The UK is home to the world’s best and most prestigious law schools. King’s College London is ranked #7 in the world by The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021. The experience of pursuing LLM in King’s College London is incomparable. The course is best for recent graduates and experienced professionals as the course are focused on innovative and problem-solving teaching methods. Let’s explore everything you need to know about LLM in King’s College London.
|Course Name||LLM or Masters of Law|
|Institution Name||King’s College London|
|School||Dickson Poon School of Law|
|Duration of Course||1 year|
|Study Mode||Full-time and Part-time|
|Tuition Fee||₹31.15 lakhs|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study LLM at King’s College London?
- About LLM in King’s College London Course
- Types of LLM Programs at King’s College London
- Entry Requirements for King’s College LLM
- How to Apply for LLM at King’s College London?
- Cost of Studying at King’s College
- Scholarships and Bursaries
- Famous Alumni of King’s College LLM
Did you know Sarojini Naidu was given a scholarship by the Nizam of Hyderabad’s trust to study at King’s College London?
Why Study LLM at King’s College London?
King’s College LLM has a reputation of being an academic qualification recognised throughout the world for the highly skilled lawyers it produces. Here are some of the key features of King’s College LLM that are convincing about its global reputation:
- Dickson Poon School of Law is one of the best law schools in the world.
- King’s College London is popular for its deep research material that is required majorly while doing case studies for LLM.
- King’s College teaches 1 general LLM and 9 specialisations in LLM.
- LLM program is designed to tap your intellectual potential to the maximum level.
Did you know King’s College London is ranked 35th best university in the world by QS World University Ranking 2022?
About LLM in King’s College London Course
The King’s College LLM is a 1-year program that allows international students to apply for the September intake in UK. You can either pursue it full-time for a year or part-time for 2 years. If you want to pursue an LLM Course from King’s College London, you have options- either do a general LLM or one of their specialisations. After graduating from King’s College LLM, you can go on to become various types of lawyers like a divorce lawyer, sports lawyer, litigation lawyer, etc.
Types of LLM Programs at King’s College London
- Masters of Law LLM
- Competition Law LLM
European Law LLM
- Intellectual Property and Information Law LLM
- International Business Law LLM
- International Financial Law LLM
- International Dispute Resolution LLM
- International Tax Law LLM
- Law and Technology LLM
- Transitional Law LLM
- International Financial and Commercial Law LLM
Did you know King’s alumni and staff network include 14 Nobel Laureates?
Entry Requirements for King’s College LLM
- LLB with a minimum of 65% from the best law colleges in India
- IELTS– 6.0/ TOEFL– 80
- Statement of Purpose of maximum 4,000 characters
- Updated Resume/CV
King’s College LLM doesn’t require you to send in recommendations from your faculty or direct supervisor. Even if you send them, they won’t be considered when deciding your admission. Remember the application portal for King’s College LLM is open now for the September 2022 intake. The submission deadline for the same is on Friday, 25th March 2022.
Did you know Reggie a red lion is King’s mascot born in the 1920s?
How to Apply for LLM at King’s College London?
- Since the application deadline is March 2022, you can start preparing for your English proficiency test now.
- Make sure you have all the academic transcripts in the English language before applying.
- You can apply through King’s Apply online portal and attach all the required documents for studying in UK Universities.
- Submit your application before the deadline and track your application status through this portal
- After you apply, in a processing time of 2 to 3 weeks you might receive the letter of acceptance. UK Visa application should start soon after. For King’s College LLM, you should apply for the UK Tier 4 visa. Practise for your visa interview with these questions and answers.
Isn’t King’s College London a perfect blend of historical preservation and modern pedagogy? Let’s unravel King’s College London Acceptance Rate and check your chances of getting accepted or not!
Cost of Studying at King’s College
|Type of cost||Expense|
|Tuition fee||₹31.15 lakhs (full-time)₹15.19 lakhs (part-time)|
Living in UK can be expensive depending on your accommodation and how far you live from your college. In regards to the King’s College London which is situated in Strand, London, the best option is to stay in London. Here’s how your cost of living would look like if you pursue King’s College LLM:
|Type of cost||Average expense|
|Accommodation||₹61,820-₹1,13,340 per month|
|Travel||₹8,815 per month|
|Food||₹5,150-₹10,300 per month|
|Entertainment||₹5,670-₹12,320 per month|
|Utilities||₹18,540 per month|
To estimate your personalised cost of living in London based on your preferences, use our cost of living calculator for absolutely free!
Scholarships and Bursaries
A lot of Indian students look for scholarships in UK since studying abroad can burn a hole in your pocket. For King’s College LLM, here’s a list of scholarships you can apply for if you are an Indian student:-
|Postgraduate Master’s Loan||11,570 or ₹||June 2022|
|Bosco Tso & Emily Ng Scholarship||22,500 or ₹||16th July 2022|
|Norman Spink Scholarship||10,000 or ₹||16th July 2022|
|Dr Monica Malik Refugee Bursary||10,000 or ₹||25th July 2022|
Did you know UK’s largest medical museum is at King’s College London?
Famous Alumni of King’s College LLM
Various members of Parliament and law ministers have once roamed the halls of King’s College doing their LLM. The list of prominent leaders that have studied King’s College LLM is endless and they hold important roles in national governments.
- Shafique Ahmed- Bangladeshi Justice Minister
- Sir Robin Auld- Former Lord Justice of Appeal
- Alvin Yeo- Singapore Member of Parliament
- Jaishankar Manilal Shelat- Judge, Supreme Court of India
- Dan Sarooshi- Professor of Public International Law at Oxford University
Did you know that Barack Obama studied at Columbia University? Check out the illustrious alumni of Columbia University.
Are you planning to study LLM in King’s College London? Our Leverage Edu experts will guide you from the application to the Visa process. Call us at 1800 57 2000 and kickstart your study abroad journey today!