The University of Bristol is renowned as being the first female-only university in the United Kingdom. In 1893, the institution merged with the Bristol Medical School, and in 1909, it merged with the Merchant Venturers Technical College. As a result of this partnership, well-known degree programs in Engineering and Health Sciences have been established. The University of Bristol, which is ranked among the top 60 UK institutions by QS, is noted for its research expertise in subjects as diverse as nanotechnology, human rights, and even health care. So, if you’re thinking of studying at the UK’s top research university, here’s all you need to know about the University of Bristol admission rate!
|English Language Proficiency||IELTS, TOEFL, PTE|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
This Blog Includes:
- University of Bristol
- University of Bristol Rankings
- University of Bristol Acceptance Rate
- Top Programmes at University of Bristol
- University of Bristol Eligibility
- Cost of Studying at University of Bristol
- Application Process
University of Bristol
Before getting straight onto the University of Bristol acceptance rate, let’s first quickly have a closer look at the university’s history and background for a better understanding. The University of Bristol is a red brick Russell Group research university in Bristol, England. It received a royal charter in 1909, but its roots may be traced back to a Merchant Venturers’ school founded in 1595 and University College, Bristol, which had been in operation since 1876. Bristol is organized into six academic faculties, each of which consists of several schools and departments that provide over 200 undergraduate courses, the majority of which are located in the city’s Tyndalls Park neighbourhood. In 2019–20, the university earned a total of £682.9 million, with £151.9 million coming from research grants and contracts. It is Bristol’s largest independent employer. Twenty-one fellows of the Academy of Medical Sciences, thirteen fellows of the British Academy, thirteen members of the Royal Academy of Engineering, and 44 fellows of the Royal Society are among the current academics. The university has 9 Nobel laureates among its graduates and teachers.
Also know about the Study in Bristol, The City of Innovation!
University of Bristol Rankings
Let’s take a look at some of the University of Bristol’s remarkable rankings before learning more about it:
|QS University Rankings Within The UK||#62||2022|
|QS World University Rankings||#10||2022|
|Time Higher Education Rankings.||#92||2022|
|Top Global Universities By The U.S. News And World Report||#86||2022|
University of Bristol Acceptance Rate
In 2015, Bristol had the eighth-highest average undergraduate entry qualification of any UK university, with new students averaging 485 UCAS points, which is just above AAA in A-level grades. According to the 2014 Sunday Times League Tables, there is an average of 7.7 applications per place, making it the joint 11th most competitive institution in the UK. The University of Bristol acceptance rate is around 67.3%. This means that the university accepts around 67-68 applicants out of every 100 applicants that apply for admissions at the University of Bristol. In short, this acceptance rate of the University of Bristol gives credence to the fact that its admission process is partially less competitive in nature as compared to other universities in the UK.
Must Read: UK Universities with High Acceptance Rate
Top Programmes at University of Bristol
Let’s take a look at some of the University of Bristol’s most well-known and popular courses. The University of Bristol offers a diverse range of undergraduate and graduate degrees, with some of the most well-known options listed below:
- BSc Accounting and Finance
- BSc Business and Management
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Data Science
- BSc Economics
- Master of Science [M. Sc] Advanced Computing
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Management (Marketing)
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Economics and Finance
- Master of Arts [M.A] Law
- MEng in Mechanical Engineering
- MSc in Data Science
University of Bristol Eligibility
Let’s become familiar with the eligibility for hopefuls seeking admission after reading the University of Bristol’s Acceptance Rate and popular courses. The University of Bristol’s entrance criteria vary depending on the programs offered; nonetheless, the following are the basic essential requirements for studying at the University of Bristol:
Application portal: UCAS
Application fees: 20-50 GBP (INR 2,020 – 5,051)
- 65% to 75% in XII standard for an undergraduate degree or an upper second class degree with 6.0/10.0 CGPA (60%) or lower second class degree with 5.5/10.0 CGPA
- A bachelor’s degree with a lower second class or equivalent is necessary for postgraduate study.
- Academic Transcripts
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Copy of passport
- Statement of purpose
- Work Experience (if applicable)
- Proof of Financial Stability
- Reference letter
- Letters of recommendations
- Research Proposal (for PG Research)
- Research statement for Ph.D. students
English Language Requirements
Because the scorecard for these examinations is valid for two years, students should familiarise themselves with the university schedule and apply for admission carefully.
Cost of Studying at University of Bristol
The cost of tuition at the University of Bristol varies by program. The table below shows the average tuition prices at the University of Bristol for various degrees.
|Level of Study||Average Tuition Fees|
|UG||£21000 – £25900 (INR 21,31,004 – INR 26,28,238)|
|PG||£21000 – £25900 (INR 21,31,004 – INR 26,28,238)|
Cost of Living in Bristol
The cost of attending the University of Bristol includes tuition, as well as food, lodging, and other living expenses. The following are some of the costs involved with attending the University of Bristol.
|Accommodation||GBP 3,828 (INR 3.82,000)|
|Internet and phone service||GBP 324 (INR 32,300)|
|Transportation||GBP 924 (INR 92,200)|
|Food||GBP 2,004 (INR 2,00,000)|
|Personal Expenses||GBP 1,164 (INR 1,16,000)|
|Miscellaneous Expenses||GBP 240 (INR 23,900)|
- Find a Program: To find your program, look through the postgraduate online prospectus. For information on entry requirements, the application process, and required supporting documents, read the admissions statement. If you are facing issues in gathering this data, get in touch withLeverage Edu instructors at 1800 57 2000, and from the application process to the visa process, get entry into your dream university with ease.
- Start your Application: On the program’s prospectus page, you can either pick Apply Now or go straight to the online application gateway. Make sure you input your information exactly as it appears on your passport or other legal documents.
- Complete your Application: Before you can submit your application, you must complete several parts of the application form. Each segment is shown on the left side of the screen. The documentation you’ll need to support your application can be found in the admissions statement. If you already have references, upload them to the Referees section.
- Check your Application: Examine each element of your application thoroughly. Make sure you’ve answered all of the questions and uploaded all of the papers listed in the program’s admissions statement.
- Submit your Application: Before submitting your application, you may be required to pay an application fee. If an application fee is required, it is stated on the first page of the application as well as in the funding section. You must pay this charge to submit your application unless you are eligible for an application fee waiver. When you apply, your responses become the University of Bristol’s official property. Your submission will be confirmed by email, along with a link to your application portal.
Also Read: University of East Anglia Acceptance Rate
Normally, admission to the University of Bristol is competitive. A good GPA, professional experience, and letters of recommendation are enough to get into the university.
Every year, the university enrols roughly 2500 undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Except for students from native English-speaking countries, all students are required to submit an English language proficiency certificate to the university.
University of Bristol Acceptance Rate is 67.3 for international students who wish to build a global career in the world’s most diverse country! Want to study in the UK for the upcoming January intake? Sign up for a free session with our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 and get started on your journey!