McGill University allows the students to choose from a wide range of specializations to broaden their understanding of business and give them an opportunity to gain expertise in the field of their interest. Mcgill University fees vary according to the course and specializations. It is one of Canada’s best-known institutions of higher learning and one of the leading universities in the world. With students coming to McGill from some 150 countries, the student body is the most internationally diverse of any research-intensive university in the country. This blog introduces you to the McGill University Fees!
This Blog Includes:
Why Study at McGill University?
- Mcgill University is one of Canada’s top institutions of higher learning and one of the leading research-intensive universities in the world.
- McGill ranks 1st in Canada among medical-doctoral universities (Maclean’s) and 21st in the world (QS World University Rankings). They count the best university Prize-winners among the faculty and alumni, as well as the top talent in every field from music to medicine, to business and science.
- With two campuses, a good no of faculties, some major programs of study, 34,500 students and 6,000+ academic staff members at Montréal and internationally, McGill provides a diverse and stimulating environment that generates bold ideas and creative solutions to real-world problems.
- McGill is a world-class university known for its outstanding achievements in teaching and research. Located in the heart of vibrant downtown Montréal – a cosmopolitan city with a renowned cultural scene – They are one of Canada’s best-known institutions of higher learning and one of the leading research-intensive universities in the world.
There are many reasons why students choose McGill University over other Canadian universities. Some reasons are listed below:
- Research: McGill University constantly ranks high amongst the countries leading research universities worldwide. The university has a strong faculty of 2,500 professors who are engaged in cutting edge research projects, which are funded by external grants and donations. This has led to the development of high impact research results across all disciplines at McGill University.
- Jobs: The demand for McGill graduates is regularly high, with 93% of undergraduate students employed within 3 months after graduation from the university. Students who have completed their education at McGill University have received job offers from top companies such as Deloitte Touche, IBM and Ernst & Young to name a few.
- Internationally recognized degrees: The degrees offered by McGill University are accredited and recognized internationally. There is a global network of alumni members across 150 countries, who are always ready to help fellow graduates with career advancement or other
You may also like: Canada Student Permit Guide 2022
Eligibility Requirements for McGill University
Following are the eligibility criteria for getting into McGill University:
- Class 12th Marks, Indian students need to maintain an overall average of 60%
- Graduation Certificate, Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree and any further academic qualifications.
- Post Graduation is not mandatory
- TOEFL-100/120 and a minimum score of 20 in each category
- To gain admission into the McGill University MBA program through English proficiency test scores or other specialized programs it is key to have an excellent score on your GMAT/GRE.
- You must also have a competitive GPA and several recommendations from professors to make your application
- Work experience- (24 Months) A minimum of two years of full-time work experience, following completion of an undergraduate degree is required
McGill University Faculties
McGill University offers several undergraduate and graduate programs under different faculties or departments. Given below are some popular McGill University courses:
- Faculty of Management: Under this division, McGill University courses in the field of Accounting, Economics and Finance, International Business and Management, and a lot more are given to assist the understudy with creating applied and logical abilities to match the requests of a powerful worldwide commercial centre.
- Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Science (Macdonald Campus): The courses in the field of Science under the Agricultural and Environmental Science.
- Faculty of Medicine: The four years Doctor of Medicine and Master of Surgery and 3 years Bachelor of Science program is given under this personnel. Understudies can likewise select a three years BScN-Nursing program just as a two years Bsc Nursing program under this personnel.
- Faculty of Dentistry: The Faculty of Dentistry gives B.Sc in Dental Preparatory and Doctorate Dental Surgery (DDS) programs for understudies who wish to have an effective vocation in Dentistry.
- Faculty of Arts: Under this faculty, a plethora of BA courses are provided as major
- Faculty of Science: The Faculty of Science covers several aspects of Engineering studies, Environment and Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering: Numerous specializations of BE and B.Sc are offered for an academic duration of 3 to 4 years under the Faculty of Engineering supports over 300 professors and offers more than 200 undergraduate programs and over 100 graduate programs.
McGill University Fees: Course-Wise
Here is a course-wise bifurcation of the McGill University Fees:
|Course||Fees/year (CAD)||Fees/year (INR)|
|M.Mgmt Analytics||46,424||34.4 lakhs|
|B.Com Management||45,235||33.6 lakhs|
|B.Com Marketing||45,235||33.6 lakhs|
|Medicine and HealthCare (7 Courses)||15,760- 37,541||9.2- 22 lakhs|
|Engineering (16 Courses)||15,943- 45,656||9.3- 26.7 lakhs|
|Science (1 Courses)||18,289||10.7 lakhs|
|Law (1 Course)||15,760||9.2 lakhs|
|Information Technology (IT) (3 Courses)||16,373- 37,458||9.6- 21.9 lakhs|
Cost of Living and Expenses in Canada
|Expense||in CAD||in INR|
|Incidental fees||2,000||1.1 lakhs|
|Health and Dental Insurance: Canadian and Permanent Residents||575||33,733|
|Health and Dental Insurance: International||1,247||73,156|
|Books and supplies||2,000||1.1 lakhs|
|Accommodations (rent and food)||13,800||8 lakhs|
|Personal Expenses (coat, boots, etc.)||1,500||92,692|
|Expenses (Estimated) Canadian and Permanent Resident||22,023||12.9 lakhs|
|Expenses (Estimated) International||22,695||13.3 lakhs|
Check out our blog: Cost of Studying in Canada
Full-Time Tuition and Financial Aid
|Aid||Fees (CAD)||Fees (INR)|
|Tuition waiver for Canadians and Permanent Residents||17,000||10 lakhs|
|Net tuition for Canadians and Permanent Residents||82,500||48.7 lakhs|
Scholarships for McGill University Students
MBA in McGill University can be pursued by receiving financial assistance through a large number of substantial MBA-specific scholarships and awards.
|Name of the scholarship||Amount Offered|
|McGill University International Entrance Awards||Not Specified|
|Forte Fellowship||INR 14.9 Lakhs|
|Sandhya and Swati Sharma MBA Leadership Award||INR 4.7 Lakhs|
|Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships||Not Specified|
|Forte Fellowship||INR 60,000|
Here was all the information about the McGill University Fees. Contact the experts at Leverage Edu if you are interested in applying to Canadian Universities such as McGill!