With the development of technology, many online users are beginning to worry about the possibility of data breaches and their data security. Every internet user wonders if disclosing their personal information is the right thing to do. Cybersecurity comes into the picture at this point. Protecting systems, networks, and programs from cyberattacks is the practice of cybersecurity. These cyberattacks typically try to gain access to, alter, or delete sensitive data; demand money from users; or obstruct regular corporate operations. Through this blog, we’ll walk you through the world of Cyber Security in Australia, as every nation has its unique opportunities, and Australia is no exception.
|Course Name||Masters in Cyber Security|
|Eligibility||Minimum 50% in UG (Related Field/Subjects)|
|Entrance Exam Required||TOEFL iBT– 83IELTS– 6.5PTE– 58-64|
|Tuition Fee||28,400 AUD to 62,000 AUD (INR 15.04 Lakh to INR 32.8 Lakh)|
|Popular Key Program Specializations||Information Security Management, Machine Learning, Information Security Assurance, and Computer Forensics.|
|Career Prospects||Data Security Manager, Security Systems Installer, Information Security Analyst|
|Average Salary||100,000 AUD (INR 52.96 Lakh) to 160,000 AUD (INR 84.74 Lakh) annually.|
This Blog Includes:
A Brief on Cyber Security
We are given a collection of preventative tools and methods by cyber security, which is utilized to guard sensitive data against breaches. Building an expert who can serve as a preventive wall to deal with severe threats like cyberterrorism and cyberwarfare is the primary function of cyber security. In other words, cybersecurity is a vast field that sprang out of information technology and generally falls within the purview of computer science. The technique of protecting networks, computers, servers, mobile devices, electronic systems, and data from hostile intrusions is known as cyber security. It is often referred to as electronic information security or information technology security.
Why Study in Australia?
- Language, social, and cultural freedoms are all prevalent in Australia. It boasts the largest immigrant population on the entire planet. All major cities, including Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne, and Sydney, support a high quality of life that offers residents access to top-notch medical and healthcare facilities, world-class infrastructure, reasonably priced housing, and a well-developed, technologically cutting-edge transportation network.
- Additionally, according to Navitas’ Agent Perception Survey, Australia continues to top the list of the best study-abroad countries for students from South and Southeast Asia.
- Earning a Master in Cyber Security in Australia will give a candidate an extra edge because Australia’s universities and colleges provide students with a variety of state-funded and outside grants so they can apply their academic knowledge to real-world situations.
Popular Universities for Cyber Security in Australia
In Australia, 1,100 universities offer more than 220,000 programs, with eight of them ranking in the top 100 in the world. Since the programs are taught by seasoned and well-regarded staff members offering degrees with international recognition in an engaging and cooperative environment, it is a well-liked location for international students. Let’s take a look at some of the popular universities for a Master in Cyber Security in Australia;
|Name of the Universities||QS World Ranking: 2023||Tuition Fee|
|University of Melbourne||33||37,100 AUD(INR 19.64 Lakh)|
|Monash University||57||36,700 AUD(INR 19.43 Lakh)|
|Deakin University||266||37,600 AUD(INR 19.91 Lakh)|
|Edith Cowan University||601-650||27,600 AUD(INR 14.61 Lakh)|
|RMIT University||190||39440 AUD(INR 19.82 Lakh)|
|University of Adelaide||109||48500 AUD(INR 25.68 Lakh)|
|University of South Australia||363||33600 AUD(INR 18.16 Lakh)|
|Griffith University||300||34000 AUD(INR 18.38 Lakh)|
|Macquarie University||195||36000 AUD(INR 19.46 Lakh)|
|University of New Castle||122||40230 AUD(INR 21.75 Lakh)|
Masters in Cyber Security Course Curriculum
A cyber security program’s fundamental framework consists of information technology foundations, cyber security management, cyber security analytics, advanced digital forensics, etc. The following topics make up the main portion of the curriculum of Masters in Cyber Security in Australia:
- Professional Practices and Entrepreneurship in Information Technology
- Academic Integrity Module
- Network Engineering Fundamentals
- Information Technology Fundamentals
- Cyber Security Principles
- Introduction to Programming
- Database Fundamentals
- Cyber Risk Management Compliance
Some of the Key Specializations include;
- Computer Science
- Machine Learning
- Network Administration
- Cloud Computing
- Computer Hardware Engineering
There are some general admission criteria for pursuing a Master in Cyber Security in Australia. Although the prerequisites listed below are prevalent, they may vary based on your chosen speciality and university:
- Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks in related subjects. Moreover, some universities in Australia. may require students to complete a bachelor’s in STEM courses.
- IELTS– 6.5.
- TOEFL iBT- 83.
- PTE– 58-64.
- Many institutions require 1-2 years of work experience, although it entirely depends on the university’s specific requirements.
Now that you have a clear understanding of the minimum eligibility for pursuing a Master’s in Cyber Security in Australia, let’s take a look at the documentation segment, which is one of the most crucial steps:
- Academic Transcripts from all attended universities/colleges.
- English Proficiency Test Scores.
- SOP/LORs (Varies from University to university).
- Financial Proofs.
- Work Experience: Experience can be obtained through fellowships and internships. When submitting their applications, students are required to provide letters of recommendation and letters of work experience.
With seven universities listed among the top 100 in the world, Australia is one of the top nations for international education. Undoubtedly, the admissions committee looks for some of the smartest and brightest people. To stand out from the competition, candidates should begin the application process months before the program’s start date. To know more about the ways to accelerate your application, call our Leverage Edu experts at 1800 572 000! Here is an easy route you can take to achieve your ambition of studying abroad and getting admission to a Master in Cyber Security in Australia:
- Get in touch with our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist top colleges and programs. Apply to various colleges by starting your application through our single dashboard.
- Gather all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates, LORs, and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Accept the offer letter and connect digitally with your professors, classmates, and housemates.
- Get your visa approved and depart for the college of your dreams.
Even though Australian institutions are quite affordable, managing all of the costs alone when studying overseas is a significant challenge. Often scholarships help students lessen the financial strain of their education and other costs to pursue their aspirations. Let’s take a look at popular scholarships available:
|Name of the Scholarship||Amount|
|Excellence Scholarship(Deakin University)||The grant covers 10-15% of the tuition fee|
|Griffith Remarkable Scholarship||50% Tuition Fee|
|International Leadership Scholarship (Monash University)||100% Tuition waiver|
|Engineering Masters Scholarship for Outstanding International Students (University of Technology, Sydney)||5000 AUD(INR 2.64 Lakh)|
|Vice Chancellor’s International Scholarship (Macquire University)||10,000 AUD (INR 5.29 Lakh)|
Career and Job Prospects
There are ample opportunities for a candidate who are planning to pursue a career in Cyber Security in Australia. It is an emerging and evolving field and an average salary can range from 74500 AUD (INR 40.28 Lakh) to 140,000 AUD (INR 75.70 Lakh) annually.
|Jobs||Average Annual Salary (AUD)||Average Annual Salary (INR)|
|Data Security Manager||122,000 AUD||INR 65.97 Lakh|
|Information Security Analyst||112,000 AUD||INR 60.56 Lakh|
|Chief Information Security Officer||140,000 AUD||INR 75.70 Lakh|
|Network Systems Security Manager||110,000 AUD||INR 59.48 Lakh|
|Security Systems Installer||74,500 AUD||INR 40.28 Lakh|
Cost of Study and Living
The cost of an MS in Cyber Security at Australian universities may range from 28,400 AUD to 62,000 AUD (INR 15.04 Lakh to INR 32.8 Lakh). However, numerous scholarships that colleges offer can help lower the overall costs of tuition at famous institutions.
Sydney and Melbourne have constantly been listed as two of the world’s best cities for students. The QS Best Student Cities 2022 list has Melbourne and Sydney in sixth and eighth place, respectively. The students can enjoy high standards of living while paying reasonable prices.
The typical monthly cost of living for students ranges between AUD 1400 (INR 74,149) and AUD 2500 (INR 1.32 Lakh) and includes all expenses like as food, lodging, social activities, utilities, and so on.
Ans: Seven Australian institutions consistently place in the top 100 of the QS World Ranking and Times Higher Education Rankings, demonstrating the intellectual superiority of the Australian educational system.
Ans: Introduction to Programming, Cyber security principles and Network engineering fundamentals to name a few.
Ans: Australia provides several employment prospects in the expanding field of cyber security, where there will likely be 18,000 more job openings by 2026 due to the demand for qualified individuals.
This was all about Masters in Cyber Security in Australia! If you want to get into a high-ranked university, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need a flawless application. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realise your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.