Intakes and timelines are the most critical things for an aspirant to know when preparing to study abroad. Australia, one of the most popular study abroad destinations, has two admissions per year, in February and July. International students prefer both intakes for enrolling. July intake in Australia, on the other hand, has a maximum enrollment. Read the full blog to know more about July intake in Australia.
Also Read: Masters in Australia: An Updated 2021 Guide
This Blog Includes:
July intake in Australia: An Overview
In Australia, there are two intakes every year, in February and July. In September and November, a few universities offer numerous intakes. The cutoff dates for completing the application vary for every university in Australia. However, for July intake, the deadline is normally between February and June. Because of the enormous number of applicants and competition, overseas students are normally admitted on a first-come, first-served basis.
It is thus important to submit the application as soon as possible in order to be considered for early shortlisting at one of Australia’s top universities.
July Intake in Australia: Timeline
If you’re thinking about enrolling in one of Australia’s universities, check out the timeline for the July here:
- August 2021 to November 2021: This period is the foundation or the groundwork for the July intake in Australia for the year 2021. During this period, students must have shortlisted the universities that they want to pitch to and the respective courses that they want to pursue.
- December 2021 to February 2022: Prepare and take the standardized English language proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE and other entrance exams like GMAT or GRE, whatever is acceptable by the universities in Australia.
- February 2022 to March 2022: At this point in time, students must be applying for the shortlisted universities in Australia for the July intake in Australia by signing and filing the application forms, submission of the required documents and transcripts.
- March 2022 to April 2022: Now at this point in time, students have to just wait for a response from the universities’ side. Students only have to wait for an offer letter for the July Intake in Australia.
- April 2022 to June 2022: If one has received a positive response from a university regarding the July intake in Australia, students should apply for a student education visa to pursue their undergraduate, postgraduate, or Ph.D. from Australia. Students also have to check and organize for education funds and finances along with visa applications and approval. Students can verify and study university scholarship programs, government scholarships in Australia for overseas students, student or education loans, and so on to fund their university tuition.
- June 2022 to July 2022: Check for accommodation facilities in Australia, so that before landing there, you must be having a place to reside. On-campus accommodation (if offered by the institution), private hostels, PGs, and other options are available.
List of top Universities For July Intake in Australia
Here is an exclusive list of top institutions, along with their projected average tuition costs, that offer July Intake in Australia:
|Universities||QS World Universities Rankings 2021||The estimated average tuition fee for 1 year|
|Australian National University||=31||39,000 AUD (INR 22.2 lakhs)|
|The University of Sydney||40||10,000 AUD (INR 5.7 lakhs)|
|The University of Melbourne||41||40,000 AUD (INR 22.8 lakhs)|
|University of New South Wales||44||16,000 AUD (INR 9.12 lakhs)|
|Monash University||55||37,050 AUD (INR 22.1 lakhs)|
|The University of Western Australia||92||25,000 AUD (INR 14.2 lakhs)|
|The University of Adelaide||=106||10,000 AUD (INR 5.7 lakhs)|
|University of Technology, Sydney||=133||16,000 AUD (INR 9.12 lakhs)|
|Macquarie University||=214||28,000 AUD (INR 14.8 lakhs)|
|Curtin University||=217||9,000 AUD (INR 5.13 lakhs)|
|Queensland University of Technology||=217||30,000 AUD (INR 17.11 lakhs)|
|RMIT University||=223||33,000 AUD (INR 18.83 lakhs)|
Important Documents Required
There are a few important documents required once you get admission in the July intake in Australia.
- All official past academic records and transcripts from a recognised university or education board
- English language proficiency test scores such as IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE. For IELTS, a minimum score of 6- 6.5 and above is required for UG programs and 7-7.5 and above for PG programs for the July intake in Australia
- Other exam scores if required or asked by the university
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience if going for PG program
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- At Least 2 letters of reference or LORs
- Updated Resume or CV
- Passport size photographs
- Student Visa for Australia
Also Read: Sample SOP for Australian Student Visa
Things To Remember During the Application Process
You must keep certain things in mind in order to be accepted into your desired intake in Australia. Here are a few examples:
- Prepare your application by proofreading it. It’s best to begin your application procedure at least 3-4 months before the deadline.
- As soon as you receive your offer letter, apply for an education loan and a VISA. These processes can take a long time.
- Exams such as IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc, and others require thorough preparation. Try to clear them all at once.
- Prepare carefully for interviews and submit your application on time.
Thus, we hope that this blog has familiarized you with the July intake in Australia. Planning to study in Australia? Sign up for a free session with our Leverage Edu experts and we will provide the assistance you need to find the best course and university to study in Australia.