Interested in making a career in hospitality management after your bachelors? Pursue an MBA! MBA is a general management system that emphasizes on the management principles in different expertise. Each sector has a comprehensive MBA course that pursues practical preparation and comprehension to execute leadership tasks effectively. Hospitality management is just one of the many specializations students are keen on pursuing. An MBA in Hospitality Management is one of the most prestigious courses, and this blog covers every aspect of it. Read on!
|Eligibility Criteria||Bachelor’s Degree in any course|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam or Direct Admission|
Also Read: Hotel Management Courses After 12th
This Blog Includes:
- What is MBA Hospitality Management?
- Eligibility Criteria
- Admission Process
- Top Universities for MBA in Hospitality Management Abroad
- University of Sunderland, UK – MBA in Hospitality Management
- Les Roches Global Hospitality Education, Switzerland – MBA in Hospitality Management
- Business and Hotel Management School, Switzerland – MBA in Hospitality Management
- Schiller International University – Spain – MBA in Hospitality Management
- MBA Hospitality Management Colleges in India
- Job Profiles & Salary
What is MBA Hospitality Management?
MBA Hospitality Management course is a 2-year full-time postgraduate course. The program is a semester-based course. The objective of this course is to train professionals for different positions in the hospitality and hotel sectors.
The eligibility criteria for an applicant who is looking forward to pursuing an MBA in Hospitality Management is mentioned below. You can take a look here:
- Applicants looking to pursue a career in MBA Hospitality Management must have a Bachelor’s degree in any related subject from a respected board of university or college with a minimum aggregate ranking of fifty per cent.
- The candidate must possess great communication and strong language skills which are the main features of the program. He/she should also be able to network well with people and treat them with friendliness.
- Applicants also go through a group discussion and a personal interview session, which acts as a major criterion for selection of candidates for an entry to the reputable course.
- Business schools often evaluate applicants based on major considerations, such as 10th standard marks, 12th standard marks, completion rate, work experience to include entry to the program.
- Admittance to the MBA Hospitality Management program is granted on the basis of the scores achieved by the student in the admissions test.
The MBA Hospitality entry process usually occurs based on merit, even though some private institutions also conduct entrance examinations. Any of the common entrance exams are CAT, XAT, GMAT, NMAT, etc., preceded by an application process. The application and admission process depends upon one establishment to the other as it matters the subjective issues.
In order to enter some business institution in India, one must participate in the exam, such as the Common Admission Test (CAT), the Management Aptitude Test (MAT), etc. Some institutions have their very own entry test, and acceptance is made on the basis of the grades received. Such higher education institutions often have a face-to-face assessment following a standardized admissions test to select the correct prospects for the degree.
If the applicant wishes to study Hotel Management in a specific institution, he or she must ensure that the performance is above the cut-off point. It is recommended to search the University or College portal for the applications form and information of the selection process.
Must Read: Best Hotel Management Colleges in India
Top Universities for MBA in Hospitality Management Abroad
Wondering how you can be a part of top-ranked universities offering MBA in Hospitality Management? Attend the Uniconnect Virtual Fair by Leverage Edu and get a chance to directly apply to your dream university with us. Register Now!
- University of Sunderland, UK
- Les Roches Global Hospitality Education, Switzerland
- James Cook University, Australia
- Schiller International University – Spain
- EU Business School, Spain
- Queen Margaet University, UK
- East Asia Institute of Management, Singapore
- Stamford International University, Bangkok
University of Sunderland, UK – MBA in Hospitality Management
The University of Sunderland is one of the top universities in the UK to pursue your career in Hospitality Management. The purpose of this program is to help their students get promoted to well-paid positions of entrepreneurship, either in the hospitality industry or in any other sector that they choose.
Les Roches Global Hospitality Education, Switzerland – MBA in Hospitality Management
The Les Roches Global Hospitality Education is a pioneer in the field of Hospitality Management. Switzerland is one of the top countries if you want to pursue a course in Hospitality or Hotel Management. This university management program is developed with industry experts which ensures maximum relevance to hospitality trends and demands.
Business and Hotel Management School, Switzerland – MBA in Hospitality Management
Business and Hotel Management School in Switzerland is another one of the schools that is very famous for its Hospitality Courses in Switzerland. The MBA program here is a joint program between BHMS Switzerland and City University of Seattle, USA. The purpose of this program is to help its students gear up for a business world in the hospitality industry.
Schiller International University – Spain – MBA in Hospitality Management
The Schiller International University in Spain offers courses in Hospitality Management which offers ideal places for graduates and professionals in the fields of business, hotel/restaurant management, tourism or related areas who wish to learn the niches of business in the hospitality industry.
MBA Hospitality Management Colleges in India
A huge proportion of colleges and universities provide MBA Hospitality Management courses and hotel management courses to students graduating from recognised universities and colleges in almost any related industry. A few of the best institutions providing the MBA Hospitality Management course are listed below:
- Gesto Culinary and Hospitality Academy, Hyderabad
- Coimbatore Institute of Management and Technology, Chennai
- Achariya School of Business and Technology, Pondicherry
- Biyani Institute of Science and Management, Jaipur
- Amity University
- Chandigrah University
- NIMS University
- Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University
- Lovely Professional University
Here is a brief overview of the syllabus which is covered in the course of MBA Hospitality Management. Have a look:
|Airfares & Airlines Management||Communication Skills & Correspondence|
|Customer Relationship Management||Eco-Tourism|
|Emerging Trends in Hospitality||Event Management|
|Facility Management||Food & Beverage Management|
|International Hospitality Management||International Tourism & Management|
|Medical Tourism||Revenue Management|
|Safety and Security Management||Spa & Healthcare Management|
|Travel and Tourism Management||Principles & Practices of Tourism|
Job Profiles & Salary
There are a variety of career positions that a hospitality management student may qualify for. Here are some of the popular job profiles along with their salary structure via PayScale:
Explore: Bachelor of Hotel Management
This was all about an MBA Hospitality Management. Applicants with a Graduate degree in Hospitality Management are all in fierce competition as they continue to define client needs and add income and revenue to the company. The curriculum covers a broad variety of subjects, such as the formation of personalities, values and business strategies. To know more about this Management Course, head over to Leverage Edu to learn more from our experts. Sign up for a free session today!