Is Digital Marketing a good career in Canada? With a bustling job market for digital marketing jobs and the total revenue spent by Canada on digital advertising is speculated to cross 7 billion dollars as per Statistica in 2020. As one of the choicest destinations amongst international students, Canada is home to many top universities offering a plethora of digital marketing and advertising courses. Looking for digital marketing courses in Canada for international students? Here we bring you the complete guide on Masters in Digital Marketing in Canada, Post graduate diploma in digital marketing in Canada, top universities, fees, scope, jobs and more!
|Types||MA/MSc/MBA in Digital Marketing/Post Graduate diploma in digital marketing in Canada|
|Universities||Centennial College; University of Winnipeg
University of Saskatchewan, York University, Seneca College
|Masters in Digital Marketing Canada Fees||14,000 CAD to 62,000 CAD
[8 Lakhs INR -35.5 Lakhs INR]
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study Digital Marketing in Canada
- Masters in Digital Marketing in Canada
- Popular Courses in Digital Marketing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Marketing in Canada
- Graduate Diploma & Certificate Digital Marketing in Canada
- Top Universities and Fees
- Top Digital Marketing Colleges in Canada
- Application Process
- Documents Required
- Subjects & Syllabus
- Eligibility Requirements
- Scope of Digital Marketing in Canada
- Job Profiles & Salary
- Scholarships for Masters in Digital Marketing
Why Study Digital Marketing in Canada
Apart from the unique curriculum, excellent staff, and dynamic students life, these are the other reasons to pursue digital marketing in Canada.
- High Demand and Investment: According to the ESDCm the demand for new job openings for digital marketing in 2019 excedded 46,000 and is expected to remain the same through 2019-2028. Canada has also increased its funding in this field which is expected to rise over 7 billion dollars by 2021.
- Many Employment Opportunities: As per a report by Job Bank Canada, employment in the country grew by 55,533 in the last quarter of 2019. Ontario had the largest hike in its employment rate and has nearly 18,450 people working in the field of digital marketing.
- High Paying Jobs: Students can expect an average salary of around 50,000 to 64,608 CAD per year. The top recruiters are Microsoft, Intel, Starbucks, KPMG, TechWyse, Delante.
Masters in Digital Marketing in Canada
A Masters in Digital Marketing is a postgraduate course offered by most Canadian universities. The duration of the course can be 1 to 2 years depending upon the institution and the curriculum. The program equips students with advanced level knowledge of brand promotion and how to adopt new techniques and methods to connect with consumers apart from aiding in skill development. Capturing data with the help of various tools is one of the major tasks handled by a Digital Marketing Expert. Studying a masters in Digital Marketing in Canada, students get to learn about the varied strategies that can help them effectively build an online presence and connect with their target audience.
Popular Courses in Digital Marketing
A masters in Digital Marketing in Canada is available in three categories, Master of Arts, Masters of Science, and Master of Business Administration (MBA). Depending on the degree, the course varies in terms of its syllabus and curriculum. An MBA program focuses on the implementation of Digital Marketing tools in the corporate sector; an MSc in Digital Marketing deals with the working of analytical tools in Marketing, whereas an MA in Digital Marketing delves deeper into the creative aspects of content in the domain of online marketing. Further, the duration can vary between 1-2 years. Completing your masters in Digital Marketing in Canada, you can discover a multitude of career prospects in the field of New Media. Here are the best Master’s Degrees in Digital Marketing in Canada:
|University of Guelph||MSc Marketing and Communication Studies||2 Years|
|Ryerson University||Master of Digital Media||1 Year|
|Queen’s University||MSc Management – Marketing||1 Year|
|The University of British
|MBA in Marketing||18 Months|
Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Marketing in Canada
Here are the top Postgraduate diploma courses in digital marketing in Canada:
|Centennial College||1. Postgraduate Certificate Communications –
2. Postgraduate Certificate – Marketing
3. Graduate Certificate in Marketing –
Research and Analytics
4. Global Business Management
5. Corporate Account Management
|1 Year – 2 years|
|University of Winnipeg||Postgraduate Certificate in Public Relations,
Marketing & Strategic Communication
|University of Winnipeg||Diploma in Marketing Management||2 Years|
|York University||PG Certificate in Digital and Content
Graduate Diploma & Certificate Digital Marketing in Canada
Apart from the above-mentioned courses for a masters in Digital Marketing in Canada, you can also opt for the following short-term certificate and postgraduate diploma programs available in this field:
- Graduate Certificate in Marketing: Digital Engagement Strategy
- Graduate Studies in Marketing Management
- Graduate Certificate in Marketing: Research & Analytics
- Diploma in Digital Marketing Specialist Co-op
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Relations, Marketing and Strategic Communication
- Postgraduate Certificate in Marketing Management
- Postgraduate Certificate in Digital and Content Marketing
- Diploma in Marketing and Digital Media
Top Universities and Fees
|University||Tuition Fee||Program Offered|
|University of Alberta||10 lakhs||MS Computer Science with Specialization in Multimedia|
|McMaster University||51 lakhs||EMBA in Digital Transformation|
|University of Waterloo||16 lakhs||MS in Digital Experience Innovation|
|Simon Fraser University||43 lakhs||MS in Digital Media|
|Laval University||8 lakhs||MBA in Digital Marketing|
|York University||27 lakhs||MS/MA in Digital Media|
|Ryerson University||13 lakhs||Master of Digital Media|
|Ontario Tech University||22 lakhs||MSc in the Digital Media|
|University of British Columbia||12 lakhs||MS in Digital Media|
Top Digital Marketing Colleges in Canada
Masters in Digital Marketing in Canada is offered by several universities and colleges in the country. It is always a better choice to pursue the course from a leading educational centre as they can not only provide excellent job opportunities but also give you the right industry exposure. So, if the “Where can I study digital marketing in Canada?” question bothers you then, be it for 1-year masters programs in Canada or for MBA in Digital Marketing, here are the top colleges to pursue masters or postgraduate diploma in digital marketing in Canada:
- Centennial College
- University of Winnipeg
- Edwards School of Business, University of Saskatchewan
- Schulich School of Business, York University
- Seneca College
- Humber College
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined to the Canada!
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the applications deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university!
- Official academic transcripts
- Scanned copy of passport
- CV/ Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Reference Letters
Fun Time! Here are some excellent Podcasts for Marketing Students!
Subjects & Syllabus
The major topics for Masters in Digital Marketing are:
- Customer Behaviour and Customer Relationship Management
- Data Analysis
- Content/Copywriting and Editing Skills
- SEO and SEM Skills
- Proficiency in Social Media Marketing
- Basic Design Skills
- Knowledge of Paid Advertising
- Mobile Marketing
- Technical knowledge of Digital Marketing tools like Google Analytics, Adword, WordPress, etc.
Every university has its own application process and a list of prerequisites to screen the aspirants. However, based on the general pattern followed by most of the Canadian universities, common eligibility criteria can be derived. Below we have enlisted some of the key requirements that you need to fulfil in order to be deemed eligible for a masters in Digital Marketing in Canada.
- A bachelor’s degree with an average CGPA from a recognized university.
- GRE or GMAT scores
- IELTS, TOEFL or PTE scores
- Statement of Purpose [SOP], Letter of Recommendation [LOR], Transcripts, Updated CV/Resume, etc.
Note: It is advised to go through the university website page before applying as some may require 2-3 years of work experience when it comes to pursuing MBA in Digital Marketing.
Scope of Digital Marketing in Canada
Once you have successfully concluded a masters in Digital Marketing in Canada, you can opt from a varied range of work prospects. To help you further in your research, listed below are some of the popular career paths available in the vast domain of Digital Marketing in Canada:
Digital Marketing Officer/Executive
As a Digitial Marketing Officer or Executive, your work would be to explore market trends and conduct detailed market research. You will have to formulate timely plans of action using various tools to implement all the latest trends for establishing a strong online presence of your organisation.
Media planners are hired by advertising agencies to satisfy the needs of their different clients. Drafting strategies related to news, radio, print media or mobile phone advertising fall under the job description of a media planner.
If you have a creative flair for writing and are good at words, then the career path of a copywriter might be the ideal one for you. As an advertising copywriter, you would be involved in designing promotional content for various social and mass media platforms. Excellent communication skills, creativity, good knowledge of the marketing tools are some key features required to excel in the job.
Media buyers work parallel with media planners playing the role of a negotiator between clients and the advertising agency. Their aim is to minimize the costs of advertising without compromising the quality of content.
Job Profiles & Salary
Digital marketing is a great choice as the demand for digital marketing is increasing every day. Companies advertise on television, radio, and newspaper but compared to before they are more focused to advertise and growing on digital media. Here are some of the popular job profiles with their salary structure via payscale:
|Job profile||Salary (INR) per annum|
|Content Managers & Strategists||8-10 Lakhs|
|SEO/SEM Specialists||6-12 Lakhs|
|Digital Marketing Managers||7.5- 10 Lakhs|
|Market Research Analysts||11-15 Lakhs|
|Campaign Specialist||9-11 Lakhs|
|PPC Specialist||8.5- 13 Lakhs|
|Brand Manager||10-13 Lakhs|
Scholarships for Masters in Digital Marketing
Canada offers many scholarships for international students. Some of the popular scholarships in Canada for Digital Marketing are tabulated below:
- Vanier Graduate Scholarships
- University of Waterloo International Funding
- University of Alberta International Scholarships
- York University Automatic Entrance Scholarship
- IDRC Research Awards
- Rotary Foundation Scholarships
- UWaterloo Graduate Entrance Scholarship
- UAlberta Master’s Entrance Scholarship
Marketing is an ever growing field in any country including Canada. There are a bunch of great opportunities for candidates graduating with a Digital Marketing course in Canada.
There are a bunch of universities offering Masters in Digital Marketing in Canada, here is the list of the best ones:
– Digital Marketing Institute
– Juno College
– Queen’s University
– Ryerson University
– Schulich School of Business
– Toronto School of Management
– UBC Sauder School of Business
– University Canada West
The average salary of a Digital Marketing professional in Canada is 58,500 Canadian dollars per year. In the beginning, you can expect a salary of 32,250 Canadian dollars which can grow up to 99,450 Canadian dollars with experience.
Hence, We hope that this blog provided you with the key features of a master in Digital Marketing In Canada. If you are planning to pursue this program, take the help of Leverage Edu’s AI tool which will help you browse through various universities offering this course and will connect you with the right mentor that can guide you throughout the admission process.