Antibiotics, vaccines, and steroid hormones are some of the most popular and important pharmaceutical drugs for those recovering from a disease. But do you know how pharmaceutical drugs are made? To know the answer to this, many top universities across the globe offer an MSc in Pharmaceutical and Analytical Science. This program involves the study of drug substances and the formulation of pharmaceutical drugs and how they are utilised. If you wish to pursue this graduate program abroad, then read on to know about the requirements, scope, salary and more.
This Blog Includes:
- Overview of MSc Pharmaceutical and Analytical Science
- Top Universities for MSc Pharmaceutical and Analytical Science Abroad
- Top Colleges for MSc Pharmaceutical and Analytical Science India
- Admission Requirements
- English Language Requirements
- How to Apply for MSc Pharmaceutical and Analytical Science?
- Documents Required
- Cost of Studying MSc Pharmaceutical and Analytical Science Abroad
- Career Scope
- Top Recruiters and Salary
Overview of MSc Pharmaceutical and Analytical Science
It is a 1-2 year graduate program, designed specifically to study the fundamentals of pharmaceutical drugs. The course primarily focuses on the testing of drug substances and the formulation of pharmaceutical drugs. The course also includes input from renowned Pharmacists and Pharmaceutical Scientists while providing students with a wide range of industrial and research experience.
Also Read: Courses after BSc
Top Universities for MSc Pharmaceutical and Analytical Science Abroad
Here is a list of some of the best universities:
|University of Huddersfield||UK|
|Edinburgh Napier University||UK|
|Sheffield Hallam University||UK|
|University of Wolverhampton||UK|
|University of Strathclyde||UK|
|University of Toronto||Canada|
|University of British Columbia||Canada|
Top Colleges for MSc Pharmaceutical and Analytical Science India
The following institutes in India have the best MSc Pharmaceutical and Analytical Science or related courses:
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Hyderabad
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Ahmedabad
- Sardar Patel University, Gujarat
- Chitkara College of Pharmacy, Patiala
- CT University, Ludhiana
The entry requirements will vary for different universities as mentioned above. However, a general criterion for admission Abroad is as mentioned:
- You must obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Natural/Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Engineering, Social Sciences, Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing or Pharmacy from a recognized University
- You must prove your English Language proficiency through IELTS, TOEFL or PTE
English Language Requirements
Listed below are the minimum IELTS score requirements abroad:
Join Leverage Live to score high in IELTS
How to Apply for MSc Pharmaceutical and Analytical Science?
You can make the complicated admission process easy by reaching out to Leverage Edu:
- We will help you select your MSc Pharmaceutical and Analytical Science course through our trusted AI Course Finder.
- Experts at Leverage Edu will then start with your application process at the respective university.
- Documents such as SOPs, Essays, LORs and IELTS, TOEFL etc. are an important part of your university application. So you’ll have to gather and compile all the necessary documents.
- Experts at Leverage Edu will then start with the application process for accommodation, student visas, and scholarships/student loans after submitting your application and the required documents.
- The time has come to wait for your offer letter which usually takes around 4-6 weeks.
Here’s a list of the documents required for pursuing an MA in Social Policy at any of the above-mentioned universities:
- All official academic Transcripts and diplomas if any
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
- TB Test Certificate for UK Universities
- Financial Evidence
Cost of Studying MSc Pharmaceutical and Analytical Science Abroad
The cost of pursuing this course abroad will vary for different countries and universities. However, the average cost of tuition fees for MSc Pharmaceutical and Analytical Science in different universities is as mentioned below:
|University, Country||Average Tuition Fees per annum||In INR|
|University of Huddersfield, UK||£17,000||INR 17 Lakh|
|Edinburgh Napier University, UK||£10,390||INR 10 Lakh|
|Sheffield Hallam University, UK||£16,385||INR 16 Lakh|
|Durham College, Canada||CAD 16,541||INR 9-10 Lakh|
|University of Toronto, Canada||CAD 27,000-30,000||INR 16-18 Lakh|
The scope of pharmaceutical science is actually a lot more diverse than you think. As the world is continuously developing new medicines, the scope for graduates is increasing more than ever. The skills you will acquire during the course are not only relevant in the pharmaceutical industry but other industries such as the food, chemical, or cosmetics industries. You can work as the following:
- Clinical scientist
- Biomedical scientist
- Food technologist
- Forensic scientist
- Research scientist
- Science writer and educator
Top Recruiters and Salary
You can work in areas such as:
- Drug formulation
- Chemical or forensic labs
- Product validation
- Animal Behavior
- Clinical science
Those with this degree have an average starting salary of INR 18-25 Lakh abroad, but salaries may be higher if you have a PhD in Pharmaceutical Science or pharmacy and relevant experience.
MSc Pharmaceutical and analytical science is the study of pharmaceutical drugs, their formation and usage to prevent diseases.
MSc Pharmaceutical and analytical science is a 1-2 year-long graduate program.
You must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Natural/Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Engineering, Social Sciences, Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing or Pharmacy from a recognized University.
Are you planning to study for a Masters abroad? Our Leverage Edu experts will provide you with end-to-end assistance starting from your university application to the time you reach your university and commence your studies. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counselling session today.