International Law is the body of legal rules, binding and governing the relations between nations. International Law sets the normative guidelines and common conceptual framework for states across a border range of domains like human rights, war, and diplomacy. It is a distinctive part of the general structure of international relations. Masters in International Law is generally a two-year-long degree program that provides students with advanced knowledge in the field of professional practice. Let’s go through in detail about Masters in International Law!
This Blog Includes:
Top Reasons to Study Masters in International Law
The following are the top reasons to pursue Masters in International Law:
- The world is becoming global which calls for the legal governance of rules across the nations
- International law sets the guidelines for many national and international matters are bound by various treaties and projects
- To have a better understanding of the legal functioning of international matters including the global economy, finance, etc.
- It offers job opportunities in many fields including governmental, defence, official organizations etc
- It is a lucrative career choice for students who wish to work in the legal system.
Top Universities to Study International Law
The following are the top universities to pursue Masters in International Law:
|Universities||QS World Ranking 2023|
|University of Virginia||253|
|University of California, Berkeley||27|
|University of Michigan-Ann Arbor||25|
|New York University||39|
Must Read: MBA in International Business in USA
Given below is the list of topics covered in the syllabus of Masters in International Law:
- Public International Law
- Law and Justice in Globalisation
- General International Law
- International Relations
- Corporate Law
- Law of Treaties
- Law and Social Transformation
- Business Law
- World Trade Law
- International Criminal Court
- Law of Contracts
The following are the document required to pursue a Masters in International Law:
- Academic Transcripts
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Copy of passport
- Statement of purpose
- Work Experience (if applicable)
- Proof of Financial Stability
- Reference letter
- Letters of recommendations
- Research Proposal (for PG Research)
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined!
Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for pursuing Masters in International Law:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one-dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates, and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates, and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.
International Law is an in-demand field with abundant job opportunities in various sectors including government, private and organization sectors. It offers some of the most well-paying jobs. This course equips students with advanced knowledge and professional practice to become successful in this field.
Jobs and Salary
The following are the jobs and salaries for international law professionals:
|International Lawyer||$179,600||1.47 Cr|
|Corporate Lawyer||$107,300||87.86 Lakh|
|Policy Advisor||$74,500||61.00 Lakh|
A. Harvard University, Columbia University, and Georgetown University are some of the top universities for Masters in International Law.
A. Public International Law, Law and Justice in Globalisation, General International Law, International Relations, and Corporate Law are a few of the topics covered in the syllabus of Masters in International Law.
A. The following are the top reasons to pursue Masters in International Law:
1. The world is becoming global which calls for the legal governance of rules across the nations and sets the guidelines for many national and international matters that are bound by various treaties and projects.
2. To have a better understanding of the legal functioning of international matters including the global economy, finance, etc. and offers many well-paying job opportunities.
Well, we hope that this blog has provided you with the relevant knowledge related to Masters in International Law. And if you are planning to study this course or any other course abroad, contact our study experts call us at 1800-572-000, and book your free counseling session today. You can also connect with us at Leverage Edu website.