We have heard of all kinds of international scholarships and bursary schemes. Some are granted on merit, financial needs, cultural criteria, sports criteria but hardly have we ever heard of a bursary scheme granted on surnames. Yes, that’s the unique Graham Trust Bursary Scheme for you!
This Blog Includes:
What is the Graham Trust Bursary Scheme?
In 1759, a Trust in the city of Glasgow, Scotland introduced the Graham Trust. The aim was to protect the educational and job interests of the descendants of the name Graham.
Today, the Graham Trust is handled by the Foundation Scotland. Under the Graham Trust Bursary Scheme, students with the surname of Graham or descendants of the Graham family can study in the higher education institutes of Glasgow at a deducted price.
Eligibility of the Graham Trust Bursary Scheme
As mentioned before, you must have Graham in your surname or in your family lineage to apply for the Graham Trust Bursary Scheme.
University of Glasgow
One of the top universities in Scotland, the University of Glasgow offers the Graham Trust Bursary Scheme for all international students. To apply for the bursary scheme, you should have applied for any postgraduate course at the University of Glasgow. You can apply for MSc, MRes, PhD, MLitt, PgDip, PgCert or MPhil courses for the same.
According to the QS World University Rankings 2022, the University of Glasgow ranks 73rd globally and 11th in the UK. Popular courses at the university for the scholarship:
- Computer Science
- Life Sciences
- Social and Political Sciences
- Accounting and Finance
- Physics and Astronomy
Benefits of the Graham Trust Bursary Scheme
If you win the Graham Trust Bursary Scheme, you will be given up to GBP 500 or INR 50,707 for facilitating your education.
- Apply for any postgraduate course at the University of Glasgow. Use our AI Course Finder to know the best course according to your interests and skills in a few moments.
- Submit your application form with supporting documents to study in UK and get accepted for the same course.
- Go to the Foundation Scotland website and note the application deadlines for the scholarship.
- Download the form given below and fill in all the details.
- You have to write a scholarship statement and what you would use the money for in the form itself.
- Submit the form by mailing it to email@example.com.
Click here to Download the Graham Trust Bursary Scheme.pdf
List of Documents Required
- Identification Proof– Birth Certificate, Driver’s License (To prove that your surname is Graham)
- Mother or Father’s Birth Certificate (To prove that you are a descendant of the Graham family in case you don’t have the same surname)
- Letter of Acceptance from the University of Glasgow
However, if you are looking for scholarships to study in the UK worth much more and stress-free, the Leverage Edu Scholarship Program is just for you! Our main aim is to get you the university and education that you deserve. Apply now and win scholarships worth up to INR 5 lakhs today!