Often referred to as the land of immigrants, Canada is home to the world’s eighth-largest immigrant population and is constantly reinventing its policies to allow people from across the globe to live, study and experience its incredible diversity and culture. Canada has an impressive immigration plan for 2021-2023 where they are planning to invite 401,000 immigrants in 2021! So, if you are looking to study abroad then look no further because we will cover the different types of PR courses in Canada you can pursue to get the golden ticket!
Explore 100 Interesting Facts About Canada!
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study in Canada?
- Types of PR Programmes in Canada
- Courses for Permanent Residency in Canada
- PR Benefits Courses
- 1-year Diploma Courses for Canada for PR
- Short-Term Courses for Permanent Residency in Canada
- Top Canadian Universities: QS Rankings 2022
- How to Choose the Right Course in Canada?
Why Study in Canada?
Before we delve into the different types of PR courses in Canada, let’s explore why you should consider Canada as your dream country to live in
- Canada is amongst the most sought after countries when it comes to immigration. It is a wonderful country to settle in because of its scenic beauty, pleasant weather, free universal healthcare where Canadians and permanent residents do not have to worry about huge medical bills and world-renowned educational institutes.
- Canada was ranked as one of the happiest countries in the world! Its citizens enjoy a range of freedoms and a sustainable environment wherein they can grow as individuals as well as raise their families. Not just that, Canada is also considered to have the lowest crime level in the world!
- Canada has an impressive education system with some of the best universities in the world!
- Canada is one of the most diverse countries in the world and offers a unique multicultural blend of lifestyle to all its citizens. Did you know that Canada has two official languages: French and English?
- Canada is extremely friendly and a great place to work; the country encourages a healthy work-life balance where employees get paid statutory holidays such as Canada Day, paid maternity leave, sick days and vacation days!
- Canada is home to natural wonders like The Northern Lights, Niagara Falls and Great Bear Rainforest. It is one of the most diverse countries not just in terms of people but when it comes to nature.
Types of PR Programmes in Canada
While studying in Canada is a sure-shot way to get a permanent residency in the country, there are several ways and programmes for international students choose from. Here is a complete guide:
- Canadian Experience Class programme: It is helpful for the students, and it takes into consideration many factors like age, language proficiency, and level of education, etc. It is required to have 12 months of work experience, that is full time.
- Programme for Federal Skilled Worker: The Federal Skilled Worker is a program that is merit-based that uses a points-based Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) to score and rank candidates against one another. Work experience is needed by the applicant for at least 12 months.
- Provincial Nominee Programmes: Canada’s provinces and territories have their own immigration programs, which are known as Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs). There are many PNPs that give preference to candidates who have studied in the province or worked in it.
- Permit for Post-Graduation Work: This might not allow the applicant to get a direct permanent residency program, but it does allow international students who have graduated from Canada to live in Canada even after their period of study is completed. This is done so that the candidates can work with any employer in the country and apply for a visa through CEC.
Courses for Permanent Residency in Canada
On completion of certain degree programs, students can get jobs in top companies in Canada. Here are some of the best long and short-term courses for PR in Canada that help the students to fetch you lucrative jobs and opportunities:
- MSc in Computer Science/IT
- MSc in Data Science
- MSc in Big Data
- MSc in Finance
- MSc in Banking
- MSc/MTech in Civil Engineering‘
- MSc/MTech in Mechanical Engineering
- MSc/MTech in Electrical-Electronics
- MSc/MTech in Chemical Engineering
- MSc/MTech in Engineering Management
- MSc in Bioscience
- MSc in Nursing
- MSc in Psychology
- MSc in Biochemistry
- MA in Marketing Management
- MA in Journalism
- MA in Public Relations
Master of Business Administration
Master of Business Administration is considered to be a course with a lot of aspirants who want decent employment. There are many jobs that are available after an MBA degree like Banking, Consultancy, Investment and Managing Finance jobs, etc. These require highly skilled professionals and that can be achieved after an MBA degree.
Computer Science/Information Technology
Information Technology engineering and computer science attract many students throughout the globe. Informational technology is a booming industry with several attractive courses like Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Big Data and much more. After finishing these PR courses in Canada, students are eligible for jobs like Software Developer, Engineer, Cloud Architect, Data Scientist, Technical Writers etc. Students get hired at great pay after getting a degree in this area of study!
Business and Finance
If you are someone fascinated by the workings of the global financial market then a career in finance for you. Finance and business courses are amongst the most popular PR courses in Canada as well. Many business and economics graduates get jobs in fields like investment management, banking, stock market, insurance, actuarial. Students can also go under asset management and broking as well.
Engineering Management and Core Engineering
Engineering and Management are some of the best PR- friendly courses in Canada. Canada has an acute shortage of skilled workers and many regions of the country such as Toronto, because of its huge manufacturing sector, attract jobs in these particular fields. Other Canadian cities like Montreal, Calgary and Edmonton are considered to be the most lucrative markets for such degrees. Professionals can easily find jobs in sectors like Civil, Mechanical, Electrical-Electronics, Chemical and Engineering Management.
Medicine, Biosciences, and Healthcare
There are various programs and courses in fields such as Medicine, Bioscience and Healthcare in which are recommended for professionals who are skilled and professional in their particular arenas. The study in this stream helps the students with different jobs that include jobs in the pharmaceutical sectors, nursing, and other advanced areas like biotechnology and other sciences.
Journalism and Media Communications
After the pandemic, certain sectors like e-commerce and the online business industry have taken off. There are many jobs available after graduating as most companies are looking for creative writers, content creators, journalists, publicists and digital managers who understand the space and can help companies grow in the digital sphere. Students can get recruited in various fields that include public relations, which is one of the most trending jobs at this time. Applicants can also take up jobs in the advertising sectors and other marketing fields. It gives students a lot of opportunities to show their skills and hone their interests.
PR Benefits Courses
The aforementioned courses are some of the many courses students benefit from in the short run. To avail of these PR benefits, a student has to undergo different PR listed courses which include the Canadian Experience Class, the Quebec Experience Class and Provincial Nominee Programs.
Canadian Experience Class
Students who studied in accredited post-secondary school on a full-time basis for two years are eligible to apply for the program. He has to obtain educational credentials post his study completion on a Canadian campus. Besides, he is entitled to the program if he has work experience of a one-year full-time skilled position.
Quebec Experience Class
Students can directly enrol in the program as there is no need for work experience if they studied in Quebec and completed either a Vocational, Bachelor’s/Masters or PhD degree.
Provincial Nomination Programs
Several provinces in Canada especially Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and others have programs for international students particularly those who graduated from the post-secondary program in the country. Some of these programs in these provinces will require a job offer or work experience enabling candidates to receive Permanent Residency faster compared to other PR list courses.
1-year Diploma Courses for Canada for PR
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Accounting
- Diploma in Marketing
- Diploma in Advertising and Graphic Design
- Diploma in Baking and Pastry Arts Management
- Diploma in Cyber Security Specialist
- Diploma in Data Analytics Co-op
- Food Technology, Safety and Quality Diploma
Short-Term Courses for Permanent Residency in Canada
- Human Resources Management Certificate
- French Language Course
- Short-term for Software Engineering
- Professional Cook – Certificate Course
- Dental Assistant
- Public Administration
- Culinary Arts
- Advertising – Account Management
- Certificate in Business Foundations
Top Canadian Universities: QS Rankings 2022
Here are some top universities to pursue PR-friendly Courses in Canada!
|University||QS Canada Rank 2022||QS World Rank 2022|
|University of Toronto||1||26|
|University of British Columbia||3||46|
|University of Montreal||4||111|
|University of Alberta||5||126|
|University of Waterloo||7||149|
|University of Ottawa||9||230|
|University of Calgary||10||235|
How to Choose the Right Course in Canada?
Here are some benefits of getting PR in Canada: Immigrants get all social benefits that Canadian citizens are entitled to, including Canadian health care, freedom to live, work and study in any Canadian province or territory, freedom to eventually apply for Canadian citizenship and protection under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
The most popular PR courses in Canada are MBA, engineering, digital marketing, public relations, finance and banking, data science etc
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age in order to begin the application process for Canadian citizenship. In order to apply for citizenship on behalf of a child under 18, the following conditions must be met:
• the individual applying for Canadian citizenship is the child’s parent or legal guardian
• the child in question must be a permanent resident of Canada, but is not required to have lived in Canada for three years; and
• one parent is already a Canadian citizen or is applying to become a citizen as well. This stipulation also applies to adoptive parents.
Within any five (5) year period, a permanent resident must be physically present in Canada for at least 730 days in that five (5) year period. Exceptions are for those who are outside of Canada accompanying a Canadian citizen, who is his or her spouse or common-law partner or a child accompanying a parent or outside of Canada, employed on a full-time basis by a Canadian business or an accompanying spouse, common-law partner or child of a permanent resident, who is outside Canada and is employed on a full-time basis by a Canadian business.
Canadian permanent residents/landed immigrants and citizens enjoy all of the same rights and privileges like free healthcare, free elementary and secondary education, etc. with three (3) exceptions: Permanent residents cannot vote, Permanent residents cannot hold a Canadian passport and Permanent residents can be deported for certain criminal convictions.
This was all about PR courses in Canada! Do you want to study abroad but don’t know which universities or courses are right for you? Use our AI Course Finder to find the best course for yourself. Get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts and make your dream come true!