The study of physiology, pathology and accompanying equipment used to maintain and assume the function of the heart and lungs during medical operations is known as perfusion technology. Perfusion technology students will have a full grasp of both the respiratory and circulatory systems and the ability to operate sophisticated equipment. This blog has covered all you need to know about BSc perfusion technology.
|Examination Type||Semester wise|
|Admission process||Entrance exam|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 3 lakhs – INR 16 lakhs|
|Job Position||Perfusion technologist, pediatric Perfusionist, cardiac Perfusionist, medical coder, lecturer/teacher, risk manager, cardiac technician, etc.|
This Blog Includes:
What is Perfusion Technology?
Perfusion technology is a surgical technical specialization that involves a comprehensive study of the lungs’ physiology and pathology. Bachelor of Science degree programs in perfusion technology is available (B.Sc.). The B.Sc. in perfusion technology is a three-year, full-time degree program with yearly exams. Students who complete this course will be qualified for entry-level positions in the field of perfusion technology. The respiratory organs of the human body are also included in this speciality. Students can use the connected equipment used during surgery and assist the lungs and heart’s functions in this discipline. Under the guidance of healthcare experts, perfusion technicians are needed to operate machinery used during heart-lung procedures and other high-end equipment.
BSc Perfusion Technology Eligibility
The criteria for BSc Perfusion Technology eligibility are listed below; a student must meet these criteria to be considered for BSc Perfusion Technology:
- Students must have completed (10+2) with a minimum of 50% aggregate from a recognized board.
- Physics, chemistry, and biology must have been required studies in high school.
- Students must make it into the merit list established by each university.
- Students must meet the university-specific eligibility criteria.
Almost all colleges hold their entrance examinations, thus there are a lot of them. Colleges and universities provide entrance exams for BSc Perfusion. The following are some of the most popular admissions entrance exams.
- NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)
- AIIMS (All India Institutes of Medical Sciences)
- AICET (All India Common Entrance Test)
- Bangalore University Entrance Exam
- BVP CET (Bharati Vidyapeeth Common Entrance Test)
- University of Technology Entrance Exams
Top Colleges for BSc Perfusion Technology
You should be aware of the best universities that provide a BSc in Perfusion Technology. It will make finding universities much easier for you. The top schools and institutions that offer BSc perfusion technology courses are listed below
|MGM Medical College||Navi Mumbai|
|JSS Medical College and hospital||Mysore|
|SRM Institute Of Technology||Kanchipuram|
|Manipal Academy of Higher education||Manipal|
|Government medical college||Kozhikode|
|Maharashtra University of health sciences||Nashik|
BSc Perfusion Technology Syllabus
Perfusion Technology is a three-year bachelor’s degree program. Every college has a nearly identical syllabus for this subject. The course’s detailed year-by-year syllabus is listed below:
|(I) Year||(II) Year||(III) Year|
|Human anatomy||Medicine relevant to perfusion technology||Clinical perfusion technology|
|Physiology||Applied Pathology||Applied perfusion technology|
|Biochemistry||Applied Microbiology||Advanced perfusion technology|
|Microbiology||Introduction to perfusion technology|
Explore: BSc Cardiology Courses
Colleges and institutions hold entrance tests for students interested in pursuing a BSc in Perfusion Technology. Colleges and universities will distribute registration forms for their admission exams following is the basic guideline for admission:
- Before the deadline, students must fill out an online form and pay the registration fee at their particular schools and institutions’ websites.
- The colleges and institutions will issue admission cards.
- The exam date will be announced by the institutions and universities involved.
- Perfusion technology has a wide range of applications since it is an essential job function that cannot be easily replaced. A perfusionist is required by every surgical team to control the technical elements of the medical equipment so that the physicians and nurses may concentrate on their duties.
- After finishing a B.Sc. in perfusion technology, students might pursue further studies in the field. Candidates with a master’s degree and speciality will have a greater chance of landing a job and will have an advantage over the competition. These perfusionists and technicians are in charge of the surgery’s heart and lungs apparatus and equipment.
- You can also pursue an MSc in Cardiac Perfusion Technology, which can open up numerous doors for you in the future.
Jobs and Salary
You’ll have a lot of work alternatives when you finish your BSc in perfusion technology. Some of the positions and average incomes you might expect are listed below:
|Jobs||Average annual salary (INR)|
|Medical coder||2.97 lakhs|
|Cardiac Perfusionist||12 lakhs|
|Risk manager||9.27 lakhs|
|Cardiac Technician||3 lakhs|
Do you intend to get a bachelor’s degree in perfusion technology? For end-to-end support, from application to Visa procedure, contact our Leverage Edu professionals. Call us now at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute consultation!