London has been ranking #1 on the QS Best Student Cities ranking for 2 consecutive years and has been one of the top 10 student cities for a long time. London is an academic hotspot offering excellent courses to students, with a diverse environment, great nightlife and greenery and ranking fourth in the rankings for employer activity. If you’re looking to grow your career in a positive direction then here is the University of West London‘s admission process, the career university!
This Blog Includes:
- About University of West London (UWL)
- University of West London Admissions Process
- Intakes at University of West London
- Important Deadlines for University of West London Admissions
- Entry Requirements for University of West London
- Eligibility Requirements
- English Language Requirements
- Document Checklist
- Cost of Attendance at University of West London
- Accommodation at University of West London
- Scholarships offered at the time of University of West London Admissions
- Student Visa for UK
About University of West London (UWL)
University of West London (UWL) is a public research university which was founded in 1860 as The Lady Byron School in UK. UWL is known for its excellent teaching and delivering career-driven courses. It is known as the career university. It was in the top 10 universities in the UK for teaching quality in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022. The University offers 200+ undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Arts and Humanities, Business & Management, Social Sciences and Management, Life Sciences and Medicine and Engineering and Technology. The University believes in gender equality and has a diverse community with students from over 100 countries worldwide. The schools under University of West London include:
- College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare
- School of Law
- London College of Music
- London School of Film, Media and Design
- London Geller College of Hospitality and Tourism
- School of Computing and Engineering
- School of Human and Social Sciences
- The Claude Littner Business School
- School of Biomedical Sciences
Must Read: University of Glasgow Admissions Guide for 2022
University of West London Admissions Process
The step-by-step admission process for international students is as follows:
Select Your Course
The first step is to choose your course. The University offers a variety of UG and PG courses in various disciplines. You can visit their website and simply find a course that suits you.
Start Your Application
The next step is to apply for the chosen course. The application can be made through UCAS or directly through the university’s website. Make sure you meet the eligibility requirements, english language requirements and attach required documents.
Submit Your Application
Then after applying, once you receive the decision of the University, you have to accept the offer by following the instructions provided in the letter. The offer may be a conditional offer in case you’re completing your studies to pass with a minimum percentage/grade. So you would have to meet all conditional requirements and provide additional documents, if any.
Make Your First Payment
You would have a non-refundable deposit payment towards your tuition fees. This would be stated in your offer letter.
Get Your CAS Letter
You can request your CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) number from the university and apply for your visa after making the payment. You would be required to send the required documents and you may be asked to attend a pre-CAS interview.
Must Read: University of Roehampton Admissions Guide for 2022
Intakes at University of West London
Universities of West London offer programs majorly during the January intake and September intake. There are also additional Intakes in April/May, January and March but only for select courses.
Important Deadlines for University of West London Admissions
Deadlines are the most important part of the University of West London admission process. The important deadlines for the September intake are given below:
|UCAS Application deadline||26 January|
|UCAS Extra Opens (if students don’t receive any offers they can apply to a new course through UCAS extra)||25 February|
|UCAS Final Deadline (final deadline for application to a September course)||30 June|
Students can also after January 26 directly through the university’s website.
Entry Requirements for University of West London
For UG courses
- 10+2 or equivalent
- Background in subjects specified by the university depending upon the course.
- English Language Proficiency Test scores. The minimum scores are specified by according to the course
For PG courses
- A 2:1/2:2 Bachelor’s degree with honours or equivalent with minimum GPA specified by the university.
- A 2:1/2:2 Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum GPA specified by the university
- English Language Proficiency Test scores (Minimum scores specified according to the course)
- GMAT/GRE score, if applicable.
- A background in a particular subject depending upon your choice of specialisation.
For UG Course
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma (From a minimum 25 points depending on course)
- British/ International A Levels (From a minimum 112 UCAS tariff points depending on course)
- Indian Standard 12/HSC (minimum average of 55% depending on exam board)
- Second and final year entry on a bachelor’s degree may be available for those with a Higher National Diploma (HND) from the UK with a merit profile
- A recognised foundation course
For PG courses
- Indian bachelor’s degree (3 or 4 years) with higher than 55% from a recognised college or university
- Degree equivalent to a UK Honours bachelor’s degree (2.2 minimum)
- Master’s degree for entry on a Doctoral degree
Note that these are general scores for entry requirements. Do check specific requirements before applying.
Booster Shots At Walk-In Vaccination Centres available for Indian students in the UK
English Language Requirements
Undergraduate and postgraduate studies require you to give proof of English language proficiency through tests For international students the follow are acceptable english language tests:
|Level of Study||IELTS||Pearson Versant|
|Integrated Foundation Year Courses||5.5 (Minimum component 5.5)||60 Minimum component 60)|
|Undergraduate Programs||6.0 (Minimum component 5.5)||64 (Minimum component 60)|
|Postgraduate Programs||6.5 (Minimum component 5.5)||69 (Minimum component 60)|
These English language requirements are standard requirements. Do check out the courses before applying.
Here are the documents required for the University of West London. Following are the standard documents required:
- Completely filled application form
- a personal statement explaining why you are suitable for the course
- Copy of bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Copy of IELTS test scores
- Copy of GMAT/GRE test scores
- Self-attested X & XII marksheet and certificates
- 2 references, if applicable
- Passport/Identification Card
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of funds
- Permission to study
Cost of Attendance at University of West London
The tuition fee for undergraduate and postgraduate students for the year 2021-2022 is as follows:
|Course Type||Annual Tuition fee|
|Undergraduate courses||£12,000 – £17,000|
|Postgraduate Courses||£13,000 – £19,000|
Accommodation at University of West London
For accommodation 4 options are available to international applicants. The Chapter White City and Holbrook North Acton provide access to the university’s shuttle bus. The Student Village and Reynard Mills are two university-managed options available. The rent varies from £165 – £240 per week, depending upon your choice of accommodation and bedroom capacity of the flat. In order to book your accommodation, you would first have to fill an online form through the university’s website.
Scholarships offered at the time of University of West London Admissions
The following scholarships are provided by the University for the year 2022-2023:
|International Ambassador Scholarship||11 July 2022|
|Chris Read Memorial Cup Prize||Automatically considered while applying|
|Claude Littner Business School Alumni and Friends Prize||Automatically considered while applying|
|Luna Sidhu Prize||Automatically considered while applying|
|Michael Wilson Bursaries||Automatically considered while applying|
|Mike Molyneux Award for First Year Law Student||Automatically considered while applying|
|The ‘Spike’ Stent Prize||Automatically considered while applying|
|The Marcia Worrell Prize||Automatically considered while applying|
|The SEGA Prize For Outstanding First-Year Female Student||Automatically considered while applying|
|The Stephen Moss/Springboard Prize||Automatically considered while applying|
Student Visa for UK
To study in London, UK, you have to apply for a General Student Visa [Tier 4].You will become eligible for a study visa once you are enrolled in a full-time study course. The requirements include:
- Proof of identity
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number
- Offer letter from university
- Documents for obtaining CAS
- Recent passport size photographs
- Proof of funds
- Visa fee payment
- Additional requirements by the university
- After you’ve completed your masters, you would be allowed to stay in London if you hold a job offer with an annual salary of GBP 20800 (INR 2079349)
- You need to switch to a Tier 2 general visa which lasts for 5 years post completion of studies.
- You can qualify for permanent residence provided your income is at least £35000 (INR 3498905)
Worried About IELTS? Take a Demo Class with Leverage Live Experts and Learn the Coolest Ways to Ace the Exam in One-Go!
Do you want to go to the UK to further your education? Then contact the specialists at Leverage Edu, who will assist you in landing in the UK to pursue your MBA or any other degree there. Schedule an appointment with us right now!