XAT is an acronym used for Xavier’s Aptitude Test which is one of the prestigious MBA entrance exams to get into the Indian Institutes. Yearly, the exam is conducted by Xavier School of Management (XLRI Jamshedpur) to shortlist talented young minds who can study various MBA courses. Considered as one of the most popular competitive exams, the XAT score is accepted by more than 150 colleges like SP Jain Mumbai, IMT Ghaziabad, XLRI Jamshedpur etc. For all the XAT 2022 aspirants, here is a blog which aims to elucidate multiple intricacies of the exam.
This Blog Includes:
Want a Free Career Counselling Session? Register Here!
XAT Important Dates
Before beginning with the blog, let us check out the latest dates of it:
|Registration starts||Second week of September, 2021|
|Admit Card Download||Third week od December, 2021|
|XAT Exam Date||02-Jan-2022 (tentative)|
|XAT Exam Result||Third week of January 2022|
Note: The exact dates for the 2022 intakes will be updated soon after the release of official notification.
Before starting with the registration process, it is mandatory to check the entry requisites or the eligibility criteria put down by the official authorities. Candidates must make sure that it is compulsory to fulfil all the entry requisites in order to sit for the examination. Following are the entry requisites for the XAT exam:
- Applicants must have a bachelors degree from a recognized institution and the duration of the program must be at least 3 years. Final year students can also apply for the exam
- Students belonging to foreign origin or NRIs are also allowed to appear in the XAT exam if they possess the valid GMAT score
- For the 2022 exam, there is no age limit for the aspirants
XAT Exam Registration
The registration for the exam is an online process that can be done on the official website of XLRI. After visiting the website, you need to fill in the details and submit the application. It is important that you fill out the form carefully as the portal does not allow any changes after the application is submitted. The registration fee for the exam is ₹1700/- which is to be paid at the time of application.
To qualify for a competitive exam with flying colours, it is advised to critically examine its format and pattern. With a sound understanding of the exam format, you will be able to get estimate the face of the questions paper and the types of questions that will be asked in the XAT 2022. The exam will be computer-based and all the questions will be in MCQ format. For every correct answer, 1 mark will be given and 0.25 will be deducted for incorrect answer. For more than 12 unattempted questions there will be a negative marking of 0.05. The total duration of the exam is 180 minutes. The exam consists of 2 parts:
- Part 1 -Verbal and Logical Ability; Decision Making; Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
- Part 2– General Knowledge
Here are sectional details of the exam:
|Part 1||Number of questions|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||27|
|Part 2||Number of questions|
Before you start with the preparation of the exam, it is advised to carefully go through the prescribed syllabus. Once you gauge the syllabus, it will be easier to develop a preparation strategy and ace the XAT exam. Let us have a look at the important topics of the syllabus of 2022 exam:
- General Knowledge: History, Literature, Polity, Nations and States, Business Economics, Awards and Recognition, Society, International Relations etc.
- Verbal and Logical Ability: Critical reasoning, Para jumble, Fill in the blanks, Jumbled paragraphs, Reading Comprehension, completion of sentences, vocabulary etc
- Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation: Speed and Distance, Heights and Distance, Direction sense and time, Data interpretation, Arithmetic, Clocks, Geometry, Probability, Mensuration 2D and 3D etc.
- Decision Making: Data Arrangement Test, Cases Lets, Decision Making in a Situation, Condition and Grouping Test etc
- Essay: An essay based on a social or economic situation or event will be given in the exam
How to Prepare for XAT 2022?
If you also aspire to attain a reputable management degree from XLRI, here are some efficient tips and tricks which will help you ace the XAT examination-
- Start your preparation as early as possible and add ample time in it. End moment preparation is of no good use and may lead to utter confusion.
- You must begin by analysing the XAT syllabus. Jot down the syllabus of every section as well as what all concepts are covered under each section through this you will easily get familiar with the concepts that you have to study.
- Approach every section with level 0. Yes, you must begin your preparation for XAT from scratch. Begin by forming your base on every topic and do not rush at the step.
- Make notes and formula sheets for all the sections so that you can quickly revise them even if you are not studying
- Out of all the Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation section is considered to be the toughest one, hence, take your time with the section and practice as many questions as you can.
- Do not forget to go through the sample papers as well as previous years question paper which will help you have an idea about the upcoming question paper
Q. How will I get to know that my application is registered?
Once you will submit the application form successfully, you will receive a XAT ID and password, make sure that you save it or write it down. Otherwise, you will not be able to log in again.
Q. How can I edit the details I mentioned in the form?
Once the application is submitted it cannot be edited further.
This was all about the upcoming XAT exam. If you are aiming to study MBA, then universities abroad offer excellent management programmes with great ROI. Wondering how to apply to top business schools? Let Leverage Edu be your helping hand, book an E-meeting with us and give your career the right push!