Canada is one of the most popular travel destinations in the world. It’s the 2nd largest country. Home to the longest coastline in the world; it’s safe to say, there are a number of incredible scenic views. With the travel industry growing exponentially since the border reopening across the globe, the demand for skilled professionals in the industry has risen. Travel and tourism courses in Canada are an excellent gateway to this industry with a starting salary of CAD $23,000 (INR 17,10,648).
This Blog Includes:
Why Study Travel and Tourism Courses in Canada?
As one of the fastest-growing industries in Canada, Tourism studies has emerged as the number one choice for students who wish to explore unique lifestyles. These travel and tourism courses are best suited for people who are interested in travelling, have a passion for new cultures and cuisines. It is also suited for people who enjoy using their knowledge about places to show people around. Great opportunities are available in Canada to fulfil your travelling dreams and make them your career. Canadians place great importance on the quality of education that is provided to their students, irrespective of their age or experience. Thus, travel and tourism courses in Canada would help in enriching your knowledge while providing you with an opportunity to learn from some of the best.
Here’s how you can Study in Canada After 10th!
Travel and Tourism Courses
There are postgraduate diplomas and master’s degrees that are available for pursuing travel and tourism courses in Canada. Some of them are:
- Hospitality and Tourism Operations Management: This is a fast-track course into one of the most dynamic industries in the world. There are incredible opportunities available for students who are interested in doing travel and tourism courses in Canada. This program allows you to gain the skills needed in the industry.
- Managing Festivals and Events: The Managing Festivals and Events program helps students who want to pursue travel and tourism courses in Canada to start with the basic knowledge and skills needed to work in the field. This lays the foundation for working in the field.
- Adventure Studies: This course provides a foundation in tourism-related subjects such as marketing, cultural issues, applied research methods, product operations and risk management.
- Tourism Experience Management: The program helps students who are interested in doing travel and tourism courses in Canada to gain a foundation in the industry. Subjects such as environmental issues and product development make this an excellent course.
- Tourism and Hospitality: This program examines the leading principles and theories that would shape the travel and hospitality industry.
- Tourism Management: The course allows students to learn how the economic, cultural and environmental issues of the tourism industry can be turned into opportunities.
Also Read: Hotel Management Courses
- Must be above the age of 18 and have passed their secondary board examination with a minimum of 60-70% (can be more depending on the college).
- IELTS score of 6 or more in all sections
- 60% or more in English in grade 12.
- Maths may be required for some specific exams
- Some internship or work experience in the required field
Travel and Tourism Courses in Canada
- Diploma in Tourism: Travel Services Management
- Diploma in Tourism Techniques
- Diploma in Food Tourism
- Diploma in Hospitality Skills
- Diploma in Baking and Pastry Arts Management
- Diploma in Bartending
- Diploma in Culinary Management
- Bachelor of Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Science in Tourism Development
- Bachelor of Business in Tourism and Hospitality
- Bachelor of Hotel and Food Administration
- Hospitality – Hotel and Restaurant Operations Management
- Bachelor of Culinary Arts and Food Science
- Bachelor of Global Tourism Management
- BA (Hons) in Hospitality & Tourism Management
- MS Hospitality Management Studies
- MA Tourism Management
- MA Hospitality Management
- MA Sustainable Leisure Management
- MBA in Travel and Tourism
Best Universities for Travel and Tourism Courses
Here are the top universities for students who wish to pursue travel and tourism courses in Canada.
- Vancouver Island University
- Thompson Rivers University
- Humber College
- Niagara College
- University of Waterloo
- University of Guelph
- Dalhousie University
- Centennial College
- Royal Roads University
- Seneca College
Average Fee for Travel and Tourism Courses
The average fee of pursuing travel and tourism courses in Canada is CAD 15,000- 20,000 per year. This is approximately INR 9-15 lakhs per year. The fees for such courses vary based on the type of courses and the number of years.
Scope and Salary for Travel and Tourism Courses in Canada
All regions of Canada have travel and tourism opportunities. However, there is currently a shortage of labour. This means that people who are pursuing travel and tourism courses in Canada are less than the number of people who are needed in the market.
- Being the 2nd largest country in the world, Canada is constantly trying to expand its travel and leisure labour force.
- Canada is a hot spot for travellers and tourists around the world. Someone who has the skills gained from pursuing a proper course in travel and tourism will be absorbed into the industry almost immediately.
- Airlines are constantly looking to hire people from Canada. Toronto has a large number of hotel chains that are constantly in a labour crunch.
- There are a number of different profiles that are available for students who pursue travel and tourism courses in Canada.
- The average salary for these profiles ranges from CAD 30,000-90,000 per year. This comes to approximately INR 18-45 lakhs per annum.
There are a number of different sub-industries that will employ people who have pursued travel and tourism courses in Canada. Some of the job profiles popular amongst travel and tourism graduates:
- Hotel Manager
- Resort Manager
- Service Tour Guide
- Travel Planner
- Tour Manager
- Event Coordinator
- Marketing Assistant
- Front Desk Officer
- Guest Relations Officer
- Customer Service Representative
- Food and Beverage Server
Also Read: Career in Cultural Tourism
The experts at Leverage Edu are available through the entire process of applying to travel and tourism courses in Canada. Get end-to-end support throughout the entire process of your application by booking a free session at 1800 572 000!