One of the biggest reasons why digital marketing has become an important aspect for businesses is the amount of audience engagement it brings along. Digital Marketing is way more affordable than traditional marketing, it costs less yet makes the most impact. Every business needs digital marketing to attract a wide range of audiences for their business. Digital Marketing is an in-demand career that has the greatest number of job openings. But keeping in mind that companies tend to prefer professionals over anything else, you must obtain a higher degree in digital marketing to earn a staggering amount from the start of your career. There are a lot of top universities in India and abroad that offer students a Masters Degree in Digital Marketing. This blog includes everything you need to know about Masters in Digital Marketing.
This Blog Includes:
- Course Overview
- What is Digital Marketing?
- Skills Needed for Masters in Digital Marketing
- Why choose Masters in Digital Marketing?
- Universities Offering Masters in Digital Marketing
- Admission Requirements
- Documents Required
- Cost of Studying Masters in Digital Marketing
- Cost of Living
- Masters in Digital Marketing Scope and Salary
- Average Salary
|Masters in Digital Marketing||MA, MBA or MSc in Digital Marketing|
|Job Roles||Digital marketing executive · Brand manager · Social media specialist · Marketing manager · Market research analyst etc.|
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing or Online Marketing is a kind of marketing strategy to promote brands and products to budding customers through web-based marketing that includes
- Email Marketing
- Pay-per-click Advertising (PPC)
- Display Advertising
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Public Relations
- Content Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Marketing Analytics
- Affiliate Marketing
Skills Needed for Masters in Digital Marketing
There are several skills you must possess to conduct effective digital marketing. Some of the skills needed are mentioned below:
- Data Analysis
- Content Creation
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
- Communication Skills
- Social Media
- Basic Graphic Design Skills (Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop Canva, Inkscape etc.)
Why choose Masters in Digital Marketing?
You may have the above-mentioned skills but getting a masters degree in digital marketing can definitely help you expand your knowledge. Some of the reasons why you should go for a Masters in Digital Marketing are:
- You gain in-depth knowledge about Digital Marketing. A wide range of skills is added to your life. You may be required to present a thesis project in the last academic year of your masters, this will help you become able to put the learned theory into practice.
- If you choose a good university, you might get to learn from experts and professionals of the corporate world
- You will get exposed to the latest technologies such as UX design, analytical reasoning, cloud computing and AI.
- You get a chance to build a professional network while pursuing a Masters in Digital Marketing as you get taught by professionals and scholars.
- Digital Marketing is a popular and in-demand career that allows graduates of digital marketing to build a stable career for themselves.
Universities Offering Masters in Digital Marketing
If you are considering studying for a Masters in Digital Marketing in India or Abroad for higher studies. Mentioned below are some of the top universities and institutes offering Masters in Digital Marketing:
|Trinity College Dublin – Business School||Ireland||MSc in Digital Marketing Strategy|
|University of Guelph||Canada||MSc Marketing and Communication Studies|
|Ryerson University||Canada||Master of Digital Media|
|The University of BritishColumbia||Canada||MBA in Marketing|
|University of Canada West||Canada||Masters in Digital Marketing|
|University of Essex||United Kingdom||MSc in Digital Marketing|
|University of West London||United Kingdom||MSc in Digital Marketing|
|University of Southampton||United Kingdom||Digital Marketing MSc|
|King’s College London||United Kingdom||Digital Marketing|
|NYU Stern||USA||MBA in Digital Marketing|
|Sacred Heart University||USA||Masters in Digital Marketing|
|University of Southern California Annenberg||USA||MSc in Digital Media|
|University/Institute||Total Tuition Fees|
|IIDE – Indian Institute of Digital Education, Mumbai||INR 5,00,000|
|IIKM – Indian Institute of Knowledge Management, Chennai||INR 6,00,000|
|Shiv Nadar University (SNU), Greater Noida||INR 10,00,000|
|JLU – Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal||INR 3,85,000|
To get admission to any of the mentioned colleges or universities, you must be able to meet the eligibility requirements set by the respective universities. The table below mentions the general eligibility criteria for various countries offering Masters in Digital Marketing:
|India||Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50%|
|US||4-Years bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 85%|
|UK||Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 55%|
|Canada||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 75%|
English Language Requirements
|Country||Minimum English Language Requirements|
|US||IELTS: 6.5TOEFL: 79-95|
|UK||IELTS: 6.5TOEFL: 100|
|Canada||IELTS: 7.0TOEFL: 80 to 100|
How to Apply for Masters in Digital Marketing?
If you wish to pursue a Master in Digital Marketing then feel free to contact us, here’s an easy step-by-step process to proceed with your application process at some of the popular universities mentioned above:
- Call our Leverage Edu student counsellors at 1800 572 000 to shortlist your Masters in Digital Marketing courses with the help of our trusted AI Course Finder.
- The next step is to gather and compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL etc.
- After submitting your application and all the necessary documents, the experts will then start with the application process for accommodation, Student VISA, and scholarships/student loans.
- It’s now time to wait for your offer letter which can take around 4-6 weeks or more.
In order to have a smooth application process to your dream university keep the following documents ready.
- All official academic Transcripts and diplomas if any
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
- TB Test Certificate (For UK)
- Work Experience if required
- Writing Sample if required
- Financial Evidence
Cost of Studying Masters in Digital Marketing
The cost of studying varies on the basis of the country you wish to study in. Here is a general estimation of the cost of studying for the three most popular study abroad destinations.
|US||USD 10,000 – USD 30,000(INR 7 Lakh – INR 22 Lakh)|
|UK||GBP 15,000 – GBP 30,000 (INR 15 Lakh – INR 30 Lakh)|
|Canada||CAD 12,000 – CAD 40,000(INR 7 lakh – INR 23 Lakh)|
Cost of Living
Check out Leverage Edu’s Cost of Living Calculator for a more detailed breakdown of expenses in different cities around the world. However, the cost of living anywhere in the world depends on your personal choices and management. It is hard to come to an absolute estimation of the cost, but we can arrive at an estimated living cost in the following countries which is tabulated below:
|Country||Average Amount per year|
|US||USD 10,000 – USD 18,000(INR 7 lakh – INR 13 Lakh)|
|UK||GBP 10,000 – GBP 15,000 (INR 10 Lakh – INR 15 Lakh)|
|Canada||CAD 5,000 – CAD 10,000(INR 2 Lakh – INR 5 Lakh)|
Masters in Digital Marketing Scope and Salary
Digital Marketing is one of the most important aspects of business in the 21st century, emerging as a popular career. Mentioned below are job profiles related to Digital Marketing
- Digital marketing executive
- Brand manager
- Social media specialist
- Marketing manager
- Market research analyst
- Advertising Account Executive
- Advertising Art Director
- Digital Marketer
- Content Marketing Lead
- Market Researcher
- Marketing Executive
- Media Buyer
- Ppc Specialist
- Public Relations Officer
- Sales Promotion Account Executive
- Seo Specialist
- Social Media Manager
There are certain job profiles where a Masters in Digital Marketing can be considered:
- Business Adviser
- Business Development Manager
- Digital Copywriter
- Event Manager
- Product Manager
- Publishing Rights Manager
- Retail Merchandiser
- Talent Agent
- Web Content Manager
Due to increasing demands in the digital industry, getting a Master’s level degree in digital marketing will have a great impact on your future salary packages. Here are some of the general salary packages a digital marketer earns.
|Country||Average Salary per year|
|US||USD 70,000 (INR 51,73,875)|
|UK||GBP 20,000 – GBP 30,000 (INR 20,12,144 – INR 30,18,216)|
|Canada||CAD 50,000 – CAD 90,000 (INR 29,24,401 – INR 52,63,913)|
Universities in the UK offer 2 intakes. The first intake is in January or February and the second is in September or October.
No. The minimum English language eligibility requirement to pursue Masters in Digital Marketing for most of the top universities in Canada is a minimum of 6.5.
The application fee at the University of Essex is GBP 20 (INR 2K).
Are you planning to study for a Masters in Digital Marketing abroad? Our Leverage Edu experts will provide you with end-to-end assistance starting from your university application to the time you reach your university and commence your studies. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counselling session today.