After the 10th board examination, you have to take the difficult decision of choosing the right stream for your future. This is the first of many decisions that will come in your way to build a career. Every stream is significant and valuable in its own way. Let us discuss pursuing a career in science after 12th. Science stream has always been a conventional and popular choice for many students. This is because of the lucrative and interesting opportunities it offers. If truth be told, the fact that it offers numerous scientific professional courses at both graduate and postgraduate level might be a key reason why parents persuade their children to take science. In the science stream, you will be immersed in a scientific and systematic study of various natural phenomena which includes practical experimentation and theoretical studies. Let’s explore the diverse subjects, courses and higher studies prospects of pursuing a career in science after 12th.
Career in Science after 12th: Key Subjects
During the 11th and 12th standard, you will be dealing with the basics of physics, chemistry and biology along with mathematics and a language subject as the key subjects for a career in science after 12th. Let us discuss the key subjects you need to study once you decide to pursue a career in science after 12th:
- Chemistry– The study of matter undergoing changes with the presence of certain processes and how matter reacts with the energy around it. You get to learn the composition, behaviour, structure and different properties in this subject.
- Physics– A natural science that studies the motion of matter. In this key subject, you get to learn about the motion of matter and its interaction with forces and energy. The subject ranges from the smallest particles to the biggest stars in the galaxy. Also, it is closely related to chemistry and numerous topics of both these subjects overlap.
- Biology– The study of living organisms, that covers the growth, structure, origin, function, its distribution and its evolution on earth. The different sections of biology are:
- Zoology– Study of the animal kingdom.
- Botany- Involves plant life and everything associated with it.
- Microbiology- Study of microorganisms.
Career in Science after 12th: Higher Studies
After the 11th and 12th standard, you will have numerous options to choose from. The biggest benefit that science students get is the plethora of options for higher studies. These options are not restricted to courses in science, but you also have the option to choose from the non-science courses. These non-science courses correspond to courses related to Commerce and Arts.
Following are the major fields and courses for pursuing a career in science after 12th:
- Business courses
- Other Bachelor’s Degree Courses for Medicine
- Bachelor’s Degree Courses in Mathematics
- Bachelor’s Degree Courses in Science
Below are some of the non-science degrees for a career in science after 12th:
- Bachelor’s Degree Courses in Commerce
- Bachelor’s Degree Courses in Mass Communication and Journalism
- Event Management
- Animation and Multimedia
- B.S.W- Social Services
Career in Science after 12th: Immense Options to Explore
Here is a list of the numerous options for pursuing a career in science after 12th.
Some of the career options in science after 12th for PCB students include:
- Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science
- B.Sc. Nursing
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
- Paramedical Courses
Some of the options for a career in science after 12th for PCM students include:
Hence, there are various courses available for discovering a career in science after 12th. Pursuing a career in science is not necessarily bound to a specific sector or industry and this is probably the biggest advantage for science students. If you are looking for the right course to pursue after 12th, Leverage Edu experts can help you explore your interests and passions in order to find an ideal course for you, thus getting you a step closer to your dream career.