One of the most sought after degree programmes, MBA is a postgraduate course that offers countless career opportunities and immense global exposure in the field of Business and Management. With the increasing demand, academic institutions across the world now offer different types of MBA which focus on both, theoretical as well as practical understanding of the field. However, selecting the right country for an MBA program is as important as choosing the right specialization. Home to some of the world’s esteemed MBA universities, New Zealand has etched its name in offering globally recognised Management courses, due to which, the country is becoming a preferred destination for those aspiring to study Business and Management. So, if you also want to know more about MBA in New Zealand for International students, then here is a blog that will shed light on the same!
This Blog Includes:
Why Pursue an MBA in New Zealand?
New Zealand is one of the popular countries in the world when it comes to pursuing quality education. With its amicable environment and globally updated curriculum, New Zealand attracts a large number of international students every year for its MBA courses.
- The MBA programs in New Zealand work on the principles of an interdisciplinary approach. This means that students gain an understanding of the industry as well as theoretical concepts.
- The curriculum of every MBA program is well-updated as well as well-reputed.
- Offering theoretical knowledge embedded in an industry-oriented curriculum is the core aim of every MBA course offered by the universities in New Zealand.
- The course fees in New Zealand is more affordable compared to the other developed countries.
- Equipping students with the required skill set as well as an industry exposure, the universities nurture and groom them for the field of Business and Management.
- The universities in New Zealand offer numerous scholarship programs for international students.
- Along with all this, an easy Visa policy for international students, another alluring factor for choosing New Zealand for higher studies.
Top Colleges/Schools for MBA in New Zealand
Now that you are familiar with the reasons to pursue an MBA in New Zealand, let us explore some of the leading universities that offer MBA courses.
Otago Business School, University of Otago
The Otago Business School is not only one of the most sought-after schools for an MBA in New Zealand but is also revered worldwide. Apart from the full-time, 16-months long MBA course, it also offers part-time and online MBA programmes which can take 3 years to complete. With the aim of providing practical as well as theoretical knowledge, students get a chance to delve deep into the subject through student exchange programs and studying electives. Otago Business School has also been placed in the 151-200 rank on the QS 2020 Rankings.
The University of Auckland Business School
Another addition to our list of B-schools to pursue an MBA in New Zealand is the University of Auckland Business school. Financial Management and Control, Engaging Innovation Ecosystems, Organisational Resilience, Managing Capacity and Inventory, etc are some of the major modules taught in their 17-18 months long MBA course. When it comes to the rankings, its Business and Management studies has been placed in the 51-500 bracket in the QS 2020 report. To take admission, apart from then documents as specified by the B-school, you also need to submit GMAT scores (at least 550).
Auckland University of Technology
The university offers a Full-Time and Part-Time MBA which runs for a period of 1 year and 1.5- 2 years respectively. Furthermore, to enroll in its MBA programmes, you need to have a minimum of 5 years of work experience and 6.5 IELTS band score (Academic).
University of Canterbury
With accreditations received from AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA, the Business school of the University of Canterbury is another popular institute to pursue MBA in New Zealand. Digital Transformation and Technology Preparedness, Smart Cities, Innovative-Driven Leadership, etc are some of the core courses taught during the journey of the degree program. You can complete MBA in 16 months if you opt for a full-time course or within 5 years if it is part-time.
The University of Waikato
With an aim to impart advanced knowledge and equip the students with managerial skills, the MBA programme of Waikato Management School is ideal for those who wish to join senior roles, be it entrepreneurs, technical specialists, or middle managers. To enroll in their 18 months long MBA course, you need to have at least 3 years of management expoeriece/5 years of work experience. The school of University of Waikato has also been accredited by EQUIS, AMBA, and AACSB.
The eligibility criteria in New Zealand for a program like MBA is not very rigorous or difficult. Here are the major eligibility requirements you need to fulfill in order to apply for an MBA in New Zealand:
- A bachelor’s degree from any globally recognized institution in any field.
- Generally, universities in New Zealand need applicants to have a minimum work experience of 2 to 3 years.
- You need to have a valid English proficiency test scores as specified by the respective university.
- SOP for MBA, LORs, transcripts, updated CV/resume also form essential components.
- Submitting GMAT scores are essential in some of the schools in order to pursue an MBA in New Zealand. However, the average score range can vary from one university to another.
Hence, choosing an MBA in New Zealand gives you an opportunity to study at the world’s leading universities and explore wide-ranging prospects in the field of Management. As discussed, SOP is a crucial element that can increase your chances of getting admission. If you are also thinking about what to include in your SOP, then reach out to the experts at Leverage Edu who will provide assistance in writing s statement of purpose that sheds light on all your achievements and the motive to pursue an MBA from the chosen university in a very impressive way!