Uniquely combining managerial acumen and specialized interior design knowledge, management-oriented designing degrees pave the way for individuals to work in industries ranging from consultancies to environment-related organizations working on sustainability. A Master of Business Administration or MBA in Interior Designing focuses on growth in aspects like business management, marketing and finance, interior architecture, its effects on behaviour and society, and so forth. Read on to know more about what the postgraduation program entails, similar courses offered by universities worldwide, and the application process.
Check Out: Diploma in Interior Designing
This Blog Includes:
- MBA in Interior Designing: Course Highlights
- Why You Should Pursue MBA in Interior Designing Degree?
- Course Types
- MBA in Interior Designing Distance Learning
- MBA in Interior Designing Eligibility
- Entrance Exam for MBA in Interior Designing
- MBA in Interior Designing: Subjects
- MBA in Interior Designing Abroad
- MBA in Interior Designing Colleges
- Distance MBA in Interior Designing
- MBA in Interior Designing Scope
- Top Recruiting Companies
- Skills Set
- More Courses To Consider
MBA in Interior Designing: Course Highlights
Before delving deeper into the specifics of an MBA in Interior Designing, let’s first take a look at the key highlights of this master’s degree program.
|Eligibility||Graduation from a recognised academic institution|
(Differs as per the program &
|Executive MBA in Interior Design: 1 year – 18 months
Regular MBA: 1-2 years
|Exam Type||Semester System|
|Top Employment Sectors||Hotels, Home Decor, Fashion Houses, Event
Companies, Private Organisations
|Variants||MA(ECA)- Interior Design; MFA in Interior Design;
MSc Design, Interior Design
|Top Universities Abroad||University of Edinburgh, UK;
University of Florida, USA;
Bath Spa University, UK;
University of South Australia, Australia
|Top Design Colleges in India||Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore;
International Institute of Fashion and Arts, Agra;
International School of Design, Noida
Related Read: Career in House Design
Why You Should Pursue MBA in Interior Designing Degree?
There are various reasons why pursuing MBA in interior designing course will prove beneficial for your career. Apart from getting in-depth knowledge regarding the management, business, and interior structure, you will also get to know more bout architecture.
The popularity and demand for experienced and qualified interior designers are increasing rapidly in the world, thanks to the demand in the housing market. Here are a couple of benefits you can reap when you choose to study MBA in interior designing degree:
- The students as well as candidates will be able to go through a wide range of design disciplines as well as rt which will help them become successful and well-established interior designers.
- This specific course will allow the students to know more about the elements of the architect and the function of the interior space.
- Students will be able to develop good coordination and effective communication skills that will help them stay motivated.
- The students will receive the essential technical knowledge as well as the skills that will help them achieve success.
Generally, MBA degrees vary highly in length depending on the nature and objectives of the course. This includes executive MBA degrees which run for around 1 year to 18 months and the longer-length regular MBA programs which generally run for a period of 1 year to 24 months and even more. Students can also choose to do an International or a Global MBA which provides an opportunity to study in multiple study-abroad destinations. Further, the dual degree programs are an interesting pathway for those looking to gain multidisciplinary knowledge in different specializations.
Related Article: Top Architecture Courses
MBA in Interior Designing Distance Learning
Here are some of the best MBA In Interior Designing Distance learning courses for you:
|MBA in Interior Designing Management||Indian Management School & Research Centre||INR 35,000/-|
MBA in Interior Designing Eligibility
In order to apply for this postgraduate course, the candidates must fulfil certain prerequisites specified by the university they have chosen. Below, we have enlisted some of the key eligibility requirements you must keep in mind while opting for an MBA in Interior Designing:
- The applicant must have completed their bachelor’s degree in any domain, be it Science, Commerce or Arts, from a recognised academic institution (with a minimum percentage specified by the university).
- Certain universities also have their entrance exams such as AIEED, NIFT, NID, etc. that you must appear especially if you are applying for this course at an Indian institute.
- If you are aiming to study this degree abroad, then you must provide language proficiency test scores such as IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, etc. Further, you must also prepare a Statement of Purpose (SOP) as well as Letters of Recommendation (LORs) for your application.
Planning to appear for IELTS?
Click Here to Book A Free Online Demo Session with Our Experts!
Know All About NIFT Courses!
Entrance Exam for MBA in Interior Designing
There is no common entrance exam for MBA in interior design. Applicants have to appear for multiple entrance exams conducted by respective universities or any other authority. Students that are planning to study abroad have to appear for GMAT/GRE along with English proficiency exams such as IELTS, PTE, TOEFL, etc. Some of the popular entrance exams for an MBA in interior design in India include:
MBA in Interior Designing: Subjects
When it comes to the study curriculum of the MBA in Interior Designing, it draws inspiration from fields like business, management, interior design as well as architecture. Universities also aim to make students well-versed in computer-related technologies like CAD and Adobe Tools along with teaching them the fundamentals of digital marketing, communication skills, entrepreneurship, etc. Glance over the following list to have an idea of subjects you can expect in an MBA in Interior Designing course:
- Architecture Interiors
- Colour Theory and Practice
- Interior Lighting
- Interior Environmental Technology
- Business and Professional Practices for Interior Designing
- Methods of Interior Design Research
- Design Field Experience
- Digital Marketing
- Project Management
- Public Relations
- Financial Management
- International Business
In addition to class-method teaching, Interior Design courses also involve projects, practical training, internships and training as well as workshops, case studies and semester abroad components.
Note: This is only an indicative list. Prospective applicants are advised to peruse actual course offerings as it may vary.
MBA in Interior Designing Abroad
In addition to the MBA in Interior Designing, Interior Design colleges across the globe offer diverse types of degree options such as an MS in Sustainable Design or master’s course with a focus on merchandising or luxury management. Moreover, these courses also provide several concentrations and electives so as to give flexibility. Tabulated below is a list of some of the major universities offering variants of courses:
|Name of University||Location||MBA in Interior Designing
|University of South
|Australia||Master of Design (Interior
|Istituto Europeo di Design||Italy||MA in Interior Design for
|UK||MA(ECA)- Interior Design|
|University of Texas
|USA||MSc in Urban Design
Master of Interior Design-First
MSc in Sustainable Design
|Paris College of Art||France||MA in Interior Design|
|USA||MFA in Interior Design|
|Arizona State University||USA||MSc in Design-Interior Design|
|University of Florida||USA||Master of Interior Design|
|Colorado State University||USA||Master of Science in Design &
Merchandising- Interior Design
|Middlesex University||UK||MA Interiors
(Architecture & Design)
|University of Portsmouth||UK||Master of Interior Design
MBA in Interior Designing Colleges
Other than these, if you are aiming to study MBA in India, here are the prominent interior design colleges and institutes that you must consider:
- Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore
- International Institute of Fashion and Arts, Agra
- International School of Design, Noida
- Pacific Institute of Fashion Technology, Udaipur
- D. Newage School of Design, New Delhi
- Maxx Academy, New Delhi
- Panache International School of Designing, Mumbai
- International School of Fashion & Technology, New Delhi
- National Institute of Fashion and Events, Jabalpur
- Pinnacle Institute of Fashion Technology, Ludhiana
- Jasoda Devi College, Jaipur
- Institute of Innovative Design & Technology, Agra
- Noyal College of International Design, Kochi
You may also be interested in: Master of Design
Distance MBA in Interior Designing
What is the newest trend in the field of education? Online or distance education courses have become popular now. It gives the ability to study from the comfort of home or office without moving geographically. Here are some of the popular distance learning or online universities:
- STAR Studium ArchitecturAe Florence Design School, Italy
- ESDESIGN – Escuela Superior de Diseño de Barcelona, Spain
- Academy of Art University, USA
- CEI Escuela de Diseño y Marketing, Spain
MBA in Interior Designing Scope
There is immense scope in the domain of interior designing, especially in contemporary times where fast-paced urbanized environments are being constructed. Some of the major employment areas for those interested in making a career in Interior Designing include:
- Residential Interior Design
- Lighting Interior Design
- Commercial Interior Design
- Exhibition Interior Design
Moreover, MBA in Interior Designing graduates has a plethora of options to consider from a range of job profiles, enterprises and industries. A few of the popular ones have been mentioned below:
- Interior Designer
- Exhibition Designer
- Visual Merchandiser
- Furniture Designer
- Space Planner
- Interior Coordinator
- Product Designer
- Textile Designer
- Design Consultant
Top Recruiting Companies
There is an immense scope after MBA in interior designing. Applicants can start up their own companies or work anywhere around the world. Here is the list of top recruiting companies hiring MBA in interior designing students:
Now that you are aware of the various career growth opportunities and popular job profiles. Here is the salary structure of popular job profiles:
|Job Profiles||Salary per annum (in INR)|
What are the things that make you the perfect candidate for MBA in interior designing? Here are some skills that aspirants will possess aiming to build a career in the field of interior designing:
- Effective client relationship
- Quick decision making
- Ability to multitask
- Out-of-the-box creativity
More Courses To Consider
Owing to the multidisciplinary nature of interior designing which touches fields of Arts, Communication, Architecture, Fashion and a host of other disciplines, there are several course options which you can explore related to MBA in Interior Designing:
- Diploma in Fashion Designing
- Diploma in Architecture
- Bachelor of Architecture
- BSc Visual Communication
- BSc Fashion Designing
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Master of Design
- MBA in Fashion Designing
- Master of Fine Arts
Panache International School of Designing is the most popular school for MBA in interior designing
Yes, students can opt for MBA in interior designing degree after completing BCom
It includes subjects like design field experience, digital marketing, project management and public relations.
NID, DAT, and AIEED are the popular entrance exam for interior design courses.
Thus, pursuing an MBA in Interior Designing opens the door to an array of career opportunities. If you are planning to study this degree program or any other related course but are not sure about the application process, then you can consult the experts at Leverage Edu through a 30-minute free career counselling session and take a step towards building a vibrant career. You can also reach us by calling on 1800-57-2000.