The IPU CET 2023 entrance exam was conducted on 31st May and June 10th to 17th 2023 at various exam centres. The IPU CET 2023 results will be declared in the first week of July 2023 (tentatively) by the officials of the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. the IPU CET 2023 for BTech courses (lateral entry) for BSc graduates commenced on 13th June 2023. IPU CET stands for Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test. It’s a state-level entrance exam for various Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes in engineering, computer applications, management, engineering and other disciplines.
|Exam Name||IPU CET 2023|
|Full Form||Indraprastha University Common Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University|
|Exam Dates||31st May, 10th to 17th June 2023|
|Selection Process||Written Exam and Counselling|
This Blog Includes:
IPU CET 2023 Important Dates
|11 Jun 2023||IPU CET 2023 Exam Date for lateral entry to the BTech Program for diploma holders|
|13 Jun 2023||IPU CET 2023 Exam Date for lateral entry to the BTech Program for BSc Graduates|
|14 Jun ’23||IPU CET 2023 Exam Date for BTech (Bio-Technology)|
|July 1st Week 2023||IPU CET 2023 Announcement of Result (TENTATIVE)|
|July 3rd Week 2023||Last date of IPU CET counselling 2023 registration (TENTATIVE)|
About IPU CET
Committed to providing students with professional education by putting greater thrust on innovation, creativity, and a dynamic environment is something that Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (IPU) is known for. The courses at IP University have always aimed at stimulating logical reasoning and creative thinking apart from imparting knowledge in the chosen field of study. The aim is to train the learners so that they can work for the welfare of society at large and adapt to the changes. Each year, the university conducts a common entrance examination called IPU CET for both undergraduate and graduate courses in diverse fields such as law, management, engineering, and medicine to name a few. If you are wondering how to prepare for competitive exams and want to know the success mantra for acing tests like this, then through this blog, we will. provide you with an insight into everything you need to know about IPU CET 2023
Specializations Offered by IPU
The Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) is known for providing numerous specializations in various undergraduate and graduate degrees. The diverse curriculum of the subjects helps the students lead to the goal they have aimed for. Given below is the list of some of the most sought-after specializations offered by the university for which you can give the IPU CET:
- Computer Application
- Information Technology
- Electronic and Communication Engineering
- Law and Legal Studies
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Business Administration
- Digital Communication
- Information Security
- Nano Science and Technology
- Food Technology
- Environment Management
- Natural Resource Management
- Heritage Management
- Forensic Science
- Public Health
IPU CET: Exam Pattern
Before you start preparing for the IPU CET, you need to know the pattern of the exam. Though different courses will have their set pattern, given below is a brief overview of details common to all IPU CET exams:
|Particulars of IPU CET||Details|
|Mode of Examination||Offline (pen and paper)|
|Nature of Questions||Objective (multiple choice questions)|
|Medium of Examination||English|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks are awarded for every correct answer and 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer|
|Number of Questions||150 for other courses and 200 for BTech Biotechnology|
|Duration of Examination||Depends on the program|
IPU CET: Eligibility Criteria
IPU CET is one of the popular national-level competitive exams that offers a platform for students to apply for diverse specializations and courses at both undergraduate and graduate levels. Owing to this, different courses will have their own set of eligibility criteria. Here are some basic eligibility parameters that are a must for aspirants to fulfil.
- Nationality: Candidates who are applying for the IPU CET Exam must be a citizen of India
- Age Criteria: Tabulated below are the age ranges for various level courses
|Courses||Minimum Age||Maximum Age|
|Bachelor of Vocation||–||45|
Along with the above-mentioned important points related to eligibility criteria, listed below are the program-specific requirements-
- Candidates must have qualified class 12th examination with a minimum of 55% marks with BiPC subjects along with English as a compulsory subject.
- The applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering and Technology or any other discipline OR must have qualified for the final level examination with ICAI/ ICWAI/ ICSI
- Candidates should have secured at least 50% marks.
MTech (Tool Engineering)
- Those who wish to apply must have 60% marks in their BE or BTech in Tool Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Automation and Mechanical/ Production/ Production and Industrial Engineering or its equivalent.
To know more about the course-wise eligibility criteria, visit the official notice released by the university here.`
Want a Free Consultation Session? Register Here!
How to Apply for IPU CET?
The university will release online applications for aspiring candidates in February 2023. The mode of application for the IPU CET examination will be online only and the students wanting to apply for different courses will have to submit separate forms for each program. Given below is an overview of the application process for the IPU CET entrance examination:
- Visit the official website of GGSIP University and click the link “IPU CET 2023 Registration”.
- Select the category of the exam, based on the course you want to pursue out of the given choices.
- Enter all the required information and credentials, ranging from personal to academic details. Upload your passport-sized photograph and signature in either JPG or GIF format.
- You will be provided with an option to choose any one course out of the whole list and select the convenient test centre.
- Pay an application fee per course you apply for and save the system-generated application form for further reference.
During the application process for IPU CET, candidates will be required to submit the following documents-
- Category certificate
- Class 10th mark sheet certificate
- Valid email ID and phone number
- Passport size photograph that is not older than 3 weeks within the prescribed measurements
- Disability certificate
- Scanned image of a photograph with signature
- Signature with black or blue ink only
Once the candidates have completed fulfilling the required details in the application form, they can submit the required fee for the application using a debit/ credit card or net banking. All the candidates will have to submit the application fee of Rs. 1200 for each program.
IPU CET Admit Card
The IPU CET admit cards for 2023 were released by the officials on 28th May 2023 online. the admit card, also known as the hall ticket, is an important document from the examination point of view. The IPU CET admit cards contain details such as candidates’ credentials, examination venue, date and the date and important instructions related to the exam. Candidates lly completed their application process can download their IPU CET admit cards by following the instructions given below:
- Go to the official website of the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University at http://www.ipu.ac.in/.
- Under the dashboard, look for the ‘IPU CET Admit Cards’ option and click on it.
- Candidates are required to enter their application number, date of birth and a valid captcha to download their IPU CET admit cards.
- After entering these credentials, your admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Check all the details mentioned on the admit card carefully and take a printout of it.
IPU CET Preparation Tips
IPU CET has a very high level of competition, as around one lac students every year apply for admission at the Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University. Candidates must be determined to secure their seat in this university. Candidates can follow the below-mentioned tips to prepare for the IPU CET exam.
- Go through the IPU CET exam pattern and understand the exam structure.
- Make a detailed study plan according to the exam pattern.
- Make sure your study plan or timetable covers all the subjects and topics.
- Make short notes of all the important questions.
- Give more time to topics where you are weak and revise them daily.
- Give mock tests and solve sample papers, as these will allow you to acclimatise to the exam environment and your speed of responding to questions will improve.
- To improve your general knowledge and English vocabulary skills, read newspapers daily.
- During the last days of your preparation, make sure to revise all the topics you’ve covered so far.
IPU CET Cut-Off
The IPU CET cut-off is released after the commencement of the exam. The cut-off is based on the total seats available in each course, the total number of candidates appearing for the exam, and previous year trends. The table below highlights the IPU CET cut-off for the previous year.
|Name of the Program||Ranks||Region|
|BBA||20055||Out Side Delhi|
|BTech||7034||Out Side Delhi|
|BCom (Hons)||4272||Out Side Delhi|
|MCA||2141||Out Side Delhi|
|LLB||2436||Out Side Delhi|
|MBA||2178||Out Side Delhi|