Canada is becoming a hub for higher education, especially for Indian students. Canada offers students with top-class B-schools and provides a high-quality education at relatively lower costs. MBA in Canada is highly recognized all over the world. It provides students with real-life business skills and equips them with the necessary skills to cope up with the changing environment. Read this blog further to understand everything in depth related to MBA in Canada.
Also Read: Popular MBA Programs in Canada
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study MBA in Canada?
- Top Universities for pursuing MBA in Canada
- Cost of Studying MBA in Canada: Tuition Fees
- Scholarships Available for Studying MBA in Canada
- Cheapest Universities for MBA in Canada
- Popular Intakes
- MBA Universities for the Winter Intake 2021
- Eligibility for MBA in Canada
- Popular MBA Specialisations
- MBA without Work experience
- Top Sectors and Companies in Canada for MBA graduates
Why Study MBA in Canada?
Canadian universities provide opportunities to students to network with several accomplished and amazing people in the field of business. In 2019, Canada was ranked 7th for Entrepreneurship and Open for Business by U.S News and World report.
International students enjoy a good quality of life in Canada with an ideal environment. There are plenty of opportunities for international students to work in Canada on-campus and off-campus. Here are top perks of studying your MBA in Canada-
- Many Canadian cities are featured as best cities for student life and are collaborative and open to international students. Students enjoy the company of a diverse population and great foods of different ethnicities.
- Canadian job market is growing at an all time rate and there are a lot of opportunities for MBA graduates.
- Canada provides international students with friendly visas. To start with, there is a lot less paperwork required as compared to other countries and along with that they provide international students with work permits right after they receive their degree which becomes really beneficial for all the international students.
- As already mentioned above, Canada provides a great return on investment and provides students with a much more accessible MBA program.
Must Read: Cost of MBA in Canada for Indian Students
Top Universities for pursuing MBA in Canada
Mentioned below for your reference are the top universities for pursuing MBA in Canada.
- Rotman School of Management
- McGill University
- Ivey Business School
- Schulich School of Business
- Sauder School of Business
- HEC Montreal
- Queen’s School of Business
- Alberta School of Business
- Beedie School of Business
- Edwards School of Business
Let us elaborate upon the top MBA programs in Canada offered by these universities:
Explore: Top MBA Colleges in Canada
Rotman School of Management
Rotman School of Management acts as one of the leading business schools in Canada. The school was established in 1950 and has been providing a wide range of management courses since then. The school offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs in varied disciplines out of which MBA is the most popular program offered by Rotman School of Management. The school offers four types of MBA in Canada programs i.e. full-time MBA, part-time MBA, Joint MBA, Executive MBA. their MBA programs provide unique exposure to their students in the forms of live cases. They offer various specialisation in their MBA program such as-
- Investment banking
- Brand management
- Global management
- Funds management
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
McGill University comes amongst one of the top business schools when you think of MBA in Canada. The University aptly recognizes the need for students to develop skills that are demanded globally by employees and work towards inculcating those skills in their students. Their faculty works efficiently towards creating a strong and wider network for students to benefit from.
Ivey Business School
Ivey Business School is the business school of the University of Western Ontario and is famous for its management education. The business school was established in 1949 when Western University decided to create a separate business school. They offer programs like MBA, MSc, MFE and PhD programs. The business school has a strong network of over 25,000 alumni and provides the students with an excellent opportunity to network with such brilliant minds.
The university has different mentorship programs as well wherein management alumni volunteer to mentor the students personally. These programs expose the students to the realities of the market and prepare them for what’s about to come next.
HEC Montreal school offers different types of management programs at all the levels under various specialisations. It is one of the top choices of students for MBA in Canada. Securing a global rank of 131-140 in the QS Global Ranking 2019, HEC Montréal boasts of an impressive placement record of 91%. With more than 72,000 students being admitted every year, this business school is considered to be one of the biggest business schools in Canada.
Also Read: MBA in Canada Without GMAT
Cost of Studying MBA in Canada: Tuition Fees
|University||Tuition Fees 2022 -Full-time MBA|
|University of Toronto||INR 70,60,424|
|University of British Columbia||INR 63,41,361|
|University of Alberta||INR 43,93,908|
|McGill University||INR 72,86,564|
This is just the tuition fees, there are other expenses such as student fees, application charges, accommodation and excursion expenses that students have to cover as well.
Explore: Cost of Studying in Canada
Scholarships Available for Studying MBA in Canada
Listed below for your reference are the various scholarships available for students to pursue their MBA in Canada.
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship
- University of Waterloo Graduate Scholarship
- Go Clean Scholarship
- Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas Scholarship for SC etc. Candidates
- Hani Zeini Scholarship
- Narotam Sekhsaria’s Scholarships
Cheapest Universities for MBA in Canada
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- University of Northern British Columbia
- University of Ottawa
- University of Waterloo
- University of Manitoba
- Université de Moncton
- Université de Sherbrooke
- Université Laval
- HEC Montréal
- Concordia University
- Saint Mary’s University
- Carleton University
- University of Saskatchewan
There are three kinds of intakes offered by Canadian Universities-
- Fall Intakes: This begins in the month of September and is the most popular intake for universities and students. All courses and programmes are available for this intake.
- Winter Intakes: This begins in the month of January and the second-most preferred intake for international students. Students who have missed the deadlines for the fall intake, generally go for this session.
- Summer Intakes: This begins in the month of April/May. This intake is ideal for those who want to apply for a specific program as the universities offer limited seats and courses. This is the least popular intake.
MBA Universities for the Winter Intake 2021
|University||City||QS Rankings 2021|
|Ivey Business School, University of Western Ontario||Ontario||87|
|Schulich School of Business, York University||Toronto||#95|
|John Molson School of Business, Concordia University||Montreal||–|
|Smith School of Business, Queen’s University||Ontario||80|
Eligibility for MBA in Canada
- The applicant must have completed their bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution with the minimum marks required by the chosen university.
- An average work experience of about 2-3 years (might not be required by some universities)
- A valid GMAT or GRE score is also required along with English language proficiency scores such as IELTS/TOEFL, etc.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letters of Recommendation (LORs)
Explore: Study in Canada Without IELTS
Popular MBA Specialisations
- International Management
- International Business
- Finance Leadership
- Information Technology
- Data Science
MBA without Work experience
Candidates can pursue MBA in Canada without Work Experience at various universities such
- Thompson Rivers University
- New York Institute of Technology, Vancouver
- Cape Breton University
- Brock University
- Dalhousie University
- Vancouver Island University
Top Sectors and Companies in Canada for MBA graduates
Sectors for MBA students in Canada
- Bain & Company
- AstraZeneca International
- Baylis Medical Company
- Bank of Canada
- Impact Consulting Group
- Procter & Gamble
We hope that this blog was able to help you get familiarized with all the essentials regarding MBA in Canada. Confused about finding the right MBA program in Canada? Get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts to get complete assistance in getting admission in your dream university. Sign up for a free session with us now!