Have you ever noticed how, unlike a train station, the airport is immaculately organised? The efforts of a team of aviation management specialists, experts, and ground workers who coordinate, manage and maintain everything at the airport and within the aircraft make this possible. Aviation management is a discipline that studies airlines, airports, and other businesses in the aviation industry. Since the industry provides a variety of work opportunities, Aviation Management courses have grown in popularity, with a growing number of students enrolling in such programs. The MBA in Aviation Management is one of them. In this blog, we will shed light on the important details pertaining to this post-graduation program.
This Blog Includes:
- MBA in Aviation Management: Brief Overview
- Universities Abroad Offering MBA Aviation Management
- Indian Colleges Offering MBA in Aviation Management
- MBA in Aviation Management Subjects
- MBA in Aviation Management: Career Prospects
MBA in Aviation Management: Brief Overview
|Course Name||MBA in Aviation Management|
|Tests Accepted||GMAT/NMAT/CAT/CMAT/MAT/XAT/MHCET/UPES Entrance Test/Jain University Entrance Test and others|
|Eligibility||Graduation with at least 50% of marks|
|Expected fee||Anywhere around Rs 3,00,000- Rs 11,00,000 in India and even more if pursued abroad|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 50,000- 1,00,000 per month|
|Top recruiting companies||National Transportation Safety Board, Federal Aviation Administration, Amazon Logistics Division, DRDO, Air Force, FedEx Corporation, Flight Safety International Inc., Birmingham Airport Authority, International and National Airlines, international and National Airports/Airport Authorities, etc.|
Universities Abroad Offering MBA Aviation Management
With the increase in demand for professionals who are well versed with both the needs of the Aviation industry and Management course, a number of business schools around the world now offer MBA in Aviation Management. Listed below are some of the top schools offering the postgraduation degree program:
|Universities||Location||Avaerage Tuition fee of the course|
|Middlesex University||UK||GBP 13,750 (INR 1410543)|
|Emirates Aviation Academy||UAE||AED 309,950 (INR 6306951)|
|Civil Aviation University of China||China||CNY 12,000 (INR 136866)|
|AUS – American University in Switzerland||Switzerland||CHF 21,625 (INR 1745308)|
|Toulouse Business School||France||EUR 30,000 (INR 2664450)|
|Embry Riddle Aeronautical University||USA||USD 20,192 (INR 1509308)|
|Brunel University London||UK||GBP 22,880 (INR 2347144)|
|Singapore Aviation Academy||Singapore||SGD 33,264 (1853940)|
|Swinburne University of Technology||Australia||AUD 30,960 (INR 17,30,695)|
|IU International University of Applied Sciences||Germany||EUR 14,190 (INR 1260284)|
|Griffith University||Australia||AUD 30,000 (INR 1709758)|
|Lynn University||USA||USD 27,000 (INR 2018191)|
|University of New South Wales – Sydney||Australia||AUD 39,600 (INR 2256881)|
|University of Southern Queensland||Australia||AUD 27,040 (INR 1541062)|
|Universiti Teknologi Malaysia||Malaysia||RM 31,804 (INR 574866)|
Brunel University, London
The comprehensive MBA in Aviation Management course offered by the university equips the students with the basics of areas like engineering, logistics, catering, cargo, energy, safety, security, IT, etc. With a minimum IELTS score of 6.5, you can seek admission to the university in this course. The average fee for the degree program at Brunel University London is 18.2 Lakh per year which you can pay in two installments after the admission. Here is the list of some of the topics which are taught at the university under the master’s course:
- Managing for the Future
- Airline Management, Economics, and Ethics
- Healthcare Policy
- Information Systems in Organisations
- Managing Service Operations and Change in Healthcare
- Airport Operations Management
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Established in the year 1978, ERAU is counted amongst the top Aeronautical universities in the world. The MBA program at the university has been designed to give students an industry-standard training in Aviation Management and also allows to choose a specialization subject based on interests of the candidates. Some of the popular specialization courses offered are:
- Airport Management
- Airline Management
- Aviation System Management
- Supply Chain Management courses
Among the top universities in the US, Lynn University offers an MBA in Aviation Management program both in offline and online modes. The program trains and equips students with skills related to Aircrew Training, Ground Personnel, and Air Industry Management. Some of the major topics covered under this postgraduate program are Aviation Organization Operation, Airport Operations, and Aviation Management.
IUBH University of Applied Sciences
Established in the year 1998, IUBH is among the top universities in Germany which is revered for its practical oriented courses. It offers a dynamic MBA in Aviation Management program which runs for over three years and is taught in the English language. The course can be pursued at any of the two German campuses which are located in Bad Honnef and Berlin.
Toulouse Business School
The Toulouse Chamber of Commerce and Industry established the Toulouse Business School in 1903. The school’s initial mission was to meet the need for capable business managers in the local community. TBS has three accreditations: AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA. However, for seasoned managers looking to improve their international management competencies and leadership in aerospace, the full time Aerospace MBA provides a world-class education in an efficient and convenient manner.
Singapore Aviation Academy
The Singapore Aviation Academy’s two-year Master of Business Administration in Aviation (MBAA) program will give you the solid base you need to succeed in today’s aviation world. Designed to emphasize the implementation of modern management principles, practices, and tools within an aviation context, you will have access to all of the resources that an MBAA student will have, with the added competitive advantage of becoming an aviation expert.
Like any other MBA program, the MBA in Aviation Management also needs candidates who hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized college and have at least 2-3 years of work experience. To examine your language competency in English, universities also require a valid language proficiency test score like that of IELTS, TOEFL or PTE. Further, you will be required to appear for aptitude tests like GMAT or GRE and clear the minimum percentile criteria to secure admission into your dream university.
Indian Colleges Offering MBA in Aviation Management
Apart from the academic institutes abroad, there are scores of universities offering MBA in Aviation Management in India. Some of them have been given a rundown below:
|Universities/ Colleges||Location||Total Fees in INR of the program|
|University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES)||Dehradun||INR 13-16 Lakhs|
|Jain University||Bangalore||INR 6-10 Lakhs|
|Hindustan Institute Of Technology And Science||Chennai||INR 5-10 Lakhs|
|Galgotias University||Noida||INR 3-5 Lakhs|
|Dr. D.Y Patil University||Navi Mumbai||INR 8-10 Lakhs|
|Aj Aviation Academy||Bangalore||INR 2-5 Lakhs|
|Hindustan Business School||Bangalore||INR 3-5 Lakhs|
|Institute of Logistics and Aviation Management (ILAM)||Mumbai||INR 5-8 Lakhs|
|Jaipur National University||Jaipur||INR 5-8 Lakhs|
MBA in Aviation Management Subjects
Covering various facets of both Management and Business, you will study a wide range of core and elective modules to develop a strong understanding of the field. Here are some of the subjects that form an integral part of the MBA in Aviation Management course:
- Aviation Law
- Airline Finance and Economics
- Economic Analysis for Business Decisions
- Aviation Safety Management and Accident Investigations
- Airline Marketing Management
- Corporate Communication
- Airline Operation and Schedule Management
- Airline and Airport management
- Total Quality Management
- Business Research Methodologies
- Aviation Organization Operation
- Managerial Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Data Analytics for Business Decisions
- Entrepreneurship Development
- International Business Management
- Airline Finance
- Airline ground operations
- Airline Charter
- Airport planning
- Communication Skills and Business Correspondence
- Strategic Management
- Research Methods in Business
- Project works
MBA in Aviation Management: Career Prospects
An MBA in Aviation Management graduate can work in an array of areas in the Aerospace industry with lucrative salaries. From working for top national and international airlines like British Airways, Qatar, Etihad, etc to working with the Regulatory Authorities, this degree program opens the door to a wide range of career opportunities. Listed below are some of the popular profiles in this field:
- Aviation Operations Specialist/Manager: This position’s manager ensures a safe takeoff and the arrival of all planes at a specific airport. It normally serves as a conduit between the ATC and local support personnel.
- Human Resource Manager: This type of professional has prior experience working with aviation faculty and resolving employee problems. Personnel working in this area must be capable of dealing with aviation-related challenges.
- Cargo Supervisor: They are in charge of supervising and coordinating the ground crew’s activities in loading, unloading, and protecting the aircraft cargo or luggage.
- Professor/Faculty: Graduates with a degree in aviation management may also serve as aviation professors. These individuals interact with flight schools. Those who want to learn and teach aviation will choose this profession as a way to pass on their knowledge to future generations.
- Systems operations manager: They are primarily in charge of dispatching and planning aircraft missions.
- Security Supervisor: They conduct a thorough screening of all passengers to ensure their safety.
- Air Traffic Controllers: This role is critical to the airport’s overall success. Individuals in these roles should be creating flight schedules for up and down flights. They’ll be announcing the arrival and then set off.
- Airport manager: Any working process in Airlines is supervised by the manager. The manager must oversee each and every project, ensuring that they are running smoothly.
- Aeroplane/Aircraft maintenance manager: Concerns itself with the servicing, repair, and general maintenance of aircraft and aircraft engines in order to ensure that they are fully safe to fly and comply with FAA regulations.
Other Job Profiles/Roles are as follows:
- Market Research Analyst
- Supply and Logistics Manager
- Resource Manager
- Operations Analyst
- Flight dispatcher
- Flight planner
- Purchasing manager
- Emergency planner
- Airline ground operations
- Aviation safety authorities
MBA in aviation management professionals work for a variety of national and foreign airline firms, and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) lists over 247 airlines that deliver a wide range of job opportunities for graduates in the airline industry.
Aviation managers oversee the smooth operation of our airports and are active in all aspects of the industry, defence, and legal matters. Their annual salaries range from $131,459 to $200,330, with a median of $158,686. Air traffic controllers work in a high-stress environment.
An aviation management degree is one of the best choices open to an applicant who wants to be an airline manager, airport manager, or air commerce specialist. An aviation management degree prepares students for careers in airline and airport management by providing them with both technical and managerial skills.
Yes, an MBA in aviation is possible. If you have a minimum of 50% in your 10th and 12th grades, as well as a minimum of 50% in your graduation, an MBA in aviation management is a course you can consider.
Marketing, finance, international business, human resources, operations management, information systems, aviation and hospitality, and supply chain management are only a few of the MBA specialization in high demand. This illustrates the growing importance of the interdisciplinary model in industry and business.
Hopefully, with this blog, you are now familiar with the details regarding MBA in Aviation Management. Even though a number of universities offer this degree program, but persuing the course at the right business school can give wings to your career. Thus, if you want to study this course but are not sure about how to get started with it then the experts at Leverage Edu will assist you in finding the university using the AI-enabled tool.