Canterbury Christ Church University (CCCU) is a public university located in Canterbury, Kent, England. Established in 1962 as the Church of England College for Teacher Training, it was granted university status in 2005. Kent has the largest centre for higher education in public services. Together with Canterbury Christ Church University is a member of the Cathedral Group (officially the Council of Church Universities and Colleges or CCUC). The Software Engineering course at the Canterbury Christ Church University is well known in the world. A lot of students enrol in the Software Engineering course at this university. Let’s get an insight into the Software Engineering course from Canterbury Christ Church University from this blog.
|No. of Departments||4|
|Graduate Job Rate||94% (UG) and 98% (PG) get employed within six months|
|Applications Accepted||UG: UCASPG: Online Application Portal|
|Mode of Program||Full time/Part-time|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Choose Canterbury Christ Church University?
- Rankings of Canterbury Christ Church University
- Software Engineering Course Overview at Canterbury Christ Church University
- Software Engineering Course Details at Canterbury Christ Church University
- Subjects included in the Software Engineering course
- Software Engineering Course Options at Canterbury Christ Church University
- Eligibility for Software Engineering at Canterbury Christ Church University
- Admission Deadline
- Entry requirement for Software Engineering Course at Canterbury Christ Church University
- Software Engineering Course fees at Canterbury Christ Church University
- Application Process
- Documents Required
- Living Cost at Canterbury Christ Church University
- Scholarships at Canterbury Christ Church University
- Placements at Canterbury Christ Church University
- Average Salary at Canterbury Christ Church University
- Recruiting Companies at Canterbury Christ Church University
Why Choose Canterbury Christ Church University?
- The University has received a prestigious Silver Rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework. About 90% of research submitted to the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) is internationally recognized.
- More than 1,200 students regularly compete in a variety of sports with other universities and the university’s sports scholarship scheme supports approximately 40 talented young athletes each year, including world record holders and many international competitors.
- The University is the main sponsor of the Kent women’s cricket team and partners with a number of local and regional clubs and organisations, including the Polo Farm Sports Club in Canterbury.
- When students join Canterbury Christ Church University, they will study at one of two distinctive and unique campuses in Kent and Medway. Kent is known as the ‘Garden of England’ and for good reason. Here students will get a chance to live in beautiful countryside, picturesque villages, stunning coastal scenery and cosmopolitan city life.
- The university also provides students with facilities such as health and wellbeing, study aid, funding advice and support, work experience and career advice, and disability and mental health.
Rankings of Canterbury Christ Church University
|QS World University Ranking 2022||#1001-1200|
|Times Higher Ranking 2022||#1001-1200|
Software Engineering Course Overview at Canterbury Christ Church University
- This is a dynamic course that develops students’ skills in analysis, design, programming, testing, and evaluation.
- You will learn to create secure, high-quality, usable and adaptable software systems.
- This degree will also develop the analytical skills of the student in design, coding, testing and evaluation to create software solutions and ensure they have all the skills needed to be successful in their careers.
- Developed in partnership with the industry, this innovative course offers students the excellent opportunity to work for a range of employers.
- Students acquire the technical knowledge and skills needed to study at the BEng level, where they apply the groundbreaking CDIO (Conceive, Design, Implement, and Operate) approach to solving software problems.
With UniConnect, you can stand a chance to be part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you can get in direct contact with a representative of the university of your choice.
Software Engineering Course Details at Canterbury Christ Church University
The duration of the Software Engineering course is for 3 years.
International Baccalaureate with 28 points and a combination of qualifications totalling 112 UCAS points.
Subjects included in the Software Engineering course
- Introduction to C#
- Mathematics for Computer Science
- Fundamentals of Computer Systems
- Application Development in C#
- Software Lifecycle Group Development Project
- Object-oriented Programming
- Software Engineering
- Database Enhancement Group Project
- Web Development Project
- Networking and Operating Systems
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Ethics, Professionalism and Employability in Computing
- Optional Year in Industry
With the help of AI Course Finder, you can choose the courses of your choice and the top universities related to them.
Software Engineering Course Options at Canterbury Christ Church University
|Software Engineering Course Options||Duration|
|Software Engineering BEng – Single honours only||3 years|
|Software Engineering with Foundation Year BEng – Single honours only||4 years|
Eligibility for Software Engineering at Canterbury Christ Church University
Students must have a High School Diploma or Foundation Diploma or Certificate or equivalent. Students also have Level 3 qualifications in IT or Computer Science or Mathematics Plus, 5 Grade C or higher GCSEs (or equivalent, covering Maths, Science and English). Knowledge of English is also a requirement for international students.
Indian Students Eligibility
Students must successfully complete the 12th standard with an average of 60% and an additional year of study.
In addition to the minimum admission requirements, international students from non-English speaking countries must demonstrate their English proficiency through IELTS or TOEFL or equivalent tests to be admitted to this program.
|Exam||Average Score Required|
The admission deadlines for international students are –
|Sessions||Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions|
Download the Leverage Edu App for all your study abroad needs.
Entry requirement for Software Engineering Course at Canterbury Christ Church University
- Original academic transcripts or mark sheets
- Official program completion certificate/Degree/Diploma.
- Birth certificate
- Valid student Visa
- Financial support documents
- Submit the original score sheet of IELTS or TOEFL.
Are you facing problems in preparing for IELTS or TOEFL? So register today on Leverage Live and get good scores.
Software Engineering Course fees at Canterbury Christ Church University
The tuition fee for one year is ₹15,55,032.
- Visit the official website of the institution.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Register Here’
- Complete filling your education history with all the qualifications.
- Fill in the details of your employment history.
- Fill in your personal statement.
- Submit the application form by paying the mentioned fees.
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
Living Cost at Canterbury Christ Church University
|Cost||Amount per annum|
|Room and Board||₹10,58,737|
Use the Cost of Living Calculator to easily figure out more about the cost of living abroad based on your choices and lifestyle.
Scholarships at Canterbury Christ Church University
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible|
|CCCU Grant||Euro 600||Yes|
|Postgraduate Masters Loans 2019/20||Euro 10,906||Yes|
|Postgraduate Research Scholarships||Variable||Yes|
Placements at Canterbury Christ Church University
Software Engineering currently offers some of the UK’s highest-paying engineering jobs and employment opportunities.
You can also get an education loan according to your course and university to study abroad with the help of Leverage Finance.
Average Salary at Canterbury Christ Church University
According to PayScale, the average salary of Canterbury Christ Church University graduates is £27151.
Recruiting Companies at Canterbury Christ Church University
- Medway Community Healthcare
- The RAC
According to the QS World University Rankings 2022, Canterbury Christ Church University is ranked 1001-1200.
Canterbury Christ Church University has an acceptance rate of 50%.
The University of Canterbury Christ Church was established in 1962, in Canterbury, United Kingdom.
This was about a Software Engineering Course at Canterbury Christ Church University. We trust that this blog covered every one of the significant details about the university and the course. Still, confused and need to clear your own questions with respect to the top objections to concentrating abroad? Call Leverage Edu uni-mates at 1800-572-000 and book your most memorable directing meeting free of charge!