The University of Melbourne and the business community jointly own Melbourne Business School, which is ranked #1 in Australia by The Economist 2021. MBS is home to two centres: the Centre for Business Analytics and the Centre for Sustainability and Business. MBS is well-known in Australia for its MBA program, along with a business analytics degree, as well as short courses for students and specialised solutions for corporations. It also offers a variety of additional postgraduate degrees in management, economics, finance, and entrepreneurship as Australia’s leading source of business education and insight. In this article, we are embracing all about Melbourne Business School which provides students with the skills and experience they need to make a positive difference in the profession and in the world.
|Popular Programs||MBA, Masters in Business Analytics and Short Courses, Doctoral Degrees|
|Exams Required||GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS|
|Mode of Study||Full Time, Part Time, Online, Executive, Senior Executive|
|Intake||Fall & Spring|
|Cost of Attendance||55,000 – 89,500 AUD (INR 29 Lakh – 47.86 Lakh)|
|Application Portal||Online Application|
|Application Fee||100 AUD|
This Blog Includes:
- Melbourne Business School Rankings
- Melbourne Business School Campus
- Top Programs Offered by Melbourne Business School
- Melbourne Business School Admission Requirements
- International Application Deadlines
- How to Apply
- Cost of Attendance
- Visa Process for International Students
- Notable Alumni
Melbourne Business School Rankings
Melbourne Business School is well-known around the world for providing the top MBA and associated programmes. Top agency rankings for MBS include:
|World University Rankings – Master in Business Analytics by THE 2021||#20|
|EMBA Rankings – Asia Pacific by QS World Rankings 2021||#8|
|QS Rankings EMBA Rankings – Global 2021||#34|
|Global MBA by Financial Times 2021||#87|
|Shanghai Ranking – Academic Rankings of World Universities||#35|
|“Which MBA”? By The Economist||#24|
Melbourne Business School Campus
MBS has three campuses: Melbourne, Sydney, Malaysia. Its main campus is located in the Melbourne suburb of Carlton.
- It has two research centres, namely the Centre for Business Analytics and the Centre for Sustainability and Business.
- MBS is home to over 200 student clubs and associations.
Top Programs Offered by Melbourne Business School
MBA, International Business, Business Analytics, and Management, as well as eight doctorate research degrees, are among the most popular Melbourne Business School courses. Below are the MBA program specializations offered by Melbourne Business School.
- Data Analysis
- Managerial Ethics and the Business Environment
- Managerial Economics
- Operations & Business Strategy
Melbourne Business School Admission Requirements
MBS offers a full-time MBA programme as well as other business-related courses that are internationally renowned. You can visit the online application portal of the MBS and pay the application fee of 100 AUD and proceed further. Below is the list of documents to be submitted along with the application.
Also Read: MBA in Melbourne
- Recognized bachelor degree or equivalent
- Candidates are also required to submit the scores of entrance examination, including:
- GMAT/GRE: 750+
- IELTS: 7.0
- TOEFL: 102
After fulfilling the admission requirements, students must attach the following supporting documents:
- Two Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Research Proposal (for graduate research students)
- Work experience (if any/required)
- Copy of Passport
- Proof of financial statements/bank statements
- Health Certificate
International Application Deadlines
International applications must be submitted by:
- 31st October for Semester One (February) entry
- 30th April for Semester Two (July) entry
Note: Last applications may be accepted but however, it is advised to apply as early as possible to avoid visa delays.
Also Read: Study in Melbourne
How to Apply
Step 1: Entry Requirements: Visit the official website of Melbourne Business School and check the minimum entry requirements for the course for which you want to apply.
Step 2: Applying: To apply online students will need the following:
- Complete application form
- Record of your undergraduate grades or scores.
- A statement of intent
- GMAT/GRE score if required by any program
- TOEFL/IELTS score if you are not from the English speaking country
Step 3: Supply Documentation: Submit all the original documents or certified copies of all qualifications:
- Academic transcripts
- If the documents you are providing are not in English, a certified translation is needed.
- All the scanned copies of documents
- Also, MBS require hard copies of certified documents to be mailed to them before an unconditional offer letter is issued.
Cost of Attendance
Before enrolling at the university, international students must prepare their finances, which include tuition, housing rent, and other living expenditures.
|Particulars||Estimated Amount (Per Annum) (in AUD)|
|Tuition Fees||55,000 – 89,500 (INR 29 Lakh- 47.8 Lakh)|
|Accomodation||19,000 – 38,000 (INR 10 Lakh – 20.3 Lakh)|
|Health Insurance||1,330 (INR 71,066)|
|Food and Groceries||4,160 – 7,800 (INR 2.2 Lakh – 4.16 Lakh)|
|Bills||50 – 100 (INR 2,670 – 5,340)|
|Miscellaneous||1,000 (INR 53,408)|
Visa Process for International Students
- After approving the application, MBS sends the student a Certificate of Enrollment (CoE) by delivery services or email.
- Students can apply for an Australian student visa via official government-run web addresses after getting an enrolment form.
- To apply for a visa, students must first create an account on the Australian Immigration website.
- Following are the documents required by the Australian Embassy:
- Valid Passport
- OSHC Health Insurance
- Original Certificate of Enrollment
- Proof of Temporary Stay
Melbourne Business School has a global alumni network of approximately 10,000 people. The following are some of the advantages for alumni:
- Advancement in your career is beneficial.
- Public memberships at the university libraries are discounted.
- Access to the university’s journal services on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The Confucius Institute offers a 10% discount on courses.
- Melbourne Dental Clinic offers a 5% discount on the total price.
Some of the well-known people associated with the Melbourne Business School are:
- John Elliott – Australian Businessman
- Ahmed Fahour – MD of Latitude Financial Services
- Bill Shorten – Member of the Australian Parliament
- Damien Gance – Director of Chemist Warehouse
- Helen Kapalos – Australian Journalist
The Melbourne Business School (MBS) is the University of Melbourne’s business and economics graduate school. We are a top provider of management education in the Asia Pacific region, having been established in 1963.
The highly-rated Executive MBA (EMBA) programme at Melbourne Business School is the only Australian representative on the FT (Financial Times) annual ranking of the world’s top 100 programmes. MBS was ranked 69th on the list this year, down from 58th the year before.
In the 2021 QS, World University Rankings by Subject, the University of Melbourne is placed first in Australia and 26th internationally for business and management.
All applicants to the Master of Business Administration programme must take the GMAT (MBA). For admission to all doctoral programmes, the GMAT or GRE is needed.
Melbourne Business School is a public company with limited liability that is jointly owned by businesses (55%) and the University of Melbourne (45%). (45 per cent). We’re administered as a not-for-profit by the University’s graduate school of business and economics to give Australia’s greatest business education experience.
Are you interested in pursuing an MBA at Melbourne Business School? Connect with our experts at Leverage Edu and we will help you throughout the process from your selecting the course to Visa. So, what are you waiting for? Book your FREE Counselling session now or simply call us at 1800 57 2000.