Committed to providing students with professional education by putting greater thrust on innovation, creativity and a dynamic environment is something that Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (IPU) is known for. The courses at IP University have always aimed at stimulating logical reasoning and creative thinking apart from imparting knowledge in the chosen field of study. The aim is to train the learners so that they can work for the welfare of society at large and adapt to the changes. Each year, the university conducts a common entrance examination called IPU CET for both undergraduate and graduate courses in diverse fields such as law, management, engineering and medicine to name a few. If you are wondering how to prepare for competitive exams and want to know the success mantra for acing tests like this, then through this blog, we will. provide you with an insight into everything you need to know about IPU CET 2020!
This Blog Includes:
|Course||Last Date of Submission (2021)||Date of Exam (2021)||Result Declaration (2021)|
|MBA (IT)||2nd week of April||3rd week of April||1st week of May|
|B.S.C (Nursing)||2nd week of April||4th week of April||4th week of May|
|B.Tech||1st week of May||2nd week of May||3rd week of May|
|LLB||1st week of May||3rd week of May||Last week of May|
|MCA/MCA (SE)||1st week of May||3rd week of May||4th week of May|
|MBA||1st week of May||Last week of May||2nd week of June|
|BCA||1st week of May||2nd week of May||4th week of May|
|BBA||1st week of May||Last week of May||2nd week of June|
|B.ED||1st week of May||2nd week of May||4th week of May|
Specializations offered by IPU
The Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) is known for providing numerous specializations in various undergraduate and graduate degrees. The diverse curriculum of the subjects helps the students lead to the goal they have aimed for. Given below is the list of some of the most sought-after specializations offered by the university for which you can give the IPU CET:
- Computer Application
- Information Technology
- Electronic and Communication Engineering
- Law and Legal Studies
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Business Administration
- Digital Communication
- Information Security
- Nano Science and Technology
- Food Technology
- Environment Management
- Natural Resource Management
- Heritage Management
- Forensic Science
- Public Health
IPU CET: Exam Pattern
Before you start preparing for the IPU CET, it is important for you to know the pattern of the exam. Though different courses will have their own set pattern, given below is a brief overview of details common to all IPU CET exams:
|Particulars of IPU CET||Details|
|Mode of Examination||Offline (pen and paper)|
|Nature of Questions||Objective (multiple choice questions)|
|Medium of Examination||English|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks are awarded for every correct answer and 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer|
|Number of Questions||150 for other courses and 200 for BTech Biotechnology|
|Duration of Examination||Depends on the program|
IPU CET: Eligibility Criteria
IPU CET is one of the popular national level competitive exams that offers a platform for students to apply for diverse specializations and courses at both undergraduate and graduate levels. Owing to this, different courses will have their own set of eligibility criteria. Here are some basic eligibility parameters that are a must for aspirants to fulfill.
- Nationality: Candidates who are applying for the IPU CET Exam must be a citizen of India
- Age Criteria: Tabulated below are the age ranges for various level courses
|Courses||Minimum Age||Maximum Age|
|Bachelor of Vocation||–||45|
Along with the above mentioned important points related to eligibility criteria, listed below are the program specific requirements-
- Candidates must have qualified class 12th examination with minimum 55% marks with BiPC subjects along with English as a compulsory subject.
- The applicants must have a bachelor degree in Engineering and Technology or any other discipline OR must have qualified final level examination with ICAI/ ICWAI/ ICSI
- Candidates should have secured at least 50% marks.
MTech (Tool Engineering)
- Those who wish to apply must have 60% marks in their BE or BTech in Tool Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Automation and Mechanical/ Production/ Production and Industrial Engineering or its equivalent.
To know more about the course-wise eligibility criteria, visit the official notice released by the university here.`
Want a Free Consultation Session? Register Here!
How to Apply for IPU CET?
The university will release online applications for the aspiring candidates in the month of February 2020. The mode of application for the IPU CET examination will be online only and the students wanting to apply for different courses will have to submit separate forms for each program. Given below is an overview of the application process for the IPU CET entrance examination:
- Visit the official website of GGSIP University and click the link of “IPU CET 2020 Registration”.
- Select the category of the exam, based on the course you want to pursue out of the given choices.
- Enter all the required information and credentials, ranging from personal to academic details. Upload your passport-sized photograph and signature in either JPG or GIF format.
- You will be provided with an option to choose any one course out of the whole list and select the convenient test center.
- Pay an application fee per course you apply for and save the system-generated application form for further reference.
During the application process of IPU CET, candidates will be required to submit the following documents-
- Category certificate
- Class 10th marksheet certificate
- Valid email ID and phone number
- Passport size photograph that is not older than 3 weeks within the prescribed measurements
- Disability certificate
- Scanned image of a photograph with signature
- Signature with black or blue ink only
Once the candidates have completed fulfilling the required details in the application form, they can submit the required fee for the application using debit/ credit card or net banking. All the candidates will have to submit the application fee of Rs. 1200 for each program.
Hopefully, you are now aware of all the necessary details pertaining to the IPU CET. If you are someone who has recently passed higher secondary exams but are confused about what to study after 12th then take the guidance of experts at Leverage Edu who through a psychometric test will gauge through your profile, analyze your skills and interests and help you choose the best course which can open the door to umpteen career prospects for the future to come!
really like your blog
really like your blog