Among all Business Management courses, the most coveted one is an MBA. In that, MBA in Finance is one of the most pursued fields as it expands your knowledge about the economy of the world. For aspirants who have a strong background in finance and want to further their knowledge of business, analyse the company’s reports, forecast economic trends, etc, the MBA in Finance is a viable option for them. The course is available at top universities around the world with great career opportunities for the future.
|Full-Form||Master of Business Administration in Finance|
|Minimum Percentage||45%-50% in 10+2|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 4 – 20 Lakhs|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3 – 9 LPA|
|Employment Roles||Financial Advisory, Insurance, Investment Banking,
Hedge Fund Management, Credit Risk Management, Insurance.
Also Read: MBA in Banking and Finance
This Blog Includes:
- What is an MBA in Finance?
- What is Taught in MBA in Finance?
- Types of MBA Finance
- Eligibility Criteria for MBA Finance
- Top MBA in Finance Entrance Examinations
- Best Global Universities for MBA in Finance
- Popular Management Colleges in India
- MBA in Finance Fees Structure
- MBA Finance Syllabus and Subjects
- Top Crucial MBA Finance Skills
- Jobs and Salary after MBA in Finance
- MBA in Finance Global Recruiters
- Employment Areas
- Popular Recruiters in India
What is an MBA in Finance?
There are various branches of specialization in MBA. However, finance is one of the most caught-after courses with an increase in demand in various sectors and high scope. An MBA in finance is often looked upon as an absolute way to success along with lucrative pay. The course is a blend of finance and management and includes topics like stock markets, financial risks, etc.
What is Taught in MBA in Finance?
A fine balance of Mathematics and management education, an MBA program covers a diverse range of concepts. Combining both theoretical and practical aspects of the field, the degree program is a popular choice for students who want to gain a strong footing in Finance and managerial aspects related to it. The specialized MBA in Finance spans over 1-2 years which lays focus on investment, economics, mergers & acquisitions, etc. Further, with the aim of nurturing the students, the course curriculum, apart from imparting extensive knowledge, also lays a strong emphasis on skill development to make you ready for the industry. Besides taught lectures, the coursework is skillfully designed to incorporate practical work, projects, internships and research.
Types of MBA Finance
There are four ways you can pursue MBA in Finance. These are mentioned below, along with their respective duration.
|Types of MBA in Finance||Duration|
|Full-time MBA Finance||2 years|
|Part-time MBA Finance||2 to 3 years|
|Distance MBA Finance||2 years|
|MBA Finance Online||2 to 4 years|
Eligibility Criteria for MBA Finance
If you are aspiring to study abroad then it is worth noting that the eligibility criteria for the program vary for different business schools but the standard criteria are almost similar. It is advisable to go through the official website of the university before proceeding with the application. While most of business schools require you to have prior work experience but if you demonstrate a mature understanding of the subject and have a strong portfolio, then you may be exempted. The basic eligibility criteria to take up MBA in Finance abroad is given below:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant field.
- A valid GMAT or GRE score.
- A valid score in language proficiency tests like TOEFL, IELTS or PTE.
- Minimum work experience of 2-5 years.
Note: Most of the universities offer admissions into their MBA programs based on the GMAT score and relatively lesser universities accept GRE for the management programs.
Top MBA in Finance Entrance Examinations
Certain entrance examinations that are required for MBA in Finance are mentioned below.
Best Global Universities for MBA in Finance
If you are planning to pursue an MBA in Finance course, then here are some of the leading universities which you can consider.
|Name of University||QS World University Ranking 2023|
|Georgia Institute of Technology||88|
|University of Washington||80|
|University of Minnesota||185|
|Florida State University||511-520|
|University of San Francisco||1001-1200|
|The University of Chicago||10|
|New York University||39|
|University of Toronto||34|
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Western Ontario
- London Business Schoo
- Peking University
- The University of Hong Kong
- Frankfurt School of Finance & Management
Popular Management Colleges in India
To pursue MBA in Finance, students can go for the following management colleges in India.
|UPES Dehradun||LPU Jalandhar|
|SRM University Chennai||GD Goenka University, Gurgaon|
|Chandigarh University, Chandigarh||BML Munjal University, Gurgaon|
|Manipal University (MAHE)||IPE Hyderabad|
|IFIM BUSINESS SCHOOL||Jaipuria Noida|
MBA in Finance Fees Structure
The college administration sets the majority of the MBA Finance tuition. An MBA in Finance costs differ based on the school. At Indian institutes and universities, an MBA in Finance costs between Rs 10,000 to Rs 20,00,000.
MBA Finance Syllabus and Subjects
|1st Year||Macroeconomics and Business Environment
Valuation of Bond and Shares
Cost of Capital
Introduction to Time, Value and Money
Cost of Different Sources in Finance
Capital Structure: Introduction, Features, & Factors Affecting Capital Structures
|2nd Year||Theories of Capital Structure Capital Budgeting
Risk Analysis in Capital Budgeting
Money and Capital Markets Capital Rationing
Statistics for Business Working Capital Management
Dividend Decisions Cash Management
Top Crucial MBA Finance Skills
With the increase in job remands for MBA finance, it is important that students keep up with the essential skills. This will help employers know how efficient you are through the skills you portray. Here are the top MBA Finance skills.
- Analytical Thinking: Analytic thinking is among the common skills when it comes to financing. Finance professionals must have the ability to think critically and have an analytical sense to help companies understand the risks involved in various finance projects. They must also be well acquainted with the latest market trends in finance so that they can make better decisions.
- Business Intelligence: This is another essential skill that requires knowledge of (ERP) like Oracle, SAP which are important for resource planning. Business intelligence helps professionals to plan future investments, allocate labour hours, and manage inventories efficiently. Various tools for business analytics like tableau are also helpful for data interpretation.
- Data Management: This is an essential skill that helps curate, store, manage and maintain data.
- Predictive Analysis: This is often used in financial planning that depends heavily on data management. Predictive analysis helps companies to build policies and formulate effective strategies for themselves.
- Financial Reporting: This includes the process of disclosing financial results and pertaining information to the stakeholders and upper management. People create financial statements, balance sheets, and income sheets, through which they can show the financial position of your company to the concerning party.
- Financial Modelling: This technique is used to represent real financial scenarios through theoretical methods. Financial Modelling to gauge the financial performance of any business asset. They are often part of strategic thinking or financial planning.
- Cash Flow Management: This is the process of analyzing, monitoring, and optimizing the cash receipts of businesses after cash expense deduction. An efficient cash flow management helps businesses to stay profitable and avoid any kind of financial loss.
Jobs and Salary after MBA in Finance
After completing an MBA in Finance, professionals can expect a salary between 11-20 LPA or more depending upon their experience and the company. Let’s look at some specific job roles and their respective salaries in the table below.
|Financial Manager||INR 30 lakh|
|Financial Analyst||INR 4.5 lakh|
|Treasury Manager||INR 10 lakh|
|Finance Director||INR 36 lakh|
MBA in Finance Global Recruiters
There is a huge demand for MBA Finance graduates across the globe. Top companies, global and local in nature, require financial advisors, experts, planners and analysts to manage the fiscal and managerial aspects of the company. Here are some of the top companies that require MBA Finance graduates:
- Morgan Stanley
- Deutsche Bank
- E & Y
- Lehman Brothers
- Boston Consulting Group
- Goldman Sachs
The colossal scope of an MBA in Finance across several sectors allows you to explore an array of career opportunities. The different industries from retail and supply chains to reputed financial organisations present a large scope for the students.
- Retail Banking
- Personal Finance
- Sales and Trading
- Financial Advisory
- Investment Banking
- Hedge Fund Management
- Credit Risk Management
Along with these, here are the top sectors you can explore:
- Mutual Funds
- Stock Markets
- Financial Markets
- Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs)
- International Banks
- Insurance Firms
- Equity Research Firms
- CRISIL, etc.
Popular Recruiters in India
Having a huge scope in India, MBA finance graduates can apply at any bank, organization, or financial consultations. Here are the top recruiters for MBA Finance in India.
- Goldman Sachs
- ICICI Bank
- JP Morgan
- Boston Consulting Group
- Deutsche Bank
- Goldman Sachs
- Bain & Company
- State Bank of India
- Morgan Stanley
- Merrill Lynch
- Capgemini Consulting
- Ernst & Young Nomura
Yes, MBA in Finance is a great option. Several top universities provides this degree program that not only leads students to land great work opportunities but also offer lucrative salary packages.
A B.Com or BBA degree is preferred for MBA in Finance.
MBA in Finance is a field of MBA which is one of the best.
SOP for MBA programs is central to the admissions in top universities abroad. If you are planning to pursue an MBA in Finance from one of the best business schools, Leverage Edu can help you. From finding an institution to crafting an eye-catching SOP, our career experts will take care of your admission process and ensure that you land in your desired school. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.