Canada has always soared as the choicest study destination amongst international students for decades. Home to many top-ranked universities and friendly student cities, the country welcomes students from all around the world with open arms and flexible immigration policies. The universities in Canada are renowned for their low-cost and diverse MBA courses. The admissions for MBA in Canada are conducted across various intake seasons. Fall, winter, and summer are the most common intakes in Canada. If you have missed out on preparing your application for the fall intake, then January Intake in Canada for MBA is best for you! Read this blog to know all about January Intake in Canada.
Check out: Study in Canada without IELTS
Universities for January Intake in Canada for MBA
There are numerous business schools, universities and colleges in Canada which are open for January Intake in Canada for MBA. Here is the list of the major January intake colleges and universities in Canada for MBA:
|University||City||QS Rankings 2022|
|Ivey Business School, University of Western Ontario||Ontario||53|
|Schulich School of Business, York University||Toronto||81|
|John Molson School of Business, Concordia University||Montreal||51+|
|Smith School of Business, Queen’s University||Ontario||=240|
Also Read: Management Courses in Canada
Ivey Business School, University of Western Ontario
Ivey Business School, University of Western Ontario was the first business school in Canada that offered MBA. It was founded back in 1922 offering a full-time MBA in Canada. The business school is also known for its career placement. 90% of students are recruited in the top firm within 3 months. The Ivey Business school is ranked 1 by Bloomberg Businessweek 6 years in a row for MBA in Canada. Here are the requirements and fee structure for January intake MBA in Ivey Business School:
|Tuition Fee (in INR)||Rs. 7099103|
|Average Work Experience||2 years|
Schulich School of Business, York University has been ranked #1 in Canada by The Economist, Forbes & CNN Expansion. It offers MBA in 17 specialization courses and students are also given the opportunity to customise their MBA. Faculties also focus on a practical approach that helps students with industry exposure and learning concepts from hands-on experience. MBA also includes strategic consulting projects in which students will identify business issues and generate solutions from real clients’ organizations.
|Tuition Fee (in INR)||Rs. 1614487|
|Average Work Experience||5 years|
Also Read: MBA Without Work Experience in Canada
John Molson School of Business, Concordia University
John Molson School of Business, Concordia University offers both part-time and full-time MBA programs. Students can complete their full-time MBA in 16 months and part-time MBA in 3 years. Some of the key features of John Molson MBA include small batch sizes and 30:1 as the faculty-student ratio. John Molson School of Business is located in Montreal and it is one of the safest and best universities in the world for international students. The placement package is around $87,000 after completion of MBA and has a 91% record of placement in MNCs within three months.
|Application Fee||$100 (CAD)|
|Tuition Fee (in INR)||Rs. 2507343|
|Duration||16 – 24 Months|
|Average Work Experience||6 years|
Also Read: Eligibility for MBA in Canada
Smith School of Business, Queen’s University
Smith School of Business is another sought-after business school in Canada that takes applications for January intake for MBA. An MBA from Smith School of Business will equip you with the necessary new-age skills needed to lead in the business world. It also focuses on developing technical and power skills in all students such as time management, team building qualities, communication skills, and much more from the top faculties.
|Application Fee||Not applicable|
|Tuition Fee (in INR)||Rs. 6168668|
|Average Work Experience||4 years|
Also Read: Low Cost MBA in Canada
The application process to apply for MBA in Canada remains the same for all the intakes. Here is an overview of the step-by-step application process for January intake in Canada for MBA:
- Visit the official website of the university you are interested to pursue an MBA from.
- Check the course curriculum and the eligibility requirements.
- Click on the application form of the respective university.
- First, you need to create an account using your mobile number or email address.
- You will receive an email or SMS on your registered contact number with login details and verification.
- Use the login details provided and enter your personal details ( name, gender, date of birth)
- Enter your academic qualification and upload the required documents.
- Select the course and pay the application fee.
- The application fee is different for every university and can be paid through debit/credit card or internet banking.
- Submit your application form, you can also track your application form through your account.
- Students that have been selected will be required to attend a virtual interview by some universities.
Also Read: MBA Scholarships in Canada
Here is a list of necessary documents required at the time of submitting your application for MBA in Canada
- Official academic transcripts
- Scanned copy of passport
- CV/ Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Reference Letters
- Postgraduate applicants have to submit a translation of the degree certificate in case the degree certificate is in another language other than English.
Also Read: Cost of Studying in Canada
Here are some of the best scholarships for MBA in Canada:
- General Entrance Scholarships:
General entrance scholarships are awarded by Smith School of Business, Queen’s University to students that have an excellent academic background and overall profile. Scholarships are worth $10,000 and can cover up to the entire cost of the program. Students don’t have to submit a separate scholarship form, all students are eligible as soon as they are applied at Smith School of Business.
- MBA Indigenous Entrance Scholarships: MBA Indigenous Entrance Scholarships is awarded by Ivey Business School, University of Western Ontario to students enrolled in full-time MBA programs. The scholarship is worth $10,000 and all students are eligible as soon as they are enrolled for MBA in Ivey Business School.
- Resource Capital Funds Scholarship: Resource Capital Funds Scholarship is offered by Schulich School of Business, York University. The scholarship is worth $15000 and awarded to students enrolled in MBA in the January intake. This scholarship is awarded in the second year of an MBA specializing in Global Mining Management.
GMAT score should be 580 – 650.
An IELTS score of 7.0 is required in most of the universities in Canada for an MBA.
MBA Indigenous Entrance Scholarships worth $10,000 are provided to MBA students in Ivey Business School.
The duration is 12 – 24 months.
There is no application fee at Smith School of Business.
Yes, LOR is an important document required at the time of application.
This was all about the January intake in Canada for MBA. Want to apply for MBA in Canada? Reach out to our Leverage Edu counsellors or call us at 1800 572 000 and we will help you sort out the application process and provide you with the assistance you need to land at your dream university. Don’t miss out on any study updates, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.