After the 10th board examination, you have to take the difficult decision of choosing the right stream for your future. This is the first of many decisions that will come your way to build a career. Every stream is significant and valuable in its way. Science stream has always been a conventional and popular choice for many students. This is because of the lucrative and interesting opportunities it offers. Let’s explore the diverse subjects, courses and higher studies prospects of pursuing a career in science after 12th.
This Blog Includes:
If truth be told, the fact that it offers numerous scientific professional courses at both graduate and postgraduate levels might be a key reason why parents persuade their children to take science. In the science stream, you will be immersed in a scientific and systematic study of various natural phenomena which includes practical experimentation and theoretical studies. The key reasons why students pursue careers in science after 12th is
- It is given priority because scientific ideas, procedures, and inquiry influence our daily choices. Additionally, whether a problem arises out of curiosity or necessity, it is human nature to find solutions. Additionally, effective teaching and learning strategies are crucial for fostering curiosity.
- Memorizing facts, theories, and formulas is only a small part of what science entails. It is the responsibility of educators to encourage young students to view science as more than just an academic subject. Science ought to be presented in the classroom as a subject that enables students to learn new skills and uncover truths. This strategy is essential for building a supportive student body.
Career in Science after 12th: Key Subjects
During the 11th and 12th standards, you will be dealing with the basics of physics, chemistry and biology along with mathematics and a language subject as the key subjects for a career in science after 12th. Let us discuss the key subjects you need to study once you decide to pursue a career in science after the 12th:
- Chemistry– The study of matter changing with the presence of certain processes and how matter reacts with the energy around it. You get to learn the composition, behaviour, structure and different properties of this subject.
- Physics– A natural science that studies the motion of matter. In this key subject, you get to learn about the motion of matter and its interaction with forces and energy. The subject ranges from the smallest particles to the biggest stars in the galaxy. Also, it is closely related to chemistry and numerous topics of both these subjects overlap.
- Biology– The study of living organisms, that covers the growth, structure, origin, function, distribution and evolution on earth. The different sections of biology are:
- Zoology– Study of the animal kingdom.
- Botany– Involves plant life and everything associated with it.
- Microbiology– Study of microorganisms.
Must Read: High Salary Courses After 12th Science
Career in Science after 12th: Higher Studies
After completing your 12th standard, you will have numerous options to choose from. The biggest benefit that science students get is the plethora of options for higher studies. These options are not restricted to courses in science, but you also have the option to choose from non-science courses. These non-science courses correspond to courses related to Commerce and Arts.
Following are the major fields and courses for pursuing a career in science after 12th:
- Business courses
- Other Bachelor’s Degree Courses for Medicine
- Bachelor’s Degree Courses in Mathematics
- Bachelor’s Degree Courses in Science
Below are some of the non-science degrees for a career in science after 12th:
- Bachelor’s Degree Courses in Commerce
- Bachelor’s Degree Courses in Mass Communication and Journalism
- Event Management
- Animation and Multimedia
- B.S.W- Social Services
Career in Science after 12th: Immense Options to Explore
There are numerous options to choose from, for pursuing a career in science after the 12th.
Top career options in science after 12th for PCB students include:
- Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science
- B.Sc. Nursing
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
- Paramedical Courses
Some of the options for a career in science after 12th for PCM students include:
Must Read: Government Exams after 12th Science
Top careers and Salary
These are the top career profiles and expected salary after pursuing science in 12th:
|Careers||Eligibility||Expected salary (Per annum)|
|Engineer||B.Tech/BE degree||Rs. 3 Lakhs to up to 10 Lakhs|
|Doctor||MBBS/BDS/BHMS/BUMS||Rs. 5 Lakhs to Rs. 12 Lakhs|
|Architect||B.Arch||Rs. 4 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs|
|Pilot||The pilot license becomes a Pilot at the Indian Air Force (IAF), and they need to clear the NDA examination.||Rs. 6 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs|
|Data Scientist||B.tech from IT or computer science||Rs. 3.5 Lakhs to 9 Lakhs|
|Veterinarian||B.V.Sc. & A.H.BVMS||Rs. 2.5 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs|
|Agricultural Scientist||Master’s degree in Agri-Botany/ Agri-Biotechnology/ Agri-Chemistry/ Agri-Economic/ Social forestry.||Rs. 5.5 Lakhs to 11 Lakhs|
|Biomedical Engineer||Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering||Rs. 3 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs|
|Nurse||General Nursing & Midwifery courseB.Sc. Nursing||Rs. 3.2 Lakhs to 7.8 Lakhs|
|Government Jobs||Bachelor’s degree in any field.||Rs. 3 Lakhs to 7 Lakhs|
A career in Medicine is the top choice after 12th science. There are various sub-divisions of medicine to choose from such as
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Bachelor of Dental Surgery.
Bachelor of Pharmacy.
You can choose from a wide range of options such as Engineering: BTech/BE, BSc Computer Science, BSc Information Technology, Commercial Pilot Training, Bachelor of Pharmacy etc.
B.Sc (Bachelor of Science)
You can enrol in this three-year undergraduate programme as soon as you pass your 12th-grade boards with at least a 50% grade point average. The course includes a variety of specialisation areas, including information technology and the pure sciences.
Hence, there are various courses available for discovering a career in science after the 12th. Pursuing a career in science is not necessarily bound to a specific sector or industry and this is probably the biggest advantage for science students. If you are looking for the right course to pursue after the 12th, Leverage Edu experts can help you explore your interests and passions in order to find an ideal course for you, thus getting you a step closer to your dream career.