Barclays Bank PLC is a major global financial services conglomerate with operations in Europe, the United States, Africa, and Asia. Barclays employs over 155,000 employees globally and services over 48 million clients. According to a 2018 analysis, Barclays is the most powerful multinational corporation in terms of ownership, and as such, it has an impact on global financial stability and market competition. You will learn more about global business at Barclays and be surrounded by people who will help you achieve your ambitions. Learn about employment opportunities at Barclays Bank in this blog.
This Blog Includes:
Barclays is an international bank with 11 locations around the state. Barclays was founded in India in 1990 and has since risen to market-leading positions. Barclays is a global banking services enterprise that provides consumers, SMEs, businesses, and high-net-worth customers with business and personal banking, retail, commercial, and investment banking.
Savings and accounts, card payments, personal and commercial loans, investment choices, the Pradhan Mantri Jandhan Yojana, and the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Yojana are among the products available. Bima Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana, and several additional programs. Foreign exchange, investment banking, transactional loans, phone banking, premier banking, brokerage, analysis and research, international banking, and internet banking are also services offered by Barclays. Retail customers, small and medium-sized businesses, and large organizations are all served by Barclays.
Also Read: Highest-Paying Myntra Careers India 2023
Top Barclays Careers in India 2023
Without a doubt, we all want well-paying work. It’s reasonable to want a job that pays what you’re worth after spending so many years in school. Your educational background, talents, and experience will also influence your compensation. Numerous chances at Barclay India provide the highest-paying employment suitable for you, whether you are a fresher, intermediate worker, or senior professional. We’ve compiled a list of the top seven Barclay Bank career possibilities in India to watch for in 2023.
|Job Positions||Average Salary|
|Assistant Vice President||₹20.0 to ₹35.6L/year|
|Project Manager||₹15.5 to ₹34.0L/year|
|Senior Software Engineer||₹12.0 to ₹27.0L/year|
|Credit Manager||₹11.2 to ₹20.0L/year|
|Software Developer||₹10.8 to ₹19.2L/year|
|Analyst||₹4.3L to ₹19.0L/year|
|HR Operations||₹4.4 to ₹5.2L/year|
|Team Leader||₹7.0L to ₹26.1L/year|
Relevant Read: Top Coca Cola Careers for Freshers in India in 2023
Barclays Careers for Freshers: Pay Range
There are several job opportunities for both freshers and experienced professionals to begin their careers at Barclays, which offers the finest Barclays pay in India for freshers in both technical and non-technical professions. The real income will be determined by factors such as the company for which you work, your location, and your level of competence.
Barclays India has job openings in cities including Chennai, Hyderabad, and Pune. The compensation at Barclays in Chennai for freshers CA ranges from 4.0 to 8.0 lakhs per year. It also depends on your educational background or qualification, as well as your ability to work on projects independently or as part of a team. At Barclays, your salary is determined by the role for which you apply. The salaries of Barclay’s IT and non-IT employees are listed below.
Barclays Careers for Freshers in IT
The wage structure of a fresher at Barclays is entirely based on the position for which you are applying. A graduate BA3 Barclay salary, for example, goes from 6 lakhs to 12 lakhs per year, including gratuity and PF contributions from both the employee and the employer, whereas a Barclays BA4 salary in India ranges from 11.6 lakhs to 22.0 lakhs per year, with an average yearly income of 16.3 lakhs. The annual income for a Barclays developer ranges from 10.8 Lakhs to 19.2 Lakhs, with an average salary of 13.9 Lakhs. The average Barclays Analyst salary in India is 11.4 Lakhs for those with less than one year to four years of experience. Graduate Analyst salaries at Barclays in India range from 8.5 to 16.0 lakhs.
Barclays Careers for Freshers in Non-IT
Graduates from all disciplines are hired by Barclays for positions such as process advisor, junior developer, operational support team, customer voice, and chat support (12th pass can also apply for this role). When new workers join Barclays, they receive the training they need to understand their positions. The annual income for operational support (BPO) at Barclays can range between 5.5 and 7.10 lakhs, and the basic Barclays newcomer salary is between 4.0 and 25.0 lakhs (depending on your job position).
Relevant Read: Highest-Paying Capgemini Careers India 2023
Barclays Careers: Eligibility Criteria
Barclay offers internships to both technical and non-technical students from a variety of backgrounds. Companies like Barclays go beyond the box when it comes to hiring non-IT and IT personnel to lead them into the future. Even if you have no prior expertise in technical abilities, you can still acquire a job with these organizations. Barclays is a large, varied organization comprised of individuals with varying backgrounds and expertise. Barclay seeks passionate and bright students from around the world.
Barclay hires undergraduate and graduate students from both IT and non-IT backgrounds for internships and full-time positions in a variety of fields, including software development engineers (SDEs), support engineers, project managers, financial analysts, analysts, personal bankers, team leaders, data scientists, software developers, and training managers and more.
Candidates must have certain educational or qualifying qualifications to apply for various job opportunities at Barclays, which are listed below.
- A minimum of 65% in the tenth and twelfth grades.
- An undergraduate/graduate/postgraduate degree in any discipline is necessary, with a minimum of 65% or 6.5 CGPA.
- For the IT profession, a B.E/BTech degree with a minimum of 65% or 6.5 CGPA is required.
Relevant Read: Highest-Paying JP Morgan India Careers
Barclays may be found anywhere! It is one of the most well-known corporations. Barclays’ innovation is one-of-a-kind and worth a trillion dollars. Barclay is rapidly expanding and shows no signs of slowing. The more Barclays grows, the more jobs it creates for its staff. If you want to work for the IT behemoth, this is your one-stop shop for learning how to get a job at Barclay or applying for a job at Barclay India: Here are various methods for applying for jobs at Barclay India:
- Apply on the official website of Barclays: You can search the company’s website for open positions and apply online. You must submit your resume and cover letter, as well as complete an online application form.
- Apply through other job Boards: Barclays routinely offers job positions on job boards like Naukri.com and LinkedIn. So you may submit your résumé, and if everything goes well, you’ll be contacted by their HR department.
- Third-party providers: Third-party partners such as Kelly Services have collaborated with the bank to meet the employment need. So you may inquire with them to see if there is a requirement.
- Check your references: Another great way to get a job is through referrals. You can send your resume to someone who already works there if you know who they are. After being submitted to the HR site, your experience and qualifications will be matched to the job criteria; if there is a match, you will be contacted directly by them.
- Recruiters: Use LinkedIn to contact recruiters in your desired department. Remaining active on LinkedIn is advised for Barclay recruiters, and some of them may even help you prepare for the interview process!
Relevant Read: Highest-Paying Amul Careers India 2023
An online assessment exam, a technical round with technical questions, and an HR interview, which is the most typical round in a company’s hiring and selection process, are all regular components of Barclay interviews. The three rounds of firm recruiting are detailed here.
- Online Test: If your application is accepted, you will be invited to complete a series of online examinations or a phone interview. The Barclays online assessment takes up to 60-90 minutes to complete and includes aptitude tests and questions on your ability to obtain appropriate conclusions from graphs and tables using simple calculations.
- Technical Interview: A technical interview evaluates a candidate’s subject expertise and job knowledge. The technical interview could run up to 60 minutes. The technical round at Barclay is meticulously designed to discover how well you fit with Barclay’s principles and working processes, as well as whether you have what it takes to succeed in the role.
- HR Round: Following the technical test, you will be invited to an HR Interview Round. The interview will last an hour, and one person will ask the questions while another takes notes. They will contact you within two business days to let you know if you passed or not.
Here are some questions that you can expect in your interview with Barclays. Prepare these questions beforehand to ace your personal interview. However, these are just some of the general questions and it’s not mandatory that you’ll get only these questions.
- Tell me (us) about Yourself.
- What are your Weaknesses?
- What is Your Greatest Strength?
- Why do you want to work at Barclays or Why Barclays?
- Who are Barclays’ competitors?
- Why you or Why should we hire you?
- How many core values do we have and what are they?
- Why Did You Leave Your Last Job?
- Where Do You See Yourself in Five Years?
- Tell me about a time you managed to persuade someone to take your point of view
- How Would You Approach a Task you’ve never done before?
- What Would You Do If You and a Co-Worker Disagreed?
Relevant Read: Top UnitedHealth Group Careers India 2023: Job Profiles, Salary & How to Apply
Ans. A Director of Finance at Barclays earns the highest compensation of 99.2 Lakhs per year. The top 10% of employees earn more than 30,000 rupees each year.
Ans. It is an excellent workplace with numerous learning opportunities. The workplace culture is positive. You can surely move up the ladder if you are a hard worker.
Ans. The minimum salary for a Process Advisor is 4.2 lakhs per year, the minimum salary for a Senior Analyst is 7.7 lakhs per year, and so on.
This was all about the Barclays Careers in India in 2023. If you wish to know more about careers in India, subscribe to Leverage Edu and if you’re planning to study abroad you can connect with our experts at 1800 57 2000 and book your 30-minute free consultation.