Sprawled with flatlands, lakes, marches, and abundant forests, Lithuania is a country in Europe. Being located in Europe, it is regarded to be one of the top locations for outbound students because of its excellent academic record and high student satisfaction rate. The mode of education for most of the courses in Lithuania is English which makes it a popular choice among international students. In this blog, we focus on how to study in Lithuania, its top universities, and more!
|Total Area||65,300 sq. km|
|Time Zone||GMT +3|
|Language||Baltic Language of Lithuania and English|
|Courses Available||Certificate, Degree & Diploma|
|The average cost of study||€1,000 – 6,500 (INR 87,279- INR 5,67,318)|
This Blog Includes:
Why Study in Lithuania?
- It goes without saying, a degree from a foreign university holds great importance.
- While most of the students opt for pursuing higher education from popular European countries like the UK, France, or Germany, there are some lesser-known countries in Europe that are now becoming renowned amongst international students for delivering quality education.
- Lithuania is one such country that is chosen for higher studies among students owing to its unique culture and globally recognized education system.
- Additionally, what makes it attractive for international students is its excellent surroundings and touristy location. Undoubtedly, Lithuania can be regarded as an excellent choice for those looking to pursue higher studies abroad and also gain valuable skills and experience.
Cost of Studying in Lithuania
Let’s look at how much it costs to study in Lithuania for international students in 2021:
- Tuition Fees in Lithuania are cheaper compared to other countries of Europe.
- The tuition fees range between €1,000-5,300 (INR 75,000 – INR 3,95,000) for bachelor’s degrees and €2,200-6,500(INR 1,49,000 – INR 4,85,000) for master’s degrees.
- The fee depends on the choice of course and the university type.
- Living costs in Lithuania are also considerably lower than that of other countries of Europe.
Top Universities in Lithuania
Here is a list of world-class and highly renowned universities to study in Lithuania:
|Kaunas University of Technology||Kaunas|
|Vilnius Gediminas Technological University||Vilnius|
There are many courses for international students to pursue higher studies in Lithuania Listed below are some of the most popular courses among international students to study in Lithuania at undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate levels:
- International Business
- Hospitality Management
- Social Work
- Political Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Sea Ports Engineering
The requirements vary depending upon the different program you are applying for, but the generic documents that are needed to study in Lithuania are:
- Your high school and all other grade transcripts
- Copy of your passport
- Language test results scores like IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Updated CV or Resume
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Letter of recommendation
- Copy of student visa
- Copy of passport
- Passport-size photographs
- Medical certificate
- Birth certificate
To apply for universities in Lithuania, students must follow the below-mentioned steps –
- Students must visit the official website of the institution.
- Then, click on ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Register Here’.
- Students are then required to provide their education history with all the qualifications.
- They must also fill in the details of their employment history and personal statement.
- Once the form has been filled up, students must submit the application form by paying the mentioned fees.
Study in Lithuania after 12th
To pursue an undergraduate degree in Lithuania after XIIth, students must transcript of upper secondary education. Some institutions often ask foreign students to appear for an entrance exam. Hence for students who wish to continue studies in Lithuania after XIIth, students must apply at the university of their choice by filling out the application form with all the required information and documents.
- For student visas, students must keep all the documents ready and then have to pay an application fee that will be incurred for visa application.
- These documents must be kept ready –
- 4 Photographs
- Birth Certificate
- Visa application form (duly filled and signed)
- Passport Copy
- Academics report of 10th onwards
- Medical Certificate
- Bank Statements or Income proof
- Transcripts (Mark sheets from 10th class till the last degree obtained)
The tuition fees range between €1,000 – 6,500 (INR 87,279- INR 5,67,318). This depends on the choice of course and the university type.
International students can work in Lithuania as long as they are enrolled in a university. Non-EU students have the permit to work for 20 hours per week.
Since 2015, the currency in use in Lithuania is Euros.
The literacy rate in Lithuania is 99.82%.
Most of the courses to study in Lithuania are taught in English.
This is all that you need to know if you plan to study in Lithuania. Panning to study abroad but confused about the application process amidst the ongoing pandemic! Then, contact our experts at Leverage Edu and look at a free session today to resolve all your doubts!