Innovation Management courses are designed to provide students with an understanding of the innovation process, from ideation to commercialisation. They cover a wide range of topics, including design thinking, business strategy, market analysis, product development, and more. Whether you’re an entrepreneur looking to start your own business, a manager in a corporate setting, or a student seeking to make a career in innovation, this is for you.
This Blog Includes:
What is Innovation Management?
Innovation Management is a multi-disciplinary course that equips students with the skills and knowledge required to manage and drive innovation in their respective industries. The methods for the same can be incremental, breakthrough, or disruptive.
The 4 Types of Innovation are:
- Disruptive Innovation.
- Incremental Innovation.
- Sustaining Innovation.
- Radical Innovation
Innovation Management Courses
These are the courses that students can pursue after 10+2 and completion of graduation
If you want to pursue this subject after 10+2, these are some course options:
- B.Tech in Innovation and technology
- BE in Innovation and management
- B.Sc In Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management
These are the Maser course options:
- M.Sc in Innovation Management
- M.Sc in Strategic innovation Management
- M.Sc in Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship
- M.Tech in Innovation Management
- MA in Innovation Management
- MS in Economic and Innovation Management.
These are some Top Universities under this category:
|Universities||QS Ranking 2023|
|The University of leeds||86|
|University College Cork||303|
|The University Of Bristol||61|
|University Of Regina||1001-1200|
|Central Queensland University||651-700|
|University Of Sussex||240|
To be eligible, you need to have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Some institutions may also require a minimum GPA score or work experience, depending on the program.
- For undergraduate courses, a minimum percentile of 50% marks in the secondary board examination is required.
For Post Graduate
- Students must graduate with aggerate of 55% in the field of B.Sc in Innovation Management, or any other related course.
English Language Requirements
The candidate will be required to Submit the English proficiency test during admission
The admission process typically involves the submission of an online application, along with your academic transcripts and a personal statement. Some institutions may also require you to take an entrance exam or attend an interview as part of the admission process.
These ae some of step which makes your admission process easy:
- We will help you select your course through our trusted AI Course Finder.
- Experts at Leverage Edu will then start with your application process at the respective university.
- You’ll have to gather and compile all the necessary documents such as SOPs, Essays, LORs and IELTS, TOEFL.
- Experts at Leverage Edu will then start with the application process for accommodation, student visas, and scholarships/student loans after submitting your application and the required documents.
- The time has come to wait for your offer letter which usually takes around 4-6 weeks.
These are some of the lists of the main document required for admission:
- Educational Certificates including 10th and 12th Marksheets/ passing certificates.
- Passport size Photo
- Entrance Examination Score Card if any
- Evidence of Citizenship
A typical course curriculum includes subjects such as:
- Technology Concepts
- Design and Manufacturing Management
- Innovation Strategies
- Creative Thinking and Reasoning
- Impact of Globalisation
- Product Analysis
- Conceptual Design
- Idea Visualisation
- Design Research
- Value Creation, etc.
The fee for the various courses under this program depends on the institution offering the course and the duration of the program. On average, the fees of undergraduate and postgraduate courses range from INR 8.2 lakh to INR 16.5 lakh. Some institutions may also offer scholarships or financial aid to eligible students.
The students carry the scope to land roles under the below mentioned job profiles.
- Operations Manager.
- Technology Project Leader.
- Program Manager.
- Director of HR Technology and Innovation.
- Senior Director of Marketing Technology.
- Global Transportation Technology Director.
Jobs Prospect and Salary
|Job Title||Starting Average Salary (in INR)|
|Operations Manager||7-10 LPA|
|Technology Project Leader||5-8 LPA|
|Project Manager||8-12 LPA|
|Senior Director of Marketing & Innovation||12-15LPA|
|Product innovation Head||10-12Lpa|
These are the top Recruiters are:
- Maruti Suzuki
- TATA Motors
- Boston consulting Group
Some of the major challenges in innovation management are:
Lack of Ownership.
No Innovation Ecosystem
The essential components of innovation management for continuous improvement are gathering creative suggestions from employees at all levels, developing an engaged workforce, praising employees’ efforts, and successfully communicating with all stakeholders.
You may generate new goods, cut expenses, and greatly improve your development process by managing and fostering innovation. Companies that do not prioritise innovation management run the risk of introducing old products to the market.
This was all about Innovation Management. Stay tuned to Wings by Leverage Edu for more such informative blogs. If you want to know more, our experts can help you explore the various programs offered around the world and assist you to find a suitable one so that you can realise your study abroad goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.