Perth is known as an educational city in Australia. It is the state capital of Western Australia, is regarded as the world’s fourth “most liveable city” by The Economist (2008), and was recently named one of the world’s “top 10 future cities” (Lonely Planet 2006). The city is esteemed for its quality education, world-class exposure provided in various courses and disciplines, and a low unemployment rate. It draws a diverse crowd from all over the world. It is estimated that 42000+ students from over 140 different countries come to Perth to pursue their higher education. These above-mentioned facts can vouch for the incredibility of universities in Perth. In this blog, we will profoundly explore some of the best universities in Perth where you can think of pursuing your higher education.
Must Read: July Intake in Australia
This Blog Includes:
Why Study in Perth?
Perth is well-known for its long days of sunshine, clear blue sky, and gleaming white beaches. It has also garnered international prominence for its record low unemployment rate, thriving economy, and sophisticated scientific and technological advances. Perth delivers a one-of-a-kind learning atmosphere that fosters creativity while also providing access to unrivaled academic resources. Here are some compelling reasons to choose universities in Perth or Perth as a study destination:
- World-class Education: The globally recognized degrees you will get in Perth will pave the path for a satisfying and successful career. WA’s education system is regarded as one of the greatest in the world.
- A Difficult to Match Lifestyle: You’ll be surprised to learn that Perth has one of the best standards of living in the world while yet being more inexpensive than many other study locations. International students enjoy a 40% discount on all public transportation, and buses within Perth’s city center are free to everybody! The Mediterranean temperature, fewer people, and reduced traffic congestion have resulted in a clear sky and a pollution-free environment. Perth also has a low crime rate as compared to other large cities, keeping its campuses, public transportation, and city streets safe and secure.
- Leaders in Innovation and Science: The city of Perth is the ideal location for ambitious scientists! The state’s five universities are at the bleeding edge of science and technology, and they collaborate on cutting-edge research initiatives with other world-class institutions.
- Cultural Hub: Perth is Western Australia’s cultural center for arts and entertainment, with the city and its surroundings providing the ideal background for festivals and cultural events all year. Visit art galleries or attend a performance of theatre, dance, music, comedy, or cinema. The city’s multiculturalism is most seen in its cuisine, which caters to all moods and preferences.
- Dynamic Economy: Western Australia boasts to be Australia’s fastest expanding economy. Despite having just 10% of Australia’s population, the state earns more than 30% of the country’s export income. Thousands of high-quality, well-paying employment have been created as a result of the economic boom.
Know About: Australia Student Visa
Universities in Perth
Here is a list of all the famous and renowned universities that you may find in Perth:
|Universities in Perth||QS World University Rankings 2022|
|The University of Western Australia||92|
|Edith Cowan University||651-700|
|Australian School Of Management||–|
|Paramount College of Natural Medicine||–|
|College of Law, Western Australia||–|
Overview of Top 5 Universities in Perth
Every hard-working and sincere student dreams of getting admission to top universities but before taking admission to a university, one must be well-versed about its popular courses and programs. Below is the brief and precise overview of the top 5 universities in Perth-
The University Of Western Australia
The University Of Western Australia is one of the most recognized universities in the world as its world ranking is 86th and 17% of students studying at this university are international students. The university’s infrastructure and education are world-class. Nutrition, psychology, medicine, law, and other courses are the most popular courses at this university.
Curtin University is one of Perth’s most popular and prestigious universities that has approximately 30% international students and focuses on global education with campuses in Dubai, Malaysia, Mauritius, and Singapore. Curtin University’s most popular courses include social work, architecture, nutrition, and health and occupational therapy.
It is one of Perth’s most prestigious universities, with approximately 40% international students. The university is esteemed for providing proper theoretical knowledge along with its real-life application, thus, giving an edge to its students in the job market. Some of its most popular programs include those in business, law, psychology, and engineering.
Edith Cowan University
It is one of the most popular universities in Perth and around the world because, according to the QS World Rankings, it is one of the top 1000 universities in the world and one of the top engineering universities in the world. Psychology, social work, business management, nursing, and engineering are among the most popular courses offered at this university.
Australian School Of Management
The Australian School Of Management is a private business school in Perth that is highly esteemed for the kind of practical work experience and skill development it provides for its students during internships and mentoring sessions. Popular programs offered here are BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) and BHM (Bachelor of Business in Hotel Management).
This was all about the universities in Perth. Are you ready to kickstart your study abroad journey? Our experts at Leverage Edu are just a call away. For the latest updates on study abroad, you can follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and can also subscribe to our newsletter. Join our Leverage Edu Community and seek help from peers.