One of the most daunting parts of studying or even travelling abroad is the uncertainty of getting a visa to that country. Many-a-times, students get admission to a good college, tourists book their hotel rooms but end up getting a rejection for their visas that puts the efforts to waste. Hence, it is very important to understand the entire process of visa application so you do not end up making a mistake. Different countries have different visa requirements and processes that you must abide by. In this blog, we will talk about how to apply for a visa in different countries.
This Blog Includes:
Types of Visas
Immigration authorities issue different types of visas to travellers, such as:
- Short and Long Stay Visa
- Student Visa
- Electronic Visa
- Work Visa
- Single and Multiple Entry Visa
- Business Visa
- Tourist Visa
- Residence Visa
How To Apply for a Visa?
The application form for Visa is available in both online and offline modes. For offline application, the applicant must download the form and fill it with the required details. The application form along with supporting documents is submitted at the Visa application centre.
The application form for Visa is also accepted in the online mode. In fact, many countries only accept online applications.
Applicants for India can apply for Indian Visa online by using the online India Visa registration portal. It is important to read the guidelines before applying.
- Select the type of Visa you are applying for
- Check your eligibility to avail the Visa
- Fill the application form- online or offline
- Attach all the required documents
- Appear for the Visa interview along with the necessary documents at the embassy
The application form requires the following information about the applicant such as:
- Name of applicant
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Duration of stay in the specific country
- Contact address in the destination country
Checklist Before Applying
Before beginning to apply for a visa, these are the checkpoints that must be kept in mind:
- Understanding the application procedure
- Passport size photographs
- Official documents with purpose of visit
- Financial status
- Fees for visa
- Interview preparation
The process of visa application can vary from country to country. However, the basic requirement remains the same such as applicant details and proof of purpose. The applicants are provided with the Visa application reference number for future use.
Check Visa Application Status
After applying for a Visa through the application form, the applicants can check the status of their Visa using passport number. The steps to be followed are mentioned below.
- Visit the official Visa website of the country of application
- Click on Visa application status
- Enter the passport number and date of birth
- Submit the details
- The Visa application status opens on a new webpage
Applying for Visa
Now that we have learned about the basic requirements of getting a visa, let’s dig deep into the details of getting a visa for each major country.
Apply to USA
There are around 185 different types of visas basically divided into two categories namely immigrant visa and nonimmigrant visa. Indians can apply for either type of visa. The process for either application is different. Read more about the US Visa application.
The steps to be followed are:
- Get accepted into university and fill the I-20 form provided by them. It includes study plan details and information supporting your stay
- Pay SEVIS fee of $350 for the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)
- Complete your DS-160 visa application for F-1 Visa
- Schedule visa interview and prepare the F-1 visa application interview questions with seriousness
Apply to UK
The UK offers different kinds of visas based on the purpose of the visit. Indians apply for UK visas, pay the fees and can book an appointment at the application Centre online. Carrying the required documents is necessary during the visit. The steps to be followed are:
- Confirmation from the university to take admission
- Maintenance funds for fees and stay
- Apply online on UK Visa official website
- Keep the documents ready- photographs and fingerprints
- Pay the application fees
- Book an interview with authorities
Also Read: UK Student Visa Rejection Reasons
Apply to Australia
Australia offers Visa for work as well as residence. Depending on the type of visa, the application fee may be charged. The steps to be followed are:
- Create and log into your ImmiAccount
- Fill the visa application form online
- Track your application from your ImmiAccount
- Upload documents, passport details, change email, and address details
- A Transaction Reference Number (TRN) number assigned
- Communicate with the visa center
- Check your visa entitlements
Apply to Canada
One of the most popular educational destinations for Indian students. One can apply for a Canadian visa by downloading the application form online and then submitting it to the local Canada Visa Application Centre. The steps to be followed are:
- Determine how you will apply- online or offline
- Keep documents ready for uploading- acceptance letter, SOP, finance statements
- Pay the processing fees
- Submit your application and supporting documents at the nearest VFS office in offline mode
- A unique tracking number helps in tracking the progress of application
- Schedule interview and be prepared
Also Read: Canada Student Visa IELTS Band Requirements
Yes it is possible to submit a visa application without a prior appointment with a valid reason.
The visa application process depends upon the type of visa applied for and many other factors considered by the authorities.
Yes the status of visa application can be checked by visiting the official website
The Visa application fee is not refunded by the authorities after our visa application rejection.
If you are looking forward to taking admission in an international Institute then you must learn how to apply for a Visa. However, the visa process is a tedious yet mandatory task in which you must not take any risks. We at Leverage Edu help our students to get their visas with an accuracy rate of 99% making it very smooth. So, connect with us today for a FREE Consultation call or call us 1800 57 2000.