Officially known as the Republic of Korea, South Korea has made a place for itself among the top chosen destinations for higher studies. With its world class levels of schooling, it has been included in the list of countries with the best education system. With a large section of the population, holding a tertiary education degree, South Korea is counted as one of the most educated countries in the world! South Korea is chosen by aspirants who wish to pursue MBA abroad because of multiple reasons, primary one being the job market. So, if you are planning to study MBA in South Korea then here is a blog that might be of help to you.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study in South Korea?
For students planning to pursue studies abroad, this question might strike them as to why choose South Korea for studying MBA. Well, to answer that we must talk about the immersive culture and world class education facility, the country has to offer. The cost of living is also not very expensive compared to other countries and the safety of students is also taken care of. If students need financial assistance, a number of scholarships are provided too and the competitive education system prepares the students well for the job market.
Aspirants planning to pursue MBA in South Korea must meet the basic eligibility criteria for securing admission to South Korean Universities for MBA.
- Students must hold a bachelor’s degree in any related subject.
- Students must appear for TOEFL, GMAT and IELTS and secure valid scores.
- Different universities have different eligibility criteria, students must make it a point to read the eligibility criteria of each university before applying.
Top MBA Colleges in South Korea
Although there are too many universities in South Korea, the number of MBA colleges are not many. In this section, we have listed the top MBA colleges in South Korea.
|Sol Bridge International School of Business||Daejon|
When to Apply?
South Korea follows a 2-semester system. So, if you are an aspirant who is planning to study MBA in South Korea and want to know the details then this might be of help to you:
- The academic calendar begins in March
- For March enrollments, the applications are accepted between September-November
- For September enrollments, applications are accepted between May and June.
Average Fees for MBA in South Korea
The average fees for studying an MBA in South Korea is INR 14.95 Lacs/ Year. The cost of living varies depending upon different factors. We have made an average budget of the living expenses that will be incurred per semester while studying there:
|Dormitories||$600-$1,400 [Rs 42,000-Rs 99,000]|
|Boarding House||$300-$600 [Rs 21,000-Rs 42,000]|
|Rented Apartments||$300 [Rs 21,000]|
|Other Expenses (Food, Medical Insurance etc)||$400-$500 [Rs 28,000-Rs 35,000]|
These costs might vary depending upon the city and university chosen.
Scholarships Available – MBA in South Korea
For students who need financial assistance, few scholarships are also provided to cover up for the studying expenses incurred. Listed below are the scholarships available:
- Sol Bridge International Scholarship – SolBridge Admission Scholarships is offered by the Sol Bridge International School of Business. It provides partial funding for international students applying for MBA programmes.
- Forte Fellowship Programme – Offered by Forte Foundation. Provides partial funding to international students pursuing MBA. Students eligible for this scholarship are: Open to all nationalities
- Amba 50th Anniversary Scholarships – This scholarship is awarded to those who pursue MBA in Business and can be taken at AMBA-accredited Business Schools only.
So, this is all you need to know about MBA in South Korea. Hope it solved some of your major doubts and helped you make a decision. Planning to pursue studies abroad and need help with the process? Get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts and for more such content stay connected with Leverage Edu!