With the world increasing interaction between different regions around the globe and stepping towards the concept of ‘globalization, overseas education has increased exponentially. The UK being one of the most developed economies in the world has had a tip-toe when it comes to overseas education. The UK’s affordable education, highly admirable culture, quality of life and a safe and secured environment have made the UK the most opted option for today’s youth. In this Leverage Edu blog, we will discuss one of the most important steps of studying in UK, the visa application and in it, the crucial UK Student Visa Questions that can make or break your chances to study in UK!
Table of Contents
- Important UK Student Visa Questions
- 1. Why do you want to study in UK?
- 2. Why did you choose to study this course?
- 3. Why did you select this college/ university?
- 4. What have you studied in India/ the country you belong to?
- 5. Did you consider studying any other course or consider studying at another university either in the UK or overseas?
- 6. Where is the University located, and where will you live in the UK?
- 7. Have you ever applied for a visa to visit another country?
- 8. If you are awarded a UK degree, would you like to return for Higher Studies?
- 9. What are your future career plans?
- 10. Do you intend to work in the UK after the completion of your course?
Important UK Student Visa Questions
If you are one of these aspirants who is looking forward to studying in the UK and want to prepare for a UK visa interview, here is the comprehensive guide for you.
1. Why do you want to study in UK?
The UK institution is ranked among the best universities in the world, and it also has a reputation for its world-class research.
provide students with an opportunity to develop their knowledge, skills, practical approach, logical thinking, and most importantly, connections that can drive forward their careers.
UK institutions are famous for their flexible approach as they allow students to choose their academic and vocational courses.
As a student, one gets a golden opportunity to learn from the world’s top professionals and experts whose teaching, guidance, and timely support can make one reach great heights.
Also Read: Visa Sponsorship Jobs in UK
2. Why did you choose to study this course?
You can answer this question by stating that you like the course and desire to excel your skills in the same. To prove that you genuinely have an interest in the course, you must demonstrate that you have an in-depth knowledge of the applied course. You should explain the specific module, its categories, and how they will benefit you.
You should link the course to industry and explain the practicality behind choosing that course. You should also be clear and precise when answering how it will benefit you as a person.
Students should note that answers to this question must not merely be in terms of monetary benefits. It would be best if you didn’t say that you choose this course because it will help you to earn more.
3. Why did you select this college/ university?
It would be best if you answered this question by highlighting the specialties of your college. It would help if you mentioned the uniqueness of your college and what attracted you towards the college.
The answer to this question can be:
- This college is famous for the course that I desire to study and excel in.
- Its course curriculum is as prestigious as that of the world’s top-class universities.
In addition to this also mention the numerous benefits offered by that college.
Also Read: IELTS for UK Visas & Immigration
4. What have you studied in India/ the country you belong to?
It would help if you mentioned the college/university you have studied from. You should also mention the course you have learned.
Note: It can be a plus point if you mention your percentage while answering this question.
5. Did you consider studying any other course or consider studying at another university either in the UK or overseas?
Studying overseas is not everyone’s cup of tea. It is a huge step that can change your future, either for good or bad. While answering this question, you should mention various other top universities that offered this course. You should be aware of the difference between these universities’ courses and later move on to explain how this University or course perfectly suits you.
If you were also thinking about studying in your home country and later decided to shift to the UK, you should tactically answer how the UK curriculum attracted you.
Also Read: How to Get UK Business Visa?
6. Where is the University located, and where will you live in the UK?
To answer this question, you should know the geographical location of that city in the UK. Just go through the University’s details, location, and nearby accommodation facilities as this can be a saver.
You should also explain which accommodation facility you prefer to choose, the reason behind choosing it. In addition to this, you should also know the approximate monthly rate that you would have to pay for specific accommodation.
Also Read: UK Post Study Work Visa
7. Have you ever applied for a visa to visit another country?
It would help if you mentioned your past visits and the reasons behind those visits.
8. If you are awarded a UK degree, would you like to return for Higher Studies?
You should convince the interviewer that you are incredibly interested and will be honored to complete your higher studies in the UK. Mention about benefits and privileges you will get from being a UK university pass out. Explain how it will add value to your profile and make you stand out among thousands of others.
9. What are your future career plans?
You should clearly and precisely mention your future career plans once you have finished your course. Mention if you wish to continue your education, plan to appear for any competitive exams, or think of working as a professional. You should see that the plans you mention are in sync with the course you have applied for. Also, make sure that your goals are relevant and practical.
10. Do you intend to work in the UK after the completion of your course?
The officer wants to know about your plans and intentions about returning to your home country or settling in the UK. Before going for an interview, make sure that you have gone through the Emigration policies mentioned on the Embassy website.
Note: This is a frequently asked question that can be a game-changer. Just go through these policies and accordingly frame your answer to the problem.
Also Read: Jobs in UK with Visa Sponsorship
These were the frequently asked UK interview questions for student Visa. We hope you got satisfactory answers to your questions. If you found this blog helpful, let us know through your comments in the comment section. If you are looking to study abroad, the dedicated team of Leverage Edu is here for you. Not only will we help you select the best course and college but also prepare you for your UK Visa Interview and stop at nothing to get you an admission in your dream university in UK. So, what are you waiting for? Book your FREE Consultation Call Today!