An MSc Management in UK program is designed to prepare students for leadership, professionalism, hospitality, and the management of many facets of events. The program combines theory and practice in the learning process. It has emerged as a popular master’s degree and an alternative to an MBA degree. So, if you want to pursue MSc Management in the UK then here are the top universities, course curriculum, cost, the application process, documentation requirements, along with the benefits!
This Blog Includes:
Why Study MSc Management in UK?
Studying in the UK is the second most popular option among international students, as per the University College London’s Centre for Global Higher Education. Hence, there is a high scope of pursuing MSc Management in UK:
- The degree will provide you with the most in-demand abilities that big and small firms are looking for when hiring people for research roles in a variety of fields, from sales to event management.
- Graduates can work in a plethora of businesses including private event management firms. They can even use what they’ve learned to the management and transformation of businesses, allowing them to compete effectively in the rapidly changing worldwide sector of management.
- Top universities in the UK do not require students to primarily have work experience for getting admission in MSc Management in UK.
- Pursuing MSc Management in UK is much cheaper than going for an MBA degree in the UK.
Also Read: MSc Supply Chain Management in UK
Given below is the course curriculum of MSc Management in UK as per the University of Manchester. These are the latest examples of the curriculum of course of study.
- Foundations of Management
- Introduction to Accounting
- Marketing & Marketing Management
- Business Performance & Strategy
- Sustainability and Social Responsibility
- Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship
- Organisational Psychology
- Comparative Employment Relations and International HRM
- Trends in Global Business and Management
- Business Research Projects
List of Top Universities for MSc Management in UK
Candidates pursuing an MSc Management degree in the United Kingdom are taught how to strategize, design, and implement methods to manage events. According to the QS World University Rankings 2022, below are the leading universities for MSc Management in UK along with the courses offered.
|QS World University Rankings 2022||University||Courses Offered||Explore|
|London Business School||Masters in Management||Explore Now!|
|49||London School of Economics and Political Science||MSc Management and Strategy||Explore Now!|
|7||Imperial College London||MSc in Management||Explore Now!|
|61||University of Warwick||MSc in Business with Operations Management;
MSc in Management for Business Excellence
|Cranfield University||MSc in Management and Entrepreneurship;
MSc in Management and Human Resource Management
|82||Durham University||MSc in Management – Entrepreneurship;
MSc in Management (Supply Chain Logistics)
|601 – 650||Coventry University||MSc in Management||Explore Now!|
|166||University of Bath||MSc in Entrepreneurship and Management;
MSc in International Management
|16||University of Edinburgh||MSc in Management;
MSc in Management of Bioeconomy, Innovation and Governance
|27||University of Manchester||MSc in Management (Entrepreneurship);
MSc in Management (International Business);
MSc in Management (Marketing)
|92||University of Leeds||MSc in Management||Explore Now!|
Cost of Studying MSc Management in UK
The cost of an MSc Management in UK ranges from 20,000 to 36,600 GBP (INR 20 lakhs – 37 lakhs). It is crucial to note that the cost of management in the United Kingdom can differ from one university to another. The cost can also differ based on whether students enrol in full-time or part-time programs. When calculating the MSc in Management in UK cost, students must account for other expenses such as living, food, library, laboratory, medication, and sports.
- Candidates are required to have an upper second class honours (2:1) degree or an equivalent undergraduate degree with 60% – 70% aggregate marks.
- Scores of English proficiency tests such as IELTS (6.5 – 7.0) and TOEFL (93 – 100).
- GMAT/GRE is not a mandatory requirement but it is suggested that having one is always an advantage.
Along with fulfilling the requirements, we shall look at the supporting documents required for admission to MSc Management in the UK.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- GMAT requirements are acceptable but are not mandatory
- Official academic transcripts
- Proofs of English proficiency test scores
- Scanned copy of a passport
- Letter of recommendation (two academics or professional)
- Updated Resume/CV
- Copies of degree certificates
Related Read: MSc Strategic Marketing in UK
How to Apply
Step 1: Choose a suitable university
Select the MSc Management in UK and pick a suitable university that offers the same. Check all the details such as placement records, tuition fee break up, course curriculum and work permit norms before proceeding to apply. If you are facing issues in collecting this data, get in touch with Leverage Edu experts at 1800 57 2000 and get a chance to talk to our mentors!
Step 2: Collect all the academic requirements
Exams like IELTS or TOEFL are mandatory to apply for an MSc Management in UK program. Register for Leverage Live and start your preparation today! Check that you meet the entry requirements. In addition, LOR, SOP, essays, updated resumes and official transcripts of previous academic degrees are necessary documents required for the course.
Step 3: Submit your application
Once you have gathered all the required documents and scores of proficiency exams, you are ready to fill the application form. Make sure you enter all the personal and professional information correctly. Also, check the deadlines and plan your time to submit the application.
Step 5: Wait for the offer letter
Universities take a few weeks to evaluate the application. As soon as you get the offer letter, apply for Visa, start looking for accommodation and start pacing for your study abroad journey!
Job Profiles and Salary Trends
Post completion of MSc Management in UK, there are various options for candidates to work in sectors like Finance firms, Manufacturing industries, IT services companies, or start-ups. Below are some of the job profiles and salary trends for the students after they have completed their MSc Management in UK.
|Job Profiles||Average Salary Trends (in GBP)|
|Project Manager||49,109 (INR 50.4 lakhs)|
|CEO||357,713 (INR 3.6 cr)|
|General Manager||63,644 (INR 65.3 lakhs)|
|Corporate Officer||32,566 (INR 33.4 lakhs)|
|Production Manager||40,668 (INR 41.7 lakhs)|
|Executive Director||1,29,043 (INR 1.32 lakhs)|
Postgraduate degrees are well-regarded in UK universities. They’re also popular with international students, demonstrating the UK’s internationally recognised expertise in this field. If you want to change careers, a master’s degree may be beneficial.
The best universities to pursue MSc Management in UK are London Business School, Imperial College Business School, Warwick Business School, London School of Economics and Political Science among others.
Work experience for pursuing this course is barely a requirement but having work experience or internships would also add as an advantage.
GMAT is an additional assessment criterion required by some of the leading universities in UK but it is not mandatory as supporting documentation.
We hope that this blog has helped you gain clarity about the key essentials of opting for MSc Management in UK along with the top universities offering this course. Leverage Edu experts can further guide you in applying for your chosen university in the UK, give us a call on 1800572000 and sign up for the free career counselling sessions!