a preferred choice among international students planning to study for an MBA abroad.
- Besides the majestic architecture, Poland offers students a diverse set of advantages. The capital city of Warsaw is being dubbed as a regional financial centre in the coming years.
- The student population is also mushrooming as many universities are now witnessing a rise in international enrollments, including Indian students.
- On top of that, the culturally rich environment of the country affords students from all backgrounds and disciplines a perfect setting to thrive in their chosen field.
- Moreover, when it comes to the admission process, the universities in Poland have simplified eligibility requirements for MBA and do not require GMAT/GRE scores but work experience is generally preferred and compulsory for admission into certain business schools.
Types of MBA in Poland
There are two categories of MBA programs offered at the top universities in Poland. A regular MBA program is a full-time course where classes convene every weekday. It is taken up normally by students looking to build on their earlier degrees. On the other hand, an Executive MBA program is a specialized program geared towards professionals who wish to advance their knowledge while working. Classes generally convene on weekdays for this program.
Popular MBA Courses to Pursue in Poland
Enlisted below are some of the top specializations that students must know before pursuing an MBA in Poland. Have a look:
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Accounting
- MBA in Information Technology
- MBA in Healthcare Management
- MBA Business Analytics
- MBA International Business
- MBA Entrepreneurship
- MBA Project Management
- MBA Marketing
- MBA in Manufacturing
Eligibility Criteria for MBA in Poland
Though the actual course requirements may differ as per the MBA program and university, there are certain general prerequisites that you must know before applying for this postgraduate program at a Polish university. Here are the major eligibility requirements for MBA in Poland:
- The applicant must have completed a bachelor’s degree in any related field with the minimum scores specified by the university.
- GMAT or GRE scores are not required by universities in Poland and the basic criteria is a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- If you are applying for a regular MBA in Poland, then work experience is not compulsory but is commonly preferred by universities. However, for executive MBA programs, you must have prior work experience and the duration can vary from one university to another.
The following is a document checklist when applying for an MBA in Poland:
- All the copies of original transcripts of the past
- Admission form (filled and signed)
- English language proficiency certificate (if asked)
- GMAT/GRE scores (if asked)
- Copy of valid passport
- Medical certificates
- MBA essays
- Updated CV/Resume
- Passport-sized photographs
MBA in Poland: Admission Process
The following are the basic and straightforward admissions procedures for foreign students seeking to pursue an MBA in Poland:
Step 1: Make a list of the universities to which you want to apply.
Step 2: Go to the university’s official website. On the portal, make a note of your registration.
Step 3: Decide on a course of study for which you want to pursue an MBA.
Step 4: Complete the application form with all necessary information.
Step 5: Submit scanned copies of your papers and important documents.
Step 6: After acceptance, the university will give the applicant a letter of admission.
Step 7: After receiving an acceptance letter from the university, the candidate must begin the immigration process.
Step 8: Candidates may apply for a student visa at the Polish Embassy from their home country.
MBA in Poland Course Duration
Generally, the duration of study of MBA in Poland is around 2 years. Having said that, one must keep the below-mentioned points in mind:
- The length of the MBA course varies depending on the university that you might choose.
- The Executive MBA programme lasts around 1-2 years.
- A normal MBA programme lasts for around 2-3 years.
- According to their academics, Polish universities provide MBA programmes with a customizable duration.
- Some MBA programmes in Poland are 15 months, 18 months, or 20 months long as well.
MBA in Poland: Fee Structure
The program fees play a crucial role in the decision-making process for any candidate who wishes to study abroad. Hence we have drafted a table that tells you the estimated average total fee for an MBA in Poland at some of the top Poland Universities and B-schools.
|Universities offering MBA in Poland||Average (Estimated) Total Fee in INR|
|Warsaw University of Technology Business School||INR 6-8 Lakhs|
|Faculty of Management, University of Warsaw||INR 4-6 Lakhs|
|Poznan University of Economics||INR 4-6 Lakhs|
|Warsaw School of Economics||INR 3-6 Lakhs|
|Kozminski University||INR 2-4 Lakhs|
|Cracow University of Economics||INR 3-6 Lakhs|
|University of Wroclaw||INR 4-8 Lakhs|
|SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities||INR 3-6 Lakhs|
|The Gdansk University of Technology||INR 6-8 Lakhs|
|Lublin Business School||INR 4-6 Lakhs|
Note: Scholarships are given to overseas students depending on their academic performance and merit. However, only a few Polish colleges provide scholarships to overseas students.
MBA in Poland Admission Intakes
MBA programs in Poland typically have two intakes each year. The first intake is held in October as a fall intake, while the second intake is held in February as a spring intake. As a result, candidates must be certain about the institution to which they have applied and the program that they have selected.
1-Year MBA in Poland
If you wish to complete your MBA and higher education in just 1 year, then Poland is a perfect destination for that also. The small European country is trying to fulfill the requirements and needs of international students. Given below is the list of some universities that are making 1 year MBA in Poland possible:
|ESCP Business School||Warsaw||MBA in International Management|
|Institute of Economics of the Polish Academy of Sciences||Warsaw||Master of Business Administration|
|Institute of Computer Science – Polish Academy of Sciences||Warsaw||MBA – Innovation and Data Analysis|
Top Executive MBA in Poland
Without a question, Poland is rapidly becoming a desirable destination for international students. With a rise in foreign investment and international exchange programs, more individuals are traveling to Poland for education and business possibilities. As highlighted before too that this small nation is trying its best to offer everything that is required and demanded by the international students over the period of time. One such program is the Executive MBA program in Poland. Listed below are some of the best universities that are offering EMBA to students.
- Kozminski University
- University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management
- Warsaw University of Technology Business School
- Warsaw Management Academy
MBA in Poland without IELTS
Many European countries have developed a variety of English-taught courses in order to attract an increasing number of overseas students. There are numerous English-taught universities in Poland as well. One of their prerequisites is IELTS and other exam results to demonstrate English language ability. For some students, this is a barrier in their study abroad trip; nonetheless, here are some of the Universities where you can study in Poland without IELTS:
- Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan
- Warsaw University of Technology. Warsaw
There are several methods to study in Poland without taking the IELTS exam. Here’s how to do it:
- The candidate will be interviewed via video by the University administration. There will be basic questions regarding the student’s history, academic choices, and why they picked this particular university.
- Some universities in Poland have their own English language competency exams that students must take once they arrive in Poland. The criteria and IELTS exemptions differ depending on the university and the particular applicant.
- The alternative option is that if a student is from a native English-speaking country or if their prior degree was completed using English as the medium of instruction, certain universities in Poland will not need IELTS results from foreign students.
Part-time MBA in Poland
Part-time MBA programmes are well worth the investment for the appropriate individuals! Part-time and executive MBA programmes go beyond making a business school degree available to people who would otherwise be unable to afford the financial sacrifices, time obligations, and interruptions to family life that a full-time equivalent entails. Some of the universities and institutes that are providing part-time MBA to international students in Poland are mentioned below:
- Kozminski University
- Cracow School of Business at Cracow University of Economics
- The MBA Tour
- Institute of Computer Science – Polish Academy of Sciences (IPI PAN)
- Warsaw University Of Technology Business School
- Institute of Economics of the Polish Academy of Sciences
MBA in Poland Visa Requirement
To study in Poland as an international student, you will require a student visa unless you are a citizen of an EU country. To study in Poland, you will simply need a valid ID and travel papers, as well as to register your residency with the Voivodship (Provincial) Office if you are from an EU member state. All other international students will require a type-D visa, which will allow them to stay and study in Poland for a year. To extend your stay, you must apply for a temporary residence permit before your visa expires. In order to attain a residence permit for Poland, you have to submit the following documents:
- A signed Poland student visa application form (duly filled)
- Offer letter from a Polish university
- Identity documents (passport)
- Proof of your studies
- Health insurance documents
- Proof you have sufficient funds
- Passport-sized photograph
- Proof of accommodation in Poland
- Proof of your English language proficiency
- Your past official transcripts
Note: Your first permission will be valid for 15 months, but it can be renewed for up to three years, but not for any longer than the duration of your studies.
Working with a Student Visa in Poland
Working with a Polish type D student visa is not restricted. International students do not need a work permit to work in Poland if they have a valid residence permit. Although it is feasible to work full-time while studying in Poland, you must ensure that your studies are not compromised. Working excessive hours may make it more difficult to renew your residence permit if it has a negative impact on your grades.
Cost of Living in Poland
When compared to other European countries, the cost of living in Poland is significantly cheaper. In Poland, students can stay in hostels, however, the cost varies depending on the university. A hostel often costs around 60 euros (INR 5,297) per month, whereas a shared single room typically costs around 100 euros (INR 8,829) per month. Depending on the location and size, renting a shared flat might cost around 150 euros (13,244) per month. Rent rises with growing size and affluent location. If you do not want to share, a single apartment may cost around 300 euros (INR 26,489) per month. The cost of living varies depending on your overall level of life. Find out the cost of living in Poland for Indian students here!
Career Opportunity and Salary after MBA in Poland
Despite the fact that MBA salaries in Central and Eastern European nations such as Poland continue to lag behind those in Western Europe and the United States, MBA employment prospects in Poland appear to be promising within the area. After pursuing an MBA in Poland, students in Poland can apply for the following positions or job prospects:
- Technical Product Manager
- Operation Manager
- Product Manager
- Finance Analyst
- Operation Manager
- Global Feasibility lead
- HR Operations Specialists
- Business Process Manager
- Field Sales Manager
According to the QS Top MBA Jobs and Salary Trends study, average MBA wages in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) are about US$47,500 (INR 35,30,565) per year, compared to US$85,600 (INR 63,62,451) in Western Europe and US$87,700 (INR 65,18,539) in the United States and Canada. Despite these stark contrasts, an MBA enhances your chances of being placed in a higher league, since many corporations in CEE want excellent business talents and competencies to satisfy their development demands.
Is Pursuing an MBA in Poland a Good Option?
- Poland is an excellent European destination for Indian students seeking a master’s degree with low tuition prices.
- It is a vibrant European Union member with a robust economy and a good potential for a future career in a different area.
- Every year, an increasing number of students select Poland for their master’s degrees.
- Poland draws students because of its high-quality educational institutions, inexpensive tuition costs, and low cost of living.
- Poland also boasts to have over 450 universities, all of which are highly specialized, allowing for the creation of excellent specialists in a wide range of areas.
- Furthermore, all universities provide a diverse selection of master’s degrees in fields such as IT, Engineering, Business Management, MBA, and so on.
- According to international education standards, Poland’s educational system is acknowledged.
- Education in Poland is less expensive than in other European nations. Tuition expenses range from less than 3000 EUR to 4000 EUR (INR 2,65,278- 3,53,704) per year on average.
- When compared to the typical tuition of private universities in France, Germany, the United Kingdom, or Ireland, this may be a significant saving at the start of your studies.
- Having said that, Poland has a relatively cheap cost of living. A room in the city center costs between 100 to 150 EUR (INR 8,842- 13,263) on average.
Let’s explore some of these prominent universities in Poland and their prospective MBA programs:
MBA in International Management (Regular), ESCP Europe Business School
Offered by two countries, the MBA in International Management at the ESCP Business School is a highly reputable course that admits young professionals with at least 3 years of work experience. It is a one-year full-time course. Students have the option to complete their course along with studying at any of the European cities of Paris, London, Berlin, Madrid, Torino, and Warsaw and Asian cities of Beijing and New Delhi.
Postgraduate Program in International Business (Executive), University of Gdansk
One of the most coveted choices for studying for an Executive MBA in Poland is the International Business Program at the University of Gdansk. It is a one-year course with classes convening every alternate weekend. Students get to know about international management, communication, and various other facets of business through a diverse set of methods such as workshops, debates, industrial visits among others.
Global MBA, Faculty of Management, University of Warsaw
The Faculty of Management at the University of Warsaw was established in 1972 and is considered one of the oldest schools of Management in Europe. It offers the best options to study for an MBA in Poland. The Global MBA program offered at the university is a regular two-year program spread over the USA, Germany, China, and Warsaw. Additionally, the Executive MBA program is also a well-curated program considered to be the best in Poland.
MBA Courses at Cracow School of Business, Cracow University of Economics
This school specializes in providing quality management and leadership training to students across multiple disciplines. It offers an International MBA, Executive MBA and the innovative and highly customized MBA CSB+Master Program offered in association with Clark University, Worcester, USA. The specializations offered are Managerial Communication, Healthcare Management, Human Resources Management, and IT systems.
MBA in Poland is not only a common option among Indian students, but it is also a popular choice among students from all over the world. Most notably, the MBA curriculum in Poland is comparable to that of the United States, the United Kingdom, and other European countries, making it extremely beneficial to students.
Otherwise, foreign students must pay tuition fees, which at public universities in Poland normally range from US$2,200 to $4,500 per year. Private universities in Poland charge slightly higher fees, which can range from US$6,600 per year depending on the course and the institution.
International students believe that Polish universities provide some of Europe’s best higher education. Three more Polish universities earned “excellent” ratings from students: Gdansk School of Banking, University of Warsaw, and the Wroclaw University of Technology.
Poland is a relatively inexpensive European country with a relatively stable economy. International students’ monthly living expenses range from 350 to 550 EUR. Depending on the city or region where you want to research, you can change your budget. In larger cities like Krakow or Warsaw, you’ll need between 500 and 850 EUR per month.
English is commonly spoken in Poland, with just over a third of Poles claiming to be able to communicate in English to some extent. According to recent statistics, 37 percent of Poles speak English as a second language.
There are diverse-ranging options for pursuing an MBA in Poland but the course is completely beneficial with its expansive curriculum and several specializations on offer. When considering an MBA program, finding the right fit between a university and specialization is tough. At Leverage Edu, the AI-based algorithm matches you with the finest mentors from your field so that you can get well-evidenced and personalized guidance for furthering your dream career.