Australia is a land of opportunity and educational excellence. Its state of the art infrastructure, top-notch degree and short term courses, and a student-friendly environment makes it a preferred study destination. Apart from the Group Eight universities, the island nation is packed with some of the leading academic institutions offering quality education across domains. While there is a multitude of courses offered by these universities, it is an MBA in Australia for Indian students that is a commonly chosen option. There are many other reasons to pursue an MBA in Australia for Indian students, let’s discover them through this blog!
This Blog Includes:
- Types of MBA in Australia
- Why Study MBA in Australia?
- Popular MBA Courses
- Top Universities
- Intakes in Australia
- MBA in Australia: Requirements
- MBA in Australia with Scholarship
- Cost of MBA in Australia for Indian Students
- Course Duration
- Job Opportunities after MBA in Australia for Indian Students
- Top Recruiters
- MBA in Australia without GMAT
- Cheapest MBA in Australia for International Students
- Visa for MBA in Australia
|Name of the Course||MBA in Australia|
|Course Level||Postgraduate Course|
|Basic Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree along with required entrance exams|
|GMAT or GRE||Yes, Required|
|Annual Tuition Fees||INR 11- 20,00,000|
|Job Profiles||Manager, Analyst, HR, Finance Manager, Marketing Manager, Banks|
Types of MBA in Australia
Be it for national students or international students, Australia offers MBA degree in the below-mentioned formats-
Why Study MBA in Australia?
MBA in Australia for Indian students is now a popular concept considering the international recognition of the Australian MBA course structure and the universities. Here are some of the reasons which make it an ideal place to study MBA:
- There are many types of MBA courses that have been accredited by international bodies like AACSB.
- The affordable price makes it an attractive option for students.
- The flexibility of Australian universities allows students to work as well as study in Australia for better exposure.
- You can choose from a range of specialisation options.
- The cultural diversity amongst the students in Australian universities makes it a desirable place for MBA for Indian students.
Popular MBA Courses
There are a variety of MBA options available in the Australian Universities for Indian students. Given below is the list of some popular MBA programs:
While all the colleges for MBA in Australia for Indian Students are at par in terms of facilities and academic structure, let us have a look at some of the top colleges for the same:
|University||QS Global MBA Ranks 2021||MBA Cost|
|The University of Melbourne||26||AUD $89,500 [Total]|
|University of New South Wales||41||AUD$86,400 [Total]|
|Monash University||73||AUD $44,000|
|The University of Queensland||99||AUD $80,808|
|The University of Western Australia||101-110||AUD $40,000|
|Macquarie University||121-130||AUD $59,700|
|Australian National University||121-130||AUD $47,880|
|Deakin University||151-200||AUD $29,000|
|RMIT University||151-200||AUD $37,440|
Note: The fee is for indicative purposes. It can vary based on the course duration, annual/total cost, and at the discretion of the university. To know more, contact the experts at Leverage Edu.
Intakes in Australia
There are mainly 3 phases of intakes in Australia throughout the year when intakes are done regarding MBA in Australia for Indian students. They are:
MBA in Australia: Requirements
The Australian universities offering MBA programs provide an opportunity of learning to individuals from different backgrounds. You are given a chance to plan and consult different professionals to understand genuine business concerns. This enables a platform where you get a feel of how the corporate world works, which is one disadvantage that you might otherwise face if you lack prior experience. Enlisted are the requirements for pursuing MBA in Australia for Indian students:
- You must hold a bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Your final score in the undergraduate degree and your GMAT score is the most important components for your admission process. However, this can vary. For example, in the case of lower grades in a bachelor’s degree, it can be compensated with a good GMAT score and vice versa.
- Your extracurriculars, your SOP, LORs, IELTS score, and your essays form the rest of the admission requirement.
- At least 2-3 years of work experience. However, some universities consider students with less or no experience too. The accredited MBA program, which is AMBA for short, requires work experience of at least 3 years.
MBA in Australia with Scholarship
Your journey of MBA in Australia for Indian Students will be easier if you go on to applying for the following MBA scholarships in Australia-
|MBA Student Scholarship||University of Queensland||25% reduction in tuition fee|
|CEG Scholarship||University of Southern Queensland||20% waiver in tuition fee|
|MBA (Global) Scholarship||Curtin University||20% waiver in tuition fee|
|USQ Scholarship||University of Southern Queensland||20% waiver in tuition fee|
|MBA Global International Student Scholarship||University of Newcastle||2,500 AUD|
|Curtin International Scholarship||Curtin University||25% of the tuition fee for the first year|
|MBA International Scholarship||Curtin University||15,000 AUD|
|India Global Leaders Scholarships (Business, Economics & Law)||University of Queensland||5,000 UD – 20,000 AUD|
Apart from the above ones, here are some other MBA Scholarships-
- ANU Research School Of Management Master Of Business Administration Scholarship 2021 by Australian National University
- SEMBA Class Of 2003 Scholarship by University of Melbourne
- Dean’s Scholarship For Women And Management 2021 by University of Melbourne
- Monash MBA International Excellence In Leadership Scholarships In Australia, by Monash Business School
- Curtin University MBA International Student Scholarship by Curtin University
Cost of MBA in Australia for Indian Students
When you decide on an MBA in Australia for Indian students, one of the most important things to be kept in mind is the cost involved. There are other requirements which must be taken care of apart from the tuition fees. If we consider the overall expenditure of personal expenses, transportation, insurance, hostel and meals, the figure comes approximately around AUD 20, 700 (INR 11,65,420).
We all know that an MBA as a course is spread over a time span of 2 years. If you are considering to pursue an MBA in Australia, then you must know that in most of the universities, the course is between 15 months to 2 years. Recently, one year MBA programmes have also been started in many universities, tabulated below is the course duration in some of the top universities in Australia. You can have a look here:
|Name Of College/ University||Course Duration|
|Monash University||2 years|
|University Of Western Australia||16 months|
|Melbourne Business School||16 months|
|Australian National University||1.5 years|
|University Of Technology, Sydney||2 years|
|Macquarie University||1 year|
|University Of Canberra||2 years|
Job Opportunities after MBA in Australia for Indian Students
With worldwide recognition, the universities offering MBA in Australia for Indian Students, draw up good job profiles and packages for its students. The Melbourne Business School had a reported 88% placement record for the academic year 2013-14. In comparison to the US, in terms of salaries, the universities of Australia fare better. The tourism and real estate industries are growing and have tons of job opportunities for candidates. The business houses of Australia are on the rise and prefer specialized candidates for specialized job roles. Hence, pursuing a specialized branch during your MBA is beneficial. In totality, the job sector in Australia looks good for those looking for opportunities to continue living after graduation in Australia. Listed below are the top job profiles for MBA graduates-
- Business Analyst
- Recruitment Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Senior Product Manager
- Regional Sales Manager
- Risk Manager
- Employee Relations Manager
- Management Consultant
- Sales Consultant
- Business Development Manager
- Project Management
- General Manager
- Operations Manager
Tabulated below are the major recruiters of MBA graduates in Australia-
|Recruiters||Average Annual Salary (AUD)|
|Commonwealth Bank of Australia||84,000- 165,000|
|ANZ Banking Corporation||45,000- 225,000|
|Telstra Corporation Ltd||126,000- 155,000|
|Westpac Banking Corp||66,00- 135,000|
|Allianz Global Investors||132,000|
|HSBC Global Asset Management||107,000|
MBA in Australia without GMAT
The students who do not have a GMAT score can apply to the below mentioned universities without any GMAT score-
- ANU College of Business and Economics, Australian National University
- La Trobe University, Melbourne
- Faculty of Business and Economics, Monash University
- Sydney Business School, University of Wollongong
- Macquarie Graduate School of Management, Macquarie University
- Sydney Graduate School of Management, University of Western Sydney
- The University of Sydney Business School
- Australian Catholic University
- James Cook University, Townsville City
- Curtin University, Perth
Cheapest MBA in Australia for International Students
For all the students who are exploring the cheapest MBA in Australia for international students, there are ample options in the country. Many institutions and business schools in Australia offer MBA programs in the cheaper range. The average tuition cost for such programs is around INR 8,00,000- 12,00,000 for a year. Listed below are some of the universities offering the cheapest MBA in Australia for international students-
- Kaplan Business School
- Holmes Institute
- Charles Darwin University
- Edith Cowan University
- Victoria University
- Central Queensland University
- Federation University
- University of Southern Queensland
- University of Southern Queensland
Visa for MBA in Australia
Here are the details related to students as well as work visa for Australia-
Once the students have received admit from the university in Australia, they can apply for a student visa. Here are the documents that you may need-
- Academic and work experience documents
- Evidence of English proficiency by submitting IELTS/TOEFL scores
- A valid passport
- Visa application fee
- Your Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement
- Statement of purpose
- Passport-size photographs
- Evidence of financial ability to pay for tuition fees, living expenses, expenses for dependents, return airfare, etc.
- Health insurance policy or OSHC
- Proof of enrollment or Confirmation of Enrollment (COE)
After completing the MBA course in Australia, students can apply for a work visa. Here are the documents required for the work visa-
- Health Insurance
- Skills assessment results from an authentic authority
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL)
- Educational Employment Documentation
- If intimidated about selection, Indian students must apply within 60 days.
- Sponsorship or nomination if applying for a sponsored visa
- 65 points must be scored according to the Australian points-based system. The higher the score, the higher is the chance for selection
The average fee for pursuing MBA in Australia is around 15,00,000-20,00,000. To seek some relaxations on the fee, you can apply for a scholarship.
There are many universities in Australia that offer comparatively cheap MBA programs. The average tuition fee of such programs is around INR 8,00,000- 12,00,000 per year.
Here is a list of institutions offering offering cheap MBA in Australia-
Kaplan Business School
Charles Darwin University
Edith Cowan University
Central Queensland University
University of Southern Queensland
Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Germany, South Africa, Finland are counted amongst cheapest countries for MBA.
Australia is one of the topmost destinations for pursuing an MBA. Considering the academic excellence the country possess along with life-changing career opportunities in a bunch of fields makes it totally worth it pursuing an MBA in Australia.
Once you complete an MBA degree in Australia, you may tend to earn the following salary AUD 85,000- 120,000 (INR 48,00,000-67,00,000)
We have provided you with all the information for MBA in Australia for Indian students. It is natural to have doubts and queries about the possibilities of education abroad. In case of further questions or doubts, you can consult the experts at Leverage Edu who can guide you through the entire process, helping you move closer to your dream university!