Confirmation of enrolment (COE) is proof that you are qualified to attend a university after receiving the offer letter that states that you have accepted your spot. You’ll need it when you apply for a student visa to study in Australia. Your COE contains information about you, the program you are studying, the estimated cost, and the duration of your study. In this blog, we have provided you with all the information you need to know about the Confirmation of Enrolment (COE).
This Blog Includes:
Here’s an updated and detailed guide to know about the Intakes in Australia in 2022!
What is a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE)?
A Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) is an electronic document provided by a recognized educational provider (such as a university) to an overseas student who wishes to enrol and study there. When applying for a student visa via the Australian Government’s Department of Home Affairs, an official Confirmation of Enrolment or a COE is the only recognized proof of enrolment for international students.
What is a Conditional COE?
If you have a conditional offer based on final findings, you may be able to accept it early and earn a conditional Confirmation of Enrolment (COE). A conditional COE is given to help with the student visa application. Conditions are listed on the COE, and your acceptance into your program is contingent on your ability to meet and demonstrate that you have met them. If you meet the following criteria, you will receive a conditional COE:
- You’re in your last semester of college
- You’ve completed the English prerequisites
- You’ve given official documentation of your academic qualifications
- Have completed the conditional COE application
When Will You Receive a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE)?
Only once you’ve completed the following steps will you obtain official Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) documentation:
- If your application to study was successful, you have formally accepted the university’s invitation to study.
- You’ve paid your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) fee for the term of your chosen visa.
- You have completed the first semester of your studies and paid your tuition expenses.
Note: You can apply for your Australian student visa through the Australian Government’s Department of Home Affairs once you’ve obtained your official Confirmation of Enrolment (COE).
Know more about the Australia Student Visa (Subclass 500)
How to Get a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE)?
The Confirmation of Enrolment Application must be completed by continuing international students who presently have or are seeking a new student visa. You must keep track of the expiration date of your Confirmation of Enrolment and your student visa at all times to ensure that they stay valid. To apply for a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE), you must:
- Fill out the Confirmation of Enrolment Application with your personal information
- Pay the fees as specified on the Confirmation of Enrollment form
- Your Confirmation of Enrolment application will be reviewed, and if accepted, your COE will be emailed to your student email account.
Note: Once you’ve satisfied all of the terms of your offer and paid your tuition price deposit and Overseas Student Health Cover payment (if applicable). Processing may take up to 5-8 business days.
What If Your COE is Canceled?
The University may revoke your Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) for a variety of reasons. For example, your COE might be revoked if you have:
- Failed to enrol in any courses
- Failed to pay your tuition fees
- Under the university’s Unsatisfactory Academic Progress Policy, you’ve been barred from continuing your studies
- You’ve decided to postpone your education till a later period
- Decided to withdraw from studies at the university
- Decided to switch to a different educational institution
- Completed your studies early
If International Student Support cancels your Confirmation of Enrolment (COE), you will be notified of the date of termination. After that, you’ll have 28 days to do one of the following:
- Leave Australia
- Apply for a different visa
- Apply to have your COE reinstated
After 28 days, your student visa may be cancelled at any time by the Department of Home Affairs.
Know More About the February Intake in Australia and Where to Apply?
The Department of Home Affairs is solely responsible for decisions regarding the revocation of your student visa. Your student visa is not and cannot be revoked by the University. You can contact the Department of Home Affairs if you have any concerns concerning your student visa.
No. Your email account will receive a new COE. If your visa is about to expire or you are concerned that your COE will not arrive, you can apply for a new en.
Yes. If you are a continuing student who has sought a COE to apply for a new student visa, you must apply for your new visa within 45 days of receiving your letter; otherwise, your letter will expire and you will be unable to submit your visa application.
Your Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) will be sent to you through email or by your agent.
We hope that this blog has given you all of the information you want regarding the What is confirmation of enrolment (COE). Are you having problems determining which program in Australia is ideal for you or confused with the process? Get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts on 1800572000 for complete assistance in securing admission to your selected college. Now is the best time to schedule a free consultation with us!