In the third largest financial center of North America, rests Rotman School of Management. The school formally started its operations in 1950 and has been offering premier educational facilities since then. It offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in commerce, business administration, and finance.
Rotman School of Management
is based on a rigorous, problem-solving approach, that revolves around real-life models. Over the past decades, it has been successfully securing the top spot in the list of b-schools for study in Canada options. Let’s dive in deeper to know what makes Rotman so special.
- Rotman School of Management offers amongst Canada’s best recognized, largest and most-diversified MBA programs including:
- Full-time MBA program – 16 months of rigorous study schedule with four months of internship or summer courses making it a 20-month Course.
- Part-Time MBA – Morning or evening program where the student needs to devote two hours per day, twice a week. This arrangement helps to complete the program in 32 months and the best part of this program is that you can continue with your professional commitments.
- Joint MBA Program – You can combine various options like Law, Engineering, Pharmacy along with MBA
- Executive MBA – This is an intense 13-month long MBA program with four terms, each of which has a week-long on-campus residential session. This course is supposed to be for senior professionals with at least 7-8 years of work experience.
- MBA degree at Rotman come with majors in Investment Banking, Consulting, Brand management, Global management, Funds management, Health sector management, Innovation and entrepreneurship, Human resources management, and Risk management and Financial Engineering.
- The Rotman School of Management MBA offers a very unique exposure to its students in the form of Live Cases. Students face an ongoing business problem in real-time and apply the model-based decision making they have learned to solve that problem. It plays a crucial role in their overall learning process at the school.
Class Structure & Student Life
- The current annual class of the full-time MBA program constitutes of 350 students. International students make up to 52% of the class and nearly 40% of the class constitutes of female students. The class of 2019 have students from 35 countries and the majority of them are from Asia and North America. With an average age of 27 years and an average work experience of 4 years, the cohort is as a result well-versed with the relevant work knowledge even before starting with the program.
- Student clubs form an integral part of the MBA experience at Rotman. The industry clubs play a crucial role in student’s career exploration and success, while the cultural and social clubs allow them to build a network and explore their interests outside the class. Led and managed by students themselves. These clubs frequently organize case competitions, social and networking events, and also invite guest speakers.
- Rotman School of Management rests at the heart of the downtown campus of the University of Toronto. The St. George Street building and St. George Street houses all the degree programs and most of the school’s faculty and staff. The Commerce program is just a short distance away at the corner Bloor and St. George. The Executive Programs rest at a short walk south, at College Street.
- The campus houses a large area on the ground floor, ‘The Fleck Atrium’. Which is often used for public lectures, special events, and receptions. It has an open-air concept allowing the onlookers to observe the ongoing events from various floors. The glass ceiling of the atrium allows brightness throughout the interior.
- The Financial Research and Trading Lab allows students to access a gamut of data sets and financial analysis software packages. Numerous business competitions are organized in the lab throughout the year. Specifically, the Rotman International Trading Competition (RITC), which is an annual trading competition that features universities from around the world.
At Rotman School of Management, the best of minds come together to redefine expectations, reinvent models, and rethink assumptions. Irrespective of your career stage, you can go there to gain knowledge, confidence, and agility. The factors that are in great demand by today’s hyperactive world. If you are one of the aspirers of Rotman or any top b-school around the world, connect with one of the Leverage experts today for a seamless experience right from day 1 till you finally get into your dream school.