Did you know there are 115 educational institutions offering 585 Nursing programs in the UK? The UK is a hub for studying Medicine, Healthcare and Nursing courses. MSc Nursing allows you to advance your knowledge and research skills. It opens up job opportunities as a Clinical Nurse Manager, Tutor, Paramedic Nurse, Occupational Health Nurse. Let’s explore everything you need to know about MSc Nursing in UK.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study Nursing in the UK?
- Globally Recognized Degree: Gaining a nursing degree from the UK will enable you to work as a nurse in the entire world as UK degrees are recognized globally.
- Specializations: There are four major fields that one could choose from when considering an MSc in Nursing- Adult Nursing, Children’s nursing, Learning disability nursing, mental health nursing. You can customize your course according to your liking. For example, you can even make your degree a dual major.
- Employment Opportunities: According to BBC, most employable graduates in the UK are nursing graduates as 94% of the students find jobs within six months after completing their nursing graduation.
Also Read: Joint Honours Degree in UK
Every university has different entry requirements to be fulfilled by all applicants. Here are some of the basic requirements for MSc Nursing in UK:
- Cleared 10+2 and an undergraduate degree in related field with 60-69%
- Five GCSEs at grade C (50-59%) or above in English language or literature, mathematics and science.
- IELTS overall band score should be 7.0 or above
Best Universities for MSc in Nursing in the UK
Wondering how you can be a part of top-ranked universities offering MSc Nursing in UK? Attend the Uniconnect Virtual Fair by Leverage Edu and get a chance to directly apply to your dream university with us. Register Now!
|Universities QS World Ranking 2023|
|King’s College London 37|
|University of Manchester 28|
|University of Southampton 78|
|University of Edinburgh 15|
|University of Nottingham 114|
|University of Liverpool 190|
|Coventry University 651-700|
|University of Glasgow 81|
|University of Dundee 354|
|Ulster University 601-650|
MSc Nursing in UK Duration
MSc in Nursing in UK can range from 1 to 3 years depending upon your course, mode of study and the university from which you are completing your degree.
Also Read: Top Courses in UK After 12th Arts
Average Tuition Fees
For international students, the average cost of pursuing an MSc Nursing in UK ranges between 12 – 25 lakhs for the whole course. Based on university data, an employment rate of 96% is seen from all major institutions after graduating from the program.
All applications are submitted on the university website you are planning to apply at. Here’s the step-wise application process:
- Visit the university website
- Check the course curriculum and the eligibility requirements
- Click on the application form of the respective university
- First, you need to create an account using your mobile number or email address
- You will receive an email or SMS on your registered contact number with login details and verification
- Use the login details provided and enter your personal details ( name, gender, date of birth)
- Enter your academic qualification and upload the required documents
- Select the course and pay the application fee
- The application fee is different for every university and can be paid through a debit/credit card or internet banking
- Submit your application form, you can also track your application form through your account
- Students that have been selected will be required to attend a virtual interview by some universities
- Official academic transcripts
- Scanned copy of passport
- CV/ Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Reference Letters
Job Profiles & Salary
On average, the salary of a registered nurse in the UK ranges from 33,000 to 35,000 GBP (INR 3397697- 3603618). With higher experience, the salary increases and ranges between 50,000 to 60,000 GBP (INR 5148025- 6177630)
|Job Profiles||Salary in INR per annum|
|Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP)||38,50,016|
|Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)||33,55,965|
|Neonatal Nurse (RN)||27,69,917|
|Psychiatric Nurse (RN)||26,10,794|
|Registered Nurse (RN)||24,82,760|
The following are the scholarship offered to students pursuing MSc Nursing in UK:
|Scholarship Grant in INR|
|University of Sunderland 1,500 GBP 1,49,679|
|Coventry University 3,000 GBP 2,99,358|
|University of Hertfordshire 500-4,000 GBP 49,893 – 3,99,144|
Cost of Living
The average cost of living in the UK is 12,000 GBP or in INR 10.91 Lacs per annum for an international student. The following is the list of other expenses in the UK:
|Accommodation||£500 – £700||45,484 – 63,677|
|Food and Beverages||£100 – £200||9,096 – 18,193|
|Transportation||£30 – £40||2,729 – 3,638|
|Basic Household||£40 – £50||3,638 – 4,548|
|Other Expenses||£200 – £300||18,193 – 27,290|
It is a one-three year course.
Here are the top 5 universities for MSc Nursing in UK:
King’s College London
University of Manchester
University of Southampton
University of Edinburgh
University of Nottingham
UK, USA and Australia are best for masters in nursing.
-Cleared 10+2 and an undergraduate degree in related field with 60-69%
-Five GCSEs at grade C (50-59%) or above in English language or literature, mathematics and science.
–IELTS overall band score should be 7.0 or above
Are you planning to study MSc Nursing in UK? Contact our experts at Leverage Edu for end-to-end assistance from the application to Visa process. Call us at 1800 57 2000 and kick-start your study abroad journey today!