While planning to pursue higher studies abroad, a question that often comes to mind is which health insurance plan to opt for. Health insurance plans are an integral part of the application process to study abroad. Students enrolling for higher studies abroad must make it a point to opt for a good health insurance plan that suits them. This blog enlists some of the best health insurance plans for studying abroad.
Also Read: Best Way to Use Credit Cards for College Students
This Blog Includes:
How to Choose the Correct Health Insurance Plan?
While opting for a health insurance policy is a must, students must also know how to opt for the correct health insurance plan. Listed below are a few pointers that students must keep in mind while deciding on a health insurance plan.
- Find the Best Options: The factors that must be considered while choosing a health insurance plan are – location of study, minimum payable amount etc. The student must be aware of what they are looking for in an insurance policy before applying for one.
- Looking for Policies: Once a student has identified what they need they must look for those determined qualities in plans online. The policy plans can also be figured out by meeting with a professional who deals in these aspects.
- Getting to Know the Policies: Before choosing any health insurance plan that has the predetermined qualitie a student is looking for, the student must make sure to analyse the depths of the policy plan. For instance – the amount one will have to pay, the tenure etc.
- Finalizing the Best Plan: After going over all the possible insurance policies, the student must pick the policy plan best suited for them, which includes all their requirements. The student will be considered eligible for most policies if they are 16 to 35 years old.
Also Read: Difference between Credit Card and Debit Card
How to Apply for a Health Insurance Plan?
Once a student has finalized their health insurance plan, they must know how to go about the application process. The application process for Health Insurance Plan is mentioned below –
- Students have to apply for the policy by providing the necessary details required by the company.
- The insurance company might ask for the details of previous insurance policies and if so the students must provide the same to the company.
- Students can apply online for more ease.
- Once the company has approved and verified all the details submitted by students, it will issue a proposal. When the students accept the proposal , they get the health insurance plan of their choice.
Must Read: How to Manage Money While Studying Abroad?
Health Insurance Plans for Studying Abroad
Here are some of the renowned and most availed for health insurance plan options available for students –
Future Generali Student Suraksha Insurance
The plan offers the following –
- Medical expenses including evacuation and repatriation
- Personal Death, Accidental Death or injury cover
- Dental Pain relief
- In addition to these, it also reimburses tuition fees if students are hospitalized for too long
- Covers events of suicide, passport loss, loss of laptop, and loss of check-in baggage
Care Health Student Explore Plan
The plan offers the following –
- Medical expenses and the repatriation of mortal remains
- Also covers accidental death, permanent total and permanent partial disability
- Covers loss of passport, loss of baggage and compassionate visit
HDFC Ergo Student Suraksha Plan
This plan is offered by HDFC in 5 variants – Standard, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum. Here are its key features:
- Medical expenses incurred during emergencies including evacuation and repatriation
- Covers accidental death or permanent total disability
- Covers loss of baggage and loss of passport
Also Read Money Management Tips That You Can’t-Miss!
So, this was all about health insurance plans for studying abroad. We hope you’re now familiarized with the best health insurance plans and how to go about the application process. If you wish to pursue higher studies abroad and need help and guidance on the same, reach out to us at Leverage Edu!