Masters in Business Analytics is one of the most sought-after courses. Thus, it is a fast-growing program that enables the students with skills that employers in the industry look after. Masters in Business Analytics in Australia does this by combining, modeling and consulting skills that are needed to manage, understand, and communicate useful insights from big data. Students graduating after Masters in Business Analytics in Australia are highly employable and are equipped to help governments and organizations make informed strategic policies or business decisions too.
|Course Name||Masters in Business Analytics|
|Eligibility||Bachelors in relevant fields; English Proficiency Tests|
|Duration||1-2 years: Full-time | 2-4 years: Part-time|
|Career Areas||Business Analysis, Artificial Intelligence, Commercial Data, Data Science, etc.|
|Average Fees||AUD 35,000 (INR 19.22 Lakhs) – AUD 72,000 (INR 39.55 Lakhs)|
|Average Salary||AUD 99,900 /month (INR 54.88 Lakhs)|
This Blog Includes:
- Best Universities for Masters in Business Analytics in Australia
- Pros of Pursuing Masters in Business Analytics in Australia
- Application Requirements
- How to Apply?
- Careers after Business Analytics Course
- Scholarships Awarded by the Australian Government
Best Universities for Masters in Business Analytics in Australia
|University||Program||Rank||Duration in Year|
|Monash University||Master of Data Science||53||2|
|University of Melbourne||Master of Business Analytics||56||1|
|University of Sydney||Master of Data Science||73||1|
|RMIT University||Master of Analytics||79||2|
|Queensland University of Technology (QUT)||Master of Information Technology (Data Science)||103||2|
|University of Technology Sydney (UTS)||Master of Data Science||109||2|
|University of South Australia||Master of Data Science||182||2|
Pros of Pursuing Masters in Business Analytics in Australia
More and more Tech companies have started hiring Data Analysts, MBAs, and Business Analysts. This has been one of the reasons that the students are opting for a master’s in Business Analytics in Australia. A few more reasons why Indian aspirants should think about going after a master’s in Business Analytics in Australia are as follows:
- Placement Opportunities: Many universities offer their students placements as well as internship opportunities on the campus itself. This is helpful for the students because such a provision is not available in other countries.
- Flexible Duration: This course in Australia is offered for 1 year as well as for 2 years. Apart from this, there are online options as well. Thus, this gives the students flexibility to choose according to their convenience.
- High in Demand: Business Analysts are recruited in numbers across industries, in both public and private sectors in Australia. Thus, this course is one good option that students can opt for rather than going for a typical MBA.
- Growth Options: The course has a lot of growth options as it is dynamic in nature. The course offers a wide variety of specializations to choose from. The growth of an aspirant in this field is directly proportional to upskilling. They can then apply to a better company for higher pay.
- Better Pay: Australia, in terms of remuneration, offers Business Analysts comparatively better pay with at least a 20-30% pay hike on a quarterly basis.
Following is the application procedure that you will have to follow in order to apply for the Business Analytics course in Australia.
English Proficiency Scores
The students who have completed their previous education in a country where English is not the mother tongue must provide the university with English Language Proficiency requirements.
|IELTS||A minimum overall score of 6.5, with no less than 6.0 in each section|
|TOEFL||A minimum overall score of 92, with no less than 22 in each section|
Ace your IELTS and TOEFL with Leverage Live!
Those without a first degree but with substantial work experience may be considered.
- A minimum grade of 65% or above in 10+2 is required
- A 2:1 honours degree with evidence of strong quantitative ability is required
- The university also considers students with equivalent industrial work experience
- Minimum English Language Entry Requirement is mandatory for International Students whose mother tongue is not English
- Degrees in economics, engineering, physics, mathematics, business and management are particularly welcomed
The following are examples of supporting documents:
- Application Requirements for Academic Documents (transcripts, degree certificates, mark sheets)
- English Language Proficiency scores such as IELTS, Pearson, TOEFL, etc. (if applicable)
- Additional requirements might include:
- CV, statement of intent, writing samples
- GRE, GMAT, and other test scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Will require the name of referees, title and email addresses.
- An email with a secure link will only be sent to your referees after you submit and pay for your application.
How to Apply?
Let us now look at the application process that an aspirant will have to follow in order to apply for the course they want to study.
Step 1: Choose Your Graduate Program
Visit the official website of the university to find out more about a program, go to the Programs page and finalize your program.
Step 2: Review Admissions Requirements and Contact the Department
All applicants must meet the Faculty’s normal admissions requirements. Review the program’s exact requirements on the department’s website and contact the department if you have any questions. Because program requirements and deadlines differ, this step is crucial. If you’re applying for a thesis-based program, keep in mind that some schools need you to find a possible supervisor before you submit your application.
Step 3: Prepare and Apply Online
Make sure you give yourself at least an hour to finish the online application. For the application, it is recommended that you use the most recent version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari. Digital copies of official documents are required for the application. The materials will be used for the initial examination of the application and are deemed “unofficial.”
Careers after Business Analytics Course
Business analytics is a new and rapidly growing industry. Moreover, individuals with analytics skills, while in demand, are in short supply. Students graduating from this programme can expect to work as
- Business Analysts
- Marketing Researchers
- Policy Analysts
- Management Consultants
- Data Scientists
- Operations Researchers
Scholarships Awarded by the Australian Government
Let us now look at some of the scholarships that the Australian government provides for students in Australian universities.
Australian Award Scholarship
Eligibility: Aimed for Young Leaders with exceptional Talent
- The student must have completed 18 years of age
- They must have an intention of adding to the development of their home country
- The scholarship is preferably for diversity (minority groups, women applicants, people belonging to rural/ economically weaker sections of society, etc.)
Grant: 100% tuition fees, establishment allowance, return air travel, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), the contribution of living expenses, etc.
Deadline: Applications for 2023 should start on April 2023 and end by June 30, 2023
Australian Government Research and Training Program (AGRTP)
Eligibility: The awardee must be enrolled in a research or doctoral degree
Expenses Covered: AUD 28,587 (INR 15.70 Lakhs) which covers tuition fees for postgraduates.
Important Dates: Round 1: 31 Aug 2022; Round 2: 15 April 2023
Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship Award
Eligibility: The aspirant must have completed 18 years of age
- The course should not start before January 1 or after November 30 of the year that the aspirant is applying for the scholarship
- The student must not have received any grant from the Australian Government in recent years
Grant: Full tuition fee, establishment allowance, travel allowance, a monthly stipend, health and travel insurance
Important Dates: The applications for 2019 are closed. For further dates, the students are requested to visit the official site.
International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS)
Eligibility: The student should qualify as an International Student
- They must fulfil the Student Visa Criteria
- They must have not received any grant from the Australian Government 2 years prior to the commencement of the course
Grant: Full Tuition Fees and Health Cover Costs (These costs are covered for the applicant as well as anyone who is dependent on the awardee)
Important Dates: Applications for 2023 will open in July. However, the application dates vary from university to university. Hence, the students are requested to check them individually.
It is important to note that the Analytics industry has been growing exponentially in Australia. Thus, the graduates of Masters in Business Analytics have highly sought after.
A Business Analyst can earn nearly A$100,000 (INR 54.94, Lakhs) per year in Australia. This salary is 5-7% higher than other jobs.
A Master’s in Business Analytics in Australia will be worth it if the aspirant wants to learn how to interpret and use that data to solve complex business problems. This is the reason why business analysts are sought after in businesses. Moreover, if the student wants to increase their decision-making power in their organization, then you have chosen the right program
You should definitely think about pursuing a Master’s in Business Analytics in Australia if you wish to have a bright future ahead. This article provides you with a complete procedure and details on how to apply to the university. However, choosing the right course and university that runs parallel to your interests is very important. For this, I’m sure you’ll be pleased to take the assistance of an AI-based tool at Leverage Edu that gives you personalized suggestions based on your skills, qualifications and interests.