The University of East Anglia is situated in the old English city of Norwich surrounded by green meadows and beautiful landscapes. The City of Stories as the locals call it has one of the highest-ranked universities in UK. The University of East Anglia is famous for its creative writing course, the first university to have introduced it in the UK. UEA has a wide range of disciplines that attracts 15,000 students from over 100 countries. UEA’s wide range of courses, numerous student societies and excellent CareerCentral, University of East Anglia acceptance rate can be competitive for international students. Here’s everything you need to know about studying in this award-winning university!
|Name||University of East Anglia|
|Location||Norwich, United Kingdom|
|Type||Public Research University|
|Famous Courses||Law, Management, Computing|
|International Students||3,500 (19.5%)|
|Average Fees||16.60 lakhs to 20 lakhs per year|
|Accommodation||More than 3,000 rooms are available|
|Notable Alumni||Matt Smith (actor)
Dr Michael Houghton (Nobel laureate)
Sir Paul Nurse (Nobel laureate)
|Scholarships Available||International and EU Scholarship Scheme
International Country Award
UEA India Award
The Sonny Mehta India Scholarship
This Blog Includes:
University of East Anglia: Rankings & Campus
The University of East Anglia or UEA has a 300-acre campus, a mini-city within the city of Norwich. With top-notch education and expert faculty, UEA has managed to rank high in a lot of lists.
UEA has ranked:
- 27th in the Times University Guide 2022
- 41st in the Guardian University Guide 2022
- 307th in the Qs World University Ranking 2022
- 187th in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022
The UK government has felicitated UEA with a gold ranking in Teaching Excellence Framework. Let’s now read about the University of East Anglia acceptance rate and see whether it is your choice of January Intake University in UK.
Must Read: Student life at University of East Anglia
Did you know: UEA’s creative writing course is the first and the best MA Creative Writing course in the UK.
University of East Anglia Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate of any university, expensive or cheap in UK is a deciding factor for international students. If you are an Indian student shortlisting universities in UK to apply to then the acceptance rate is one of the first features to look for.
University of East Anglia acceptance rate also depends upon the rank it holds. Currently, it stands at 79.4%. This means that out of every 100 applicants, close to 79 are accepted. Let’s compare the acceptance rate with some of the universities in UK so that you know where the University of Anglia stands.
Must Read: UK universities with a high acceptance rate
As discussed before, the University of East Anglia is popular for its law, management and computing courses. UEA offers courses at the graduate as well as postgraduate levels.
Here are some of the popular graduate programs for January intake 2022:
- LLB Law
- LLB Law with Criminology
- BA International Management
- BA Marketing and Management
- BA Business and Human Resources
- BA Drama and Creative Writing
- BSc Computing and Creative Technologies
- BSc Computing Sciences
Let’s look at the most sought after post-graduate programs for January intake 2022 at UEA:-
- MSc Business Management
- MSc Business Analytics and management
- MSc Marketing and Management
- LLM International Commercial Dispute Resolution
- LLM International Trade
If you are confused about what courses suit your interests, try our AI Course Finder now for free!
Did you know: UEA alumni Michael Houghton discovered Hepatitis C in 1989.
Admission Requirements for Indian Students
For Indian students wanting to apply for an undergraduate program in the University of East Anglia, given below are the admission requirements:-
- Minimum 70% in 12th standard for higher secondary school students
- Minimum 32-35 points for IB Diploma
- IELTS- 6.0 and TOEFL– 79
If you want to apply for the postgraduate program at UEA, these are the admission requirements:-
- Minimum 52% in any Indian bachelor’s degree
- For MPhil or PhD, a master’s degree will be considered
- IELTS- 6.0 and TOEFL-79
Also Read: Basic Requirements to Study in the UK
Did you know: The Julian study center in UEA is named after Julian, the first woman to have published a novel in English.
How to Apply?
The application process for Indian students at the University of East Anglia is similar to that of any university in the UK.
- Go to the UCAS portal and attach your important documents for UG courses and the UEA Application portal for PG courses.
- Fill in your application for the University of East Anglia.
- You will have to pay an application fee of ₹2062 for a single course and ₹2578 if you are applying for multiple courses.
- After a processing time of 3 to 4 weeks, you will hear from the admission committee.
- If you are accepted, you will receive an offer of acceptance to which you will have to mail your acceptance.
- After all the requirements for admission are done, you can apply for your UK Tier 4 visa. The Visa interview sounds scary but if you read this list of UK Visa questions, you will be much prepared beforehand.
- Once your visa is granted, you can book your flight ticket within the date provided on the visa.
We know the process isn’t as easy as the steps given above. But Leverage Edu ensures that the process is as smooth as this. All you have to do is apply now!
Did you know: 40% of the graduates from UEA work in Norwich locally.
[BONUS] Popular UK Universities and their Acceptance Rate
|University||QS World Ranking Universities (2022)||Acceptance Rate|
|University of East Anglia||307||79.4%|
The UEA acceptance rate is 79.4%.
Yes, you can. Make sure to click the deferred option at the time of application.
There are 3,500 international students at the University of East Anglia.
UEA is among the top 10 cheapest universities in the UK.
Central London is 3 hours away from the University of East Anglia.
Did you know: UEA is home to the award-winning and architectural masterpieces Ziggurat Accommodation that houses over 4000 students!
What makes the University of East Anglia a perfect choice for you? The acceptance rate of 74.9% makes it an easier application for you. Beautiful countryside, vibrant community of Norwich, global research value and huge campus are all key strengths of UEA. We think it’s a perfect fit for you and if you feel the same, book your free 30-minute session now by calling Leverage Edu experts at 1800-572-000!