Counted among the top 20 universities in the world, the University of British Columbia (UBC) is a world-leading centre of teaching, learning and research excellence. With its two main campuses located in Vancouver and Kelowna, the UBC has emerged as one of the most sought after universities for both undergraduate and graduate studies. With its motto “It is Yours”, UBC aims to create a progressive atmosphere for its students where they can grow, innovate and get equipped to change the society. UCB offers a number of short-time and full-time courses to its students in diverse fields. Due to all this, there is a tough competition to become a part of this prestigious institution. Scroll through this blog to know the University of British Columbia Acceptance Rate.
This Blog Includes:
- University of British Columbia Acceptance Rate for Bachelors Courses
- University of British Columbia Acceptance Rate for Masters
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Process
- Popular Intakes
- University of British Columbia: Fees
- Popular Courses in UBC
University of British Columbia Acceptance Rate for Bachelors Courses
As one of the top universities of the world and Canada, UBC witnesses fierce competition every year from aspirants who wish to be a part of UBC. The acceptance rate at the University of British Columbia is over 50% for Bachelors level courses. The admission process of the University is one such which provides the candidates with ample opportunity to showcase their skills and make a place for themselves in UCB solely on the basis of their academic standing.
University of British Columbia Acceptance Rate for Masters
There are a number of graduate programs at the University of British Columbia to choose from. Starting from Accounting, Education, Global Change, Manufacturing, Religion and Ethnicity, UBC offers a variety of options ranging in diverse fields. When it comes to graduate courses, it is highly competitive compared to its undergraduate programs. The acceptance rate of the University of British Columbia for masters programs is 18%. If you want to be amongst this 18% you need to show incredible academic performance and along with it a sense of strong individuality.
Here’s a complete guide on Masters in Canada!
The undergraduate students at the University of British Columbia can choose from a number of courses related to varying fields including Business, media, fine arts, linguistics, law, politics, history, etc. Depending on your skills and interests you can choose the right course for yourself.
In UCB, every course has a specific step of eligibility criteria that you need to fulfil in order to make a place for yourself in it. But there are some basic requirements that every UCB aspirant needs to fulfil in order to be eligible for applying.
- Must have completed their high school from a reputed institution with commendable academic performance.
- International students must have taken any one of the English language proficiency tests within 24 months of the submission of the application. Applicable tests include IELTS, TOEFL, CAEL, PTE.
Postgraduate and Research-based Courses
- The candidate wishing to pursue a masters from UCB must have completed their undergraduate from a reputed institution. Doctorate (PhD) level aspirants must have a masters degree in any related field. For India candidates, the University must be accredited by India’s National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with a grade of A or better.
- Must have finished bachelor’s/ masters with a first-class division or equivalent CGPA.
- International students must have taken any one of the English language proficiency tests within 24 months of the submission of application. Applicable tests include IELTS, TOEFL, CAEL, PTE.
Must Read: University of Toronto Acceptance Rate
The best way to prepare for your application is to prepare ahead of time. The application procedure for the University of British Columbia takes place online through their official website for both undergraduate and graduate programs. You can register yourself through the link given below and then log in to submit all the necessary documents to complete the application procedure. Here is the application portal link.
- The application process for both the programs is easy to follow. Candidates are required to register online and fill out the form for their desired courses.
- Candidates can to multiple programs at the university, however, the application form and the program fees will be separate for each program.
- UBC offers two campuses- Vancouver and the Okanagan and students can choose between either campuses.
- Candidates have to meet the general requirements, degree- specific and language skills.
- The application form consists of sections like personal details, academic details and personal profile where candidates have to write an essay on their experience, strengths and interests. All these sections are important part of the application process and need to be addressed.
Now that we have examined the University of British Columbia acceptance rate, let’s look at the popular intakes for the university. The university offers two major intakes:
- Summer Intakes (May to August)
- Winter Intakes (September to April)
University of British Columbia: Fees
The University of British Columbia maintains 100% transparency and uploads course-wise tuition fees for its students to compare. The tuition fees for UG courses for international students ranges between $38,000. to $50,000 (can be more). Here is the list of popular courses and their tuition cost-
|UG Courses||Tuition Cost for International Students|
|Design in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, and Urbanism||$41,857.80|
Popular Courses in UBC
- Behavioural Neuroscience
- Civil Engineering
- International Relations
The low acceptance rate and the level of competition makes getting into UBC a difficult task. But if you have the right qualifications and fulfil all the eligibility criteria then you can make a space for yourself in this esteemed organisation.
The University of British Columbia is one of the top public universities in Canada. It was ranked #45 in QS Global World Rankings 2021.
The University of British Columbia is one of the four Universities which come under the category of the “Canadian ivy” and that explains the high acceptance rate of UBC.
The acceptance rate is over 50% for bachelors courses while 18% for masters courses.
We hope that this blog gave you all the information regarding the University including the acceptance rate of the University of British Columbia. But in case you have any other queries related to UBC, you can contact over Leverage Edu experts who are all there to help you out. So, sign up for a free session now.