If you are planning to study abroad and if the UK is your dream destination then you must definitely be worried about the cost involved. Studying in a developed country like the UK could be really expensive in terms of tuition fees, accommodation, travel expenses, etc. But what comes as a relief is a fact that many Universities in the UK don’t charge application fees from international students. The Application fees in the Universities across the UK vary between £50-150 (INR 5000-15,000) but if you apply to certain Universities, you would be able to save this entire amount. So, here is a list of Universities in the UK with No Application Fees.
University College of London
University College London is the first in our list of universities in UK with no application fees. Here, both international and national students could apply to certain graduate program without having to pay application fees. The programmes with no application fee in University College London are given below.
- Brain and Mind Sciences MSc
- PG Cert Clinical Ophthalmic Practice
- PG Cert Child and Young Persons Psych WP
- PG Cert Low-Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Interv
- PG Dip Child and Young Person IAPT Therapy
- MSc Data Analytics for Government
- MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert Health Data Analytics
- MSc Conservation for Archaeology and Museums
- Int MA Econ State & Society
- PG General/Cert/Dip General Pharmacy Practice
- MSc Advanced Pharmacy Practice
- PG Cert Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
Explore Intakes in UK 2021
Lancaster University is an important addition to this list of Universities with no application fees. The reason behind this is that it is one of the fewer universities which doesn’t charge an application fee for any courses from international or domestic students. You can apply for both undergraduate and graduate programs at the University of Lancaster without having to pay an additional application fee.
Universitiy of Cambridge
We all know that the University of Cambridge is one of the top universities in the world. But did you know that it comes under the list of Universities in UK with no application fees? The University of Cambridge offers fee waiver to students coming under certain categories irrespective of the course that they are applying to. The category of Student who can avail the fee waiver in the presence of required documents are given below.
- Applicants With Refugee Status
- Applicants With Asylum Seeker Status
- UK Applicants From Low Income Households
University of Sheffield
With an aim to promote higher education at the master’s level, The University of Sheffield has waived the application fees for certain programmes. Therefore, it is another top university in UK with no application fees. You can apply for any postgraduate taught masters degree programme at the University of Sheffield without paying an application fee. If you wish to view all the master’s programme that come under this category, then click on the link here.
Imperial College London
Imperial College London is another important mention in our list of universities in UK with no application fees. The college charges a fixed amount of £135 to apply for MSc and MRes courses but if you are able to submit all the required documents while filling the application form proving that you are financially incapable of paying the fees then you can avail a waiver. Apart from this, the Imperial College London charges no application fee for other postgraduate courses and PhD Programmes.
Check Out: Cost of Studying in UK for Indian Students
University of Oxford
The University of Oxford doesn’t actually come under the category of the Universities with no application fees because it charges a standard application processing fees from its applicants. But we have included the University of Oxford in this list because it offers application waiver to students under certain circumstances. You can avail the waiver if you belong to any of these categories.
- From a low-income country. (Afghanistan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia (The), Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Korea (DPR), Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Togo, Uganda and Yemen)
- Students in the UK hailing from a low-income group.
- If you are applying for re-admission.
- If you are applying to related research courses.
If you wish to know more about the Application fee waiver, you can follow the link here.
University of Warwick
For the postgraduate taught courses, the University of Warwick has mandated a fixed application processing fee of £60. But when it comes to postgraduate research applications or Postgraduate Awards (PGAs) the University doesn’t charge any application fees.
So, this was the list of Universities in UK with no application fees. If you are planning to study in UK on a budget, then these Universities could be your top pick. Needless to say, selecting the right university to pursue your chosen programs can be a difficult task. Our Leverage Edu experts are here to assist you in choosing the best university as per your program of interest as well as guide you through the admission process to ensure that you get successfully shortlisted! Sign up for a session with us now!