Accountants can be seen as being indispensable to any business because, without them, a company wouldn’t know if they have made a profit or loss. However, there is much more to today’s accountancy than just balancing company financial books. Accountants can also become business advisers, and hence provide strategic financial guidance to senior executives. Therefore, aspirants in the field of accounting should definitely think about pursuing the University of Winchester accounting. University of Winchester Accounting and Finance course provides an excellent path to many professional careers in areas such as insurance, the not-for-profit sector, banking, general management and financial services.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study the University of Winchester Accounting and Finance course?
- University of Winchester Accounting and Finance Course Details
- University of Winchester Accounting and Finance Application Procedure
- How to Apply
- Documents Required
- University of Winchester Accounting and Finance Fees
- Careers after University of Winchester Accounting and Finance
|University Name||University of Winchester|
|Course Name||BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance|
|Eligibility||10+2 for Undergraduate; Bachelors in relevant fields for Graduate; English Proficiency Tests|
|Careers||Bank and post office clerk; Payroll managers; Credit controllers; Financial account managers; Brokers Estimators/value assessors; Chartered accountants; Credit agents|
Why Study the University of Winchester Accounting and Finance course?
- The University of Winchester Accounting and Finance course is a hugely rewarding and useful program that will develop the student’s technical and professional skills including self-direction and problem-solving, critical evaluation, efficient analysis, negotiation and presentation techniques.
- Moreover, it has been designed to give the students a systematic understanding of contemporary issues in the field of accounting.
- The students learn how to produce accounting data and deploy strategic advice. The university has modules that focus on applying theory to real-world business scenarios.
University of Winchester Accounting and Finance Course Details
- In the first year, the students will be introduced to core modules in finance, accounting, economics and management. In addition, the students gain a thorough understanding of business law, governance and ethics.
- In the second and third years, the students will focus on a more specialized study. They will develop transferable skills in personal taxation and business, strategic performance management and international financial reporting. The students can then choose from a variety of optional modules in the third year that will focus on either managing people and organizations, advanced financial accounting, or investments.
- The students are taught by academics that have professional experience in the field of accountancy, and who help them kick-start rewarding and fulfilling careers.
- Moreover, either three or six-month work placements can be taken during the tenure of the course. Alternatively, the students can study for an extra year to graduate with a master’s degree in accounting.
University of Winchester Accounting and Finance Application Procedure
Below is the complete list of documents required, eligibility criteria, as well as the description of the application process.
English Proficiency Scores
The students who have completed their previous education in a country where English is not the mother tongue must provide the university with English Language Proficiency requirements.
|IELTS||A minimum overall of 5.5 with no less than 5.5 in all four components|
- Minimum second class lower grade in 10+2 is required
- Undergraduate degree in any subject with a second class lower is required.
- The university also considers students with equivalent work experience.
- English Language Entry Requirement is mandatory for International Students.
How to Apply
- The students will have to fill out an application form available on the university website.
- The students will have to prove all minimum eligibility by providing relevant documents
- The students will have to pay a one-time application fee
- The students will have to submit a Statement of Purpose
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Application Form
- Statement of Purpose
- English Proficiency Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendation
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
University of Winchester Accounting and Finance Fees
|BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance||£42,300 (₹34,95,842)|
Careers after University of Winchester Accounting and Finance
After studying the University of Winchester Accounting and Finance course the students will be able to apply their advanced knowledge to real business scenarios. During the course, they are also able to gain practical skills as well as key contacts as they work at a placement. The students of this university will also receive exemptions from selected professional examinations of the main accounting institutes.
Some of the job roles that students of the University of Winchester Accounting and Finance can land on are as follows
- Bank and post office clerk
- Payroll managers
- Credit controllers
- Financial account managers
- Estimators/value assessors
- Chartered accountants
- Credit agents
Yes, it will be worth it to study or pursue an accounting degree as it is a degree with above-average pay as well as a 7% job growth. Hence, there is plenty of room for advancement, if an aspirant decides to venture into this field.
The median annual wage that an accountant gets is above the national median average for occupations. Top-paying industries for aspirants looking for jobs in the field of accountancy include finance and insurance, management of enterprises and companies, tax preparation, and the government.
The short answer to this question can be a resounding yes. If the aspirants want to work in the field of accounting, business or finance, getting a bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting can prove to be a great investment.
For a successful career ahead in accounting and finance, delve into an all-around education from the University of Winchester Accounting and Finance. We know choosing the right course and university that runs parallel to your interests is very important. For this, I’m sure you’ll be pleased to take the assistance of an AI-based tool at Leverage Edu that gives you personalized suggestions based on your skills, qualifications and interests. Contact our experts at Leverage Edu they will assist you in your study abroad endeavor. To get a free consultation from us call us at 1800 572 000 now!