Canada is becoming a hub for higher education, especially for Indian students. Canada offers students with top-class B-schools and provides a high-quality education at relatively lower costs. MBA in Canada is highly recognized all over the world. It provides students with real-life business skills and equips them with the necessary skills to cope with the changing environment. Read this blog further to understand everything in depth related to MBA in Canada for Indian students.
Also Read: Popular MBA Programs in Canada
This Blog Includes:
- MBA in Canada Highlights
- Study in Canada News
- Why Study MBA in Canada?
- Types of MBA in Canada
- Eligibility for MBA in Canada
- Course Structure
- Popular MBA Specialisations
- Top Universities for Pursuing MBA in Canada
- Cost of Studying MBA in Canada for Indian Students: Tuition Fees
- Scholarships Available for Studying MBA in Canada
- Cost of Living in Canada
- MBA in Canada Requirements
- Jobs After MBA in Canada
- Salary After MBA in Canada
- Work permit after MBA in Canada
- Cheapest Universities for MBA in Canada
- Popular Intakes
- Student Life in Canada
- MBA Universities for the Winter Intake 2023
- MBA Without Work experience
- Top Sectors and Companies in Canada for MBA Graduates
MBA in Canada Highlights
|Total number of MBA Colleges in Canada||Approximately 40+ MBA colleges|
|MBA cost in Canada||INR 26 lakhs (approx.)|
|Top Specialisations||General Management, International Business, Business (others), Finance, Entrepreneurship, Supply Chain, Economics|
|Exams required||GMAT, GRE, IELTS, TOEFL|
Study in Canada News
- Study in Canada: Overseas Students Looking Out for Host Families in Waterloo.
- Study in Canada: Ontario Expanding Number of Medical School Placements
- Study Abroad in Canada: University of Toronto Invests a Mammoth for Students and Research
- Study in Canada: Saskatchewan Polytechnic students will now have 24/7 access to their academic documents through MyCreds
- Study Abroad in Canada: International Students To be Hosted For Their Housing Requirements
Why Study MBA in Canada?
Canadian universities provide opportunities for students to network with several accomplished and amazing people in the field of business. In 2019, Canada was ranked 7th for Entrepreneurship and Open for Business by U.S News and World report.
International students enjoy a good quality of life in Canada with an ideal environment. There are plenty of opportunities for international students to work in Canada on-campus and off-campus. Here are the top perks of studying for your MBA in Canada-
- Many Canadian cities are featured as the best cities for student life and are collaborative and open to international students. Students enjoy the company of a diverse population and great foods of different ethnicities.
- The Canadian job market is growing at an all-time rate and there are a lot of opportunities for MBA graduates.
- Canada provides international students with friendly visas. To start with, there is a lot less paperwork required as compared to other countries and along with that, they provide international students with work permits right after they receive their degree which becomes beneficial for all the international students.
- As already mentioned above, Canada provides a great return on investment and provides students with a much more accessible MBA program.
Types of MBA in Canada
There are presently several specialties for the Master of Business Administration. Courses may generally be chosen based on a few key considerations, such as the subject matter and length of the course. Generally speaking, the length of the course allows for a broad classification of MBA programs in Canada. You’ll have a clearer notion while choosing the appropriate course.
- Full-Time MBA A full-time MBA in Canada will be appropriate for you if you wish to enter the workforce as a leader. Take advantage of this fantastic chance to learn about the diversity of the Canadian workforce. Students may follow the course full-time because it lasts for two years. To get admitted, international students must have acceptable GMAT and language competence exam results.
- Part-time MBA in Canada – Excellent chance for those who wish to get their management degree while working. Depending on the university you choose, this degree’s study length might be three to six years.
- Executive MBA in Canada – For executives and future managers seeking (senior)managerial-level experience, this curriculum is best suited. It will take 20 to 28 months to complete.
Eligibility for MBA in Canada
- The applicant must have completed their bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution with the minimum marks required by the chosen university.
- An average work experience of about 2-3 years (might not be required by some universities)
- A valid GMAT or GRE score is also required along with English language proficiency scores such as IELTS/TOEFL, etc.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letters of Recommendation (LORs)
Must Read: Cost of MBA in Canada for Indian Students
The MBA program is split into 4 tiers that will help a student build his/her skill set. Team activities are also a part of the curriculum. Below we have provided the general course structure for MBA in Canada. Moreover, students can choose any one of the elective courses as they progress.
|Preparatory – New Student Orientation||Business Analytics|
|Analytical Foundations (talent management, business analytics, etc)||Consulting|
|Management principles and practices||Finance|
|Integration and implementation||HRM|
Popular MBA Specialisations
- International Management
- International Business
- Finance Leadership
- Information Technology
- Data Science
Top Universities for Pursuing MBA in Canada
Mentioned below for your reference are the top universities for pursuing MBA in Canada.
- Rotman School of Management
- McGill University
- Ivey Business School
- Schulich School of Business
- Sauder School of Business
- HEC Montreal
- Queen’s School of Business
- Alberta School of Business
- Beedie School of Business
- Edwards School of Business
Let us elaborate upon the top MBA programs in Canada offered by these universities:
Explore: Top MBA Colleges in Canada
Rotman School of Management
Rotman School of Management acts as one of the leading business schools in Canada. The school was established in 1950 and has been providing a wide range of management courses since then. The school offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in varied disciplines out of which MBA is the most popular program offered by Rotman School of Management. It offers four types of MBA in Canada programs i.e. full-time MBA, part-time MBA, Joint MBA, and Executive MBA. their MBA programs provide unique exposure to their students in the forms of live cases. They offer various specializations in their MBA program such as-
- Investment banking
- Brand management
- Global management
- Funds management
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
McGill University comes among one the top business schools when you think of MBA in Canada. The University aptly recognizes the need for students to develop skills that are demanded globally by employees and work towards inculcating those skills in their students. Their faculty works efficiently towards creating a strong and wider network for students to benefit from.
Ivey Business School
Ivey Business School is the business school of the University of Western Ontario and is famous for its management education. The business school was established in 1949 when Western University decided to create a separate business school. They offer programs like MBA, MSc, MFE, and Ph.D. programs. The business school has a strong network of over 25,000 alumni and provides the students with an excellent opportunity to network with such brilliant minds.
The university has different mentorship programs as well wherein management alumni volunteer to mentor the students personally. These programs expose the students to the realities of the market and prepare them for what’s about to come next.
HEC Montreal school offers different types of management programs at all levels under various specializations. It is one of the top choices of students for an MBA in Canada. Securing a global rank of 131-140 in the QS Global Ranking 2019, HEC Montréal boasts of an impressive placement record of 91%. With more than 72,000 students being admitted every year, this business school is considered to be one of the biggest business schools in Canada.
Also Read: MBA in Canada Without GMAT
Cost of Studying MBA in Canada for Indian Students: Tuition Fees
|University||Tuition Fees 2022 -Full-time MBA|
|University of Toronto||INR 70,60,424|
|University of British Columbia||INR 63,41,361|
|University of Alberta||INR 43,93,908|
|McGill University||INR 72,86,564|
This is just the tuition fees, there are other expenses such as student fees, application charges, accommodation, and excursion expenses that students have to cover as well.
Explore: Cost of Studying in Canada
Scholarships Available for Studying MBA in Canada
Listed below for your reference are the various scholarships available for students to pursue their MBA in Canada for Indian students:
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship
- University of Waterloo Graduate Scholarship
- Go Clean Scholarship
- Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas Scholarship for SC etc. Candidates
- Hani Zeini Scholarship
- Narotam Sekhsaria’s Scholarships
Cost of Living in Canada
|Common Utilities||Expenses (CAD)|
|Shared flat rents||724|
|Share of utilities||55|
|Pint of local beer||6|
MBA in Canada Requirements
- List of academic certificates and transcripts
- Scorecard of proficiency exams
- Bank Statements
- Work experience proof(if any)
- LOR – Letter of Recommendation (at least 2)
- SOP – Statement of Purpose
- MBA Essays (if needed)
- Updated CV/Resume
Jobs After MBA in Canada
- Marketing Analyst
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Coordinator
- Senior Human Resources Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- HR Coordinator
- Human Resources Director
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Business Development Officer
- Business Management Consultant
- Administrative Manager
Salary After MBA in Canada
|Top employers||Average Annual Salary (CAD)|
|RBC Asset Management||150,000|
|KPMG, LLP||54,000 to 123,000|
|EY||54,000 to 160,000|
|TD Canada||44,000 to 120, 000|
|Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce||40,000 to 98,000|
|Rogers Group Inc||79,000|
Work permit after MBA in Canada
Aspirants are drawn to Canada due to its dynamic, multiracial society and growing need for business degrees. After finishing their MBA programmes, graduates are welcomed by the Canadian government. So, in Canada, obtaining a work visa after earning an MBA is simple and hassle-free. Yes, you may successfully obtain a work visa by taking a few easy steps early on. The following is a summary of the key details we figured out about the work permit rules following an MBA.
- After graduating, international students have 180 days to apply for a post-graduation employment visa.
- Graduates can work for any firm in Canada with a work visa, which is an added benefit.
- Graduates who get work visas can stay in Canada for three years.
Cheapest Universities for MBA in Canada
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- University of Northern British Columbia
- University of Ottawa
- University of Waterloo
- University of Manitoba
- Université de Moncton
- Université de Sherbrooke
- Université Laval
- HEC Montréal
- Concordia University
- Saint Mary’s University
- Carleton University
- University of Saskatchewan
There are three kinds of intakes offered by Canadian Universities:
- Fall Intakes: This begins in September and is the most popular intake for universities and students. All courses and programs are available for this intake.
- Winter Intakes: This begins in January and is the second-most preferred intake for international students. Students who have missed the deadlines for the fall intake, generally go for this session.
- Summer Intakes: This begins in April/May. This intake is ideal for those who want to apply for a specific program as the universities offer limited seats and courses. This is the least popular intake.
Student Life in Canada
Canada invests a huge amount of money in education and its facilities. This makes the country among the most caught-after study abroad destinations. Let’s briefly go through the dynamic student life in Canada.
- Canada is known to have a multicultural environment that gives students a global perspective and also helps them build a stronger network.
- The country is also known for welcoming the majority of immigrants which contributes to the progressive nature of the people.
- Students can explore endless leisure activities in Canada. Being home to many world heritage sites and lively festivals, students can engage in various activities.
- Canada is also known to have the lowest crime rates in the world. Canadians experience fewer violent crimes, and fewer breaks, and police officers follow strict ethics which makes it safe for students.
MBA Universities for the Winter Intake 2023
|University||City||QS Rankings 2023|
|Ivey Business School, University of Western Ontario||Ontario||69|
|Schulich School of Business, York University||Toronto||98|
|John Molson School of Business, Concordia University||Montreal||121|
|Smith School of Business, Queen’s University||Ontario||601|
Explore: Study in Canada Without IELTS
MBA Without Work experience
Candidates can pursue MBA in Canada for Indian students without Work Experience at various universities such:
- Thompson Rivers University
- New York Institute of Technology, Vancouver
- Cape Breton University
- Brock University
- Dalhousie University
- Vancouver Island University
Top Sectors and Companies in Canada for MBA Graduates
Following are the Sectors and Companies in Canada for MBA Graduates:
Sectors for MBA students in Canada
- Bain & Company
- AstraZeneca International
- Baylis Medical Company
- Bank of Canada
- Impact Consulting Group
- Procter & Gamble
A. Canada, one of the world’s biggest and most powerful economies, provides MBA graduates with a variety of employment options. Additionally, it offers a calm atmosphere for foreign students who desire to study abroad and is home to some of the top MBA recruiters, including Deloitte, Unity Technologies, GlaxoSmithKline, PWC, KPMG, etc.
A low-paying university and a part-time job are also options if you wish to study for free in Canada. Obtaining a scholarship is another option to lower your costs.
A full list of scholarships for MBA study in Canada is available on our website, and you may apply for any of them.
We hope that this blog was able to help you get familiarized with all the essentials regarding MBA in Canada. Confused about finding the right MBA program in Canada? Get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts to get complete assistance in getting admission to your dream university. Sign up for a free session with us now!