“The common man is not concerned about the passage of time, the man of talent is driven by it.”: Schopenhauer. While studying for exams, we look for efficient ways to maximize focus, effectively manage time and study for an extensive duration. Think about the relief you’ll feel after completing the syllabus for an exam and finally getting some time to relax. While some believe that studying with short breaks is useful for retaining knowledge, it is possible to squeeze more hours in your study routine without losing focus. Are you looking for tricks and techniques on how to study for long hours? Well, you’ve come to the perfect place. Let’s explore helpful tips and tricks of extending your study routine without worrying about knowledge retention and focus.
How Longer Study Sessions can be Helpful?
Strategizing your time during exam preparations is extremely important. Defining how many hours you will need for each subject or concept will depend on how easy or difficult you find it. A subject may take you a lesser time than someone who will be able to grasp it in a longer duration. Retention of knowledge varies in every individual. Due to this fact, there are students who spend a longer period of time studying something that others may take less time in completing. This is why mastering the art of ‘how to study for long hours’ becomes crucial for establishing an effective study routine.
However, the habit of studying for long hours can only be developed gradually. When you study for a longer duration without distractions, you are more likely to learn quicker and retain knowledge for a longer period of time. Potentially, your daily knowledge retention will get better if you train your mind to concentrate for an extensive period. With longer study hours, you will also have an ample amount of time to rectify problems and identify the weaker concepts that you need to focus on. Better and thorough learning is useful, however, it is necessary to ensure that you are not cramming up the subjects. The quality of studying is important than the number of topics that you have covered.
How to Study for Long Hours: Essential Tips & Tricks
It is possible to stretch study hours and this can be achieved by following certain tricks. General advice would be to keep your mind fresh and well-rested before you begin. A tired and groggy mind is not even useful for a shorter study session as it may result in lack of motivation and prolonged procrastination. Compromising your health in order to study for long hours is also not a good idea. To understand how to study for long hours, here are the major tips and tricks you can utilise in your study routine:
- Always organise the topics of your day and start with the difficult ones in order to complete them as early as possible. This way, you will be left with the easier ones at the end of the day.
- Eat healthy. An empty stomach can result in a bad study session and you may also feel lethargic if you’ve eaten too much fast food.
- Steal a nap between different subjects or topics. Our mind has limited powers and may stop working after a period of time due to lethargy. Hence, taking power naps might prove useful.
- Indulge in exercises and other physical activities to keep your mind and your body fit. Being physically active has a positive impact on our brain which further helps in improving focus.
- Avoid taking stress about exams. It is necessary to ensure that your mind is not full of worries and tensions when you are sitting down to study. Having a clear mind will help in retaining more information.
- Take regular breaks during long study sessions. These breaks will work as restoring sessions for your mind giving you some space to freshen up and concentrate better with a relaxed mind.
- It is advisable to plan your study sessions during the day because you can stay less drowsy in the daylight which will further assist in increasing your productivity.
Hopefully, this blog provided you with helpful tips and techniques to answer the question of how to study for long hours. You can always contact the Leverage Edu mentors that can help you master your competitive exam preparations with the best coaching and preparatory sessions thus increasing your chances to get into your dream university.