Have you ever thought of being a green card holder in Australia? It is certainly a smaller continent with 26 million of the population, highly urbanised. It is the 14th largest economically developed country in the world with a high quality of life, educational system, economic freedom, civil liberties and political rights. So, the opportunity to study in Australia would be a dream for a lot of Indian students and enjoy a lavish life. Besides, those looking to immigrate to this country would require Australia Skilled Immigration Points. This blog will thoroughly inform you about Australia PR Points System.
This Blog Includes:
- Understanding the Australia PR Points System
- Things to Keep in Mind
- Australia PR Points List
- Maximum Points for Age: 30
- Maximum Points for English Language Ability: 20
- Employment Outside Australia Maximum Points: 15
- Employment in Australia Maximum Points: 20
- Education Maximum Points: 20
- Maximum Australian Study Requirement Points: 5
- Niche Skills Education Maximum Points: 5
- Maximum Spouse Skills Points: 5
- Other Australia PR Points: 15
- What about Employment Sponsorship in Australia PR Points?
- Police Clearance Certificates
Understanding the Australia PR Points System
If you want to be part of Australia as a proud citizen, you need to follow all the important parameters and criteria which can make you a green card holder of the country. If you are looking for skilled migration, better assistance in visa service to the country, enjoy its jobs, better educational infrastructure and other facilities, you necessarily have to follow Australia PR Points. This system is point-based with applicants receiving points based on age, work experience, English-language proficiency, etc.
Want to get admission to your dream university abroad? Then, Register Here!
Things to Keep in Mind
- You should note that, based on the latest draw it is easier to get an Australian PR with 90+ points.
- If you want to get Australian residency in a year, you need to have a masters degree under your belt with good English scoring and work experience which meets Australia’s skills list.
- It is important to mention that in order to apply for Australia PR skill, you should have 189 or 190 points. And for, state-sponsored visa 65 points were required for the year 2020-2021.
- In order to have a permanent Australian residency, the below-mentioned immigration points based on ANZSCO codes will inform you about the points you need to acquire. Also, the chance of invitation may vary by every job code and its corresponding points.
Australia PR Points List
Most skilled visas for immigration to Australia require applicants to score a minimum number of points on the Australia PR Points System. Let us understand the different criteria according to which the points are awarded:
Maximum Points for Age: 30
|Age at Time of Application||Points|
Maximum Points for English Language Ability: 20
|TOEFL iBT||L-12, R-13,
NOTE: It is important to mention that the score has to be earned in Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing separately.
Employment Outside Australia Maximum Points: 15
Following the points for overseas employment in nominated skilled occupation or a closely related occupation:
|Skilled employment in last 10 yrs counting back from today
|Less than 3 years||0|
Employment in Australia Maximum Points: 20
Following the points for Australian employment in nominated skilled occupation or a closely-related profession:
|Skilled employment in last 10 yrs counting back from today
|Less than 1 year||0|
Education Maximum Points: 20
|A Doctorate degree from an Australian educational institution or any educational institution that is of a recognized standard (can be outside Australia)||20|
|A Bachelor (or Masters) degree from an Australian educational institution or any educational institution that is of a recognized standard (can be outside Australia)||15|
|A diploma or trade qualification completed in Australia||10|
|An award or qualification recognized by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation||10|
Maximum Australian Study Requirement Points: 5
|Australian Study Requirement||Points|
|At least one degree, diploma or trade qualification from an Australian educational institution which can meet Australian study requirement||5|
Niche Skills Education Maximum Points: 5
|Specialist Education Qualification||Points|
|A Master’s degree by research or a Doctorate degree from an Australian educational institution which includes at least 2 academic years in a relevant field.||5|
Maximum Spouse Skills Points: 5
|Spouse is an Australian Citizen or PR holder||10|
|Spouse who has positive skill assessment, job code is in the same occupation list as primary, competent English and is less than 45 yrs old||10|
|Spouse who has no skill assessment but competent enough in the English language||5|
Other Australia PR Points: 15[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
|Other||No of Points|
|Accredited in community language (e.g. NAATI test)||5|
|Study in regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan area that meets the Australian study requirement||5|
|Professional year in Australia (e.g. Professional training like ACSP Year program)||5|
|State Nomination (190 visa)||5|
What about Employment Sponsorship in Australia PR Points?
Employer sponsorship is an optional choice in Australia where you can directly apply for the permanent residency. And, if you have an eligible points, you will have a PR and will be selected even before you are moving to Australia. Candidates who have acquired more than 65 points can get the invitation to apply faster. Once you’ve applied, you can expect to achieve the PR within the next 5-8 months. Also, for 189 and 190 PR visa, you don’t need to have any points for employer or family sponsorship. If you are currently working in the space of the US, you want to switch the country because of the tiring system for long waiting for a green card.
Police Clearance Certificates
- If you are above 18, you need to have a police clearance certificate in order to get the Australian permanent residency, especially for those who are part of the PR application system and from all the countries you lived for past 10 years.
- For an Indian citizen, it is prerequisite that you get your clearance certificate from Indian police certificate from the Indian embassy. You will be able to get a PCC from Indian passport office.
- You necessarily need to acquire your clearance certificate from the FBI clearance certificate department if you are living in the US or lived before.
- For citizens living in Texas for more than 4 months have to get their clearance certificate from criminal history record along with a complete FBI report.
Well, it is a fact that every individual wants to enjoy their lavish life in developed countries like Australia and become its permanent citizens. Everyone wants to enjoy better educational infrastructure, excellent healthcare, political freedom, and other developmental activities. But achieving this desire is an absolutely tough job as it takes years to cherish, but there is a ray of hope to see your dreams come true. Now Australia PR Points System will check your eligibility and make you a green card holder of the country. Book your 30 minutes of free counselling with Leverage Edu, your one-stop solution to clear your apprehensions. We have a dedicated team of experts who will assist you with letters and spirit.