Interested in making a career in hospitality management after your bachelor’s? Pursue an MBA! MBA is a general management system that emphasizes management principles in different expertise. Each sector has a comprehensive MBA course that pursues practical preparation and comprehension to execute leadership tasks effectively. Hospitality management is just one of the many specializations students are keen on pursuing. An MBA in Hospitality Management is one of the most prestigious courses, and this blog covers every aspect of it. Read on!
|Full-Form||Master of Business Administration – Hospitality Management|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||Graduation with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized University|
|Admission Process||Merit and Entrance Based|
|Entrance Exams||CAT, GMAT, CMAT, etc|
|Average Course Fee||INR 30,000 to INR 5,00,000 per annum|
|Average Salary||INR 1,00,000 per annum for freshers with 0 years of experience.|
|Job Positions||Cabin Crew, Manager, Hospitality Executive, etc.|
|Higher Study Options||PhD or MPhil|
Also Read: Hotel Management Courses After 12th
This Blog Includes:
- What is MBA Hospitality Management?
- Why Study MBA in Hospitality Management?
- Skills Required in MBA Hospitality Management
- Eligibility Criteria for MBA Hospitality Management
- Admission Process
- Top Universities for MBA in Hospitality Management Abroad
- University of Sunderland, UK – MBA in Hospitality Management
- Les Roches Global Hospitality Education, Switzerland – MBA in Hospitality Management
- Business and Hotel Management School, Switzerland – MBA in Hospitality Management
- Schiller International University – Spain – MBA in Hospitality Management
- MBA Hospitality Management Colleges in India
- MBA in Hospitality Management Entrance Exams
- MBA in Hospitality Management Salary
- Top Recruiters
What is MBA Hospitality Management?
The MBA Hospitality Management course is a 2-year full-time postgraduate course. The program is a semester-based course. The objective of this course is to train professionals for different positions in the hospitality and hotel sectors.
Why Study MBA in Hospitality Management?
- An MBA in Hospitality prepares graduates for managerial jobs as well as other upper-level positions in worldwide hospitality, tourism, and service.
- To better prepare for their intended career, students can specialise and get experience in management, business development, marketing, and other essential areas.
- One of the most frequently touted advantages is the advantage provided by a Master’s degree in the job search. Graduates with advanced degrees have an advantage in the job market.
Skills Required in MBA Hospitality Management
|Analytical and problem-solving skills||Market research skills|
|IT skills to effectively collect, analyze and present information||Written communication skills|
|The ability to work well both independently and as a team||Strong knowledge of the Hospitality Industry|
|Organizational skills||Attention to detail|
|Excellent interpersonal skills||Understanding of relevant international and cultural contexts|
Eligibility Criteria for MBA Hospitality Management
The eligibility criteria for an applicant who is looking forward to pursuing an MBA in Hospitality Management are mentioned below. You can take a look here:
- Applicants looking to pursue a career in MBA Hospitality Management must have a Bachelor’s degree in any related subject from a respected board of university or college with a minimum aggregate ranking of fifty per cent.
- The candidate must possess great communication and strong language skills which are the main features of the program. He/she should also be able to network well with people and treat them with friendliness.
- Applicants also go through a group discussion and a personal interview session, which acts as a major criterion for the selection of candidates for entry to the reputable course.
- Business schools often evaluate applicants based on major considerations, such as 10th standard marks, 12th standard marks, completion rate, and work experience to include entry to the program.
- Admittance to the MBA Hospitality Management program is granted on the basis of the scores achieved by the student on the admissions test.
The MBA Hospitality entry process usually occurs based on merit, even though some private institutions also conduct entrance examinations. Any of the common entrance exams are CAT, XAT, GMAT, NMAT, etc., preceded by an application process. The application and admission process depends upon one establishment to the other as it matters the subjective issues.
In order to enter some business institutions in India, one must participate in the exam, such as the Common Admission Test (CAT), the Management Aptitude Test (MAT), etc. Some institutions have their very own entry test, and acceptance is made on the basis of the grades received. Such higher education institutions often have a face-to-face assessment following a standardized admissions test to select the correct prospects for the degree.
If the applicant wishes to study Hotel Management in a specific institution, he or she must ensure that the performance is above the cut-off point. It is recommended to search the University or College portal for the application form and information on the selection process.
Must Read: Best Hotel Management Colleges in India
Top Universities for MBA in Hospitality Management Abroad
Wondering how you can be a part of top-ranked universities offering MBA in Hospitality Management? Attend the Uniconnect Virtual Fair by Leverage Edu and get a chance to directly apply to your dream university with us. Register Now!
- University of Sunderland, UK
- Les Roches Global Hospitality Education, Switzerland
- James Cook University, Australia
- Schiller International University – Spain
- EU Business School, Spain
- Queen Margaet University, UK
- East Asia Institute of Management, Singapore
- Stamford International University, Bangkok
University of Sunderland, UK – MBA in Hospitality Management
The University of Sunderland is one of the top universities in the UK to pursue your career in Hospitality Management. The purpose of this program is to help their students get promoted to well-paid positions of entrepreneurship, either in the hospitality industry or in any other sector that they choose.
Les Roches Global Hospitality Education, Switzerland – MBA in Hospitality Management
The Les Roches Global Hospitality Education is a pioneer in the field of Hospitality Management. Switzerland is one of the top countries if you want to pursue a course in Hospitality or Hotel Management. This university management program is developed with industry experts which ensures maximum relevance to hospitality trends and demands.
Business and Hotel Management School, Switzerland – MBA in Hospitality Management
Business and Hotel Management School in Switzerland is another one of the schools that is very famous for its Hospitality Courses in Switzerland. The MBA program here is a joint program between BHMS Switzerland and City University of Seattle, USA. The purpose of this program is to help its students gear up for a business world in the hospitality industry.
Schiller International University – Spain – MBA in Hospitality Management
The Schiller International University in Spain offers courses in Hospitality Management which offers ideal places for graduates and professionals in the fields of business, hotel/restaurant management, tourism or related areas who wish to learn the niches of business in the hospitality industry.
MBA Hospitality Management Colleges in India
A huge proportion of colleges and universities provide MBA Hospitality Management courses and hotel management courses to students graduating from recognised universities and colleges in almost any related industry. A few of the best institutions providing the MBA Hospitality Management course are listed below:
- Gesto Culinary and Hospitality Academy, Hyderabad
- Coimbatore Institute of Management and Technology, Chennai
- Achariya School of Business and Technology, Pondicherry
- Biyani Institute of Science and Management, Jaipur
- Amity University
- Chandigrah University
- NIMS University
- Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University
- Lovely Professional University
MBA in Hospitality Management Entrance Exams
|Exam Name||Exam Date|
|CAT||November 27, 2022|
|XAT||January 08, 2023|
|MAT||February 19, 2023 (PBT Mode)February 26, 2023 (CBT Mode)March 04, 2023 (CBT Mode)|
|CMAT||March 26, 2023|
|GMAT||Throughout the year|
Here is a brief overview of the syllabus which is covered in the course of MBA Hospitality Management. Have a look:
|Airfares & Airlines Management||Communication Skills & Correspondence|
|Customer Relationship Management||Eco-Tourism|
|Emerging Trends in Hospitality||Event Management|
|Facility Management||Food & Beverage Management|
|International Hospitality Management||International Tourism & Management|
|Medical Tourism||Revenue Management|
|Safety and Security Management||Spa & Healthcare Management|
|Travel and Tourism Management||Principles & Practices of Tourism|
MBA in Hospitality Management Salary
There are a variety of career positions that a hospitality management student may qualify for. Here are some of the popular job profiles along with their salary structure via PayScale:
Explore: Bachelor of Hotel Management
|Jet Airways||The Oberoi|
|The Claridges||The Leela|
MBA Hospitality Management course is a 2-year full-time postgraduate course. The program is a semester-based course. The objective of this course is to train professionals for different positions in the hospitality and hotel sectors.
The salary for MBA in Hospitality Management varies for a variety of career positions that a hospitality management student may qualify for.
MBA in Hospitality Management is a 2-year full-time postgraduate course.
This was all about an MBA Hospitality Management. Applicants with a Graduate degree in Hospitality Management are all in fierce competition as they continue to define client needs and add income and revenue to the company. The curriculum covers a broad variety of subjects, such as the formation of personalities, values and business strategies. To know more about this Management Course, head over to Leverage Edu to learn more from our experts. Sign up for a free session today!