With the expansion of the corporate world and the advent of multinational companies in India, the job and career opportunities for Commerce stream students have increased exponentially. Even though there are scores of professional courses after 12th Commerce stream, a course in Finance and Accounting can land you in a well-paid and a reputed job. Since such courses give an in-depth understanding of various facets of these domains, preparing for Chartered Accountancy or Company Secretary becomes easy. So, if you are planning to pursue a BAF course, here is all the information that you need to know!
This Blog Includes:
|Average Starting Salary||4-8 lakhs per annum (Approx)|
|Job Profiles||Financial Consultant|
Billing Data Analyst
What is the BAF Course?
A bachelor’s in Finance and Accounting (BAF) is an undergraduate degree that explores subjects like Accounting, Financial Institutions, Market Systems, Banking, Management, etc. Running for a period of 3 years, its course curriculum can vary from one institution to another. This course will also help you to gain a better understanding of practical subjects like Auditing, Investment Analysis, and Financial Management to name a few. However, there are certain pre-requisites to pursuing a BAF course. You must have a stronghold on Commerce subjects like Accounting, Mathematics, and Business studies.
In order to study the BAF course, one needs to fulfil certain prerequisites as specified by their chosen university. The basic requirements for this program include,
- The candidate must have cleared 10+2 senior secondary education in Commerce stream from a recognised board.
- Generally, 50% is the minimum percentage to have in your senior secondary certificate but it mainly varies as per the university specifications.
- To study the BAF program abroad, one needs to provide English proficiency test scores of IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, amongst others. Moreover, SOP as well as LORs, are also required while sending your application.
BAF Course Syllabus & Subjects
A bachelor’s in Finance and Accounting will help you grasp practical and theoretical knowledge that encompass the field of commerce. If you want to pursue a career as a Financial Expert and develop a better understanding of the market, then this course might be a good option for you. The course has a vast syllabus that covers various fields of commerce, some of the BAF course subjects are:
|Financial Accounting||Taxation||Quantitative Methods for Business|
|Business Law||Auditing||Business Communication|
|Information Technology||Cost Accounting||Commerce|
|Foundation Course||Economics||Risk Management|
|Managerial Economics||Organizational |
- Business Law: Business law is an important subject that covers areas such as corporate laws, public and private business laws. This subject also looks at the establishment and implementation of business laws.
- Cost Accounting: This subject of the BAF course encompasses the recording, analyzing, and interpretation of financial information. This course helps in understanding the management of money and monetary funds.
- Auditing: Auditing is the financial inspection of accounts, money, and documents. This subject is an important part of this course because of its relevance to understanding the corporate world.
- Taxation: Taxation, as the name suggests, is related to the field of tax, you will learn how to analyze and manage business taxes and maintain records of the same for a private or public company.
- Finance Accounting: This branch of accounting deals with keeping a record of the financial transactions and preparing reports of the same. This course will teach you the practical aspects of the business.
Check Out Our Exclusive List of Accounting Courses!
Top Colleges in India
Here are the top colleges in India to pursue BAF course:
- Sanpada College of Commerce and Technology, Navi Mumbai
- Birla Institute of Liberal Arts and Management Sciences, Kolkata
- Gayatri Vidya Parishad College for Degree and PG Courses, Vishakhapatnam
- Rizvi College of Arts, Science and Commerce
- Maharishi Dayanand College of Arts, Science and Commerce
Top Colleges and Universities Abroad
The right curriculum and exposure to the right opportunities can make a huge difference in your career prospects while pursuing a BAF course. There are many variants of this course ranging from Bachelor in Accounting to Bachelor of Accountancy and Financial Management which you can opt for. Here are the top universities offering BAF and its variant courses:
- London School of Economics
- University of Pennsylvania
- New York University
- National University of Singapore
- Massey University
- Australian National University
- Dublin City University
- Nanyang Technological University
- University of Limerick
- Griffith College Dublin
- Mcmaster University
- Singapore Management University
Jobs After BAF Course
The demand for business analysts and financial experts is increasing because of the global investments of multinational companies in various countries. Here are a few job/ career opportunities that might interest you after pursuing a BAF course or its variant degree in Accounting, Finance, amongst others.
- Company Secretary
- Chartered Accountant
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
- Financial Analyst
- Marketing Manager
- Accounting Analyst
- Financial Consultant
- Billing Data Analyst
Courses After BAF
- MCom in Finance
- MBA in Finance
- Masters in Accounting and Taxation
- Post Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting
- MBA in Cost and Management Accounting
- Master of Financial Management (MFM)
- Chartered Accountant
- Company Secretary
Scope of BAF Course
There is an immense scope of Bachelors in Accounting and Finance (BAF Course) across various fields of business, financial management, accounting, law, economics, to name a few. Here are the most popular field you can pursue a career in after BAF course:
- Business Analysis
- Financial Management
- Actuarial Science
BAF course is an Accounting and Finance degree. Thus, Maths is not compulsory. However, having an idea of Business Mathematics can be beneficial.
Yes, you can do CA after BAF. Moreover, being an accounting and finance related course, what you’ll learn in it will be of great benefit to prepare for CA exam.
Those who want to gain knowledge on subjects like Economics, Taxation, Trade and Commerce, etc apart from Accounting can go for BCom. However, those who wish to delve deeper in Finance and Accounting, BAF is the most suitable course.
Some of the popular colleges in India offering BAF courses are Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, P.B. Hinduja College, K.J Somaiya College of Science and Commerce, etc.
BAF course is a specialized one and will not only land you a well-paid job in the corporate sector but also give you the required exposure to pursue higher-level positions in Accounting and Finance. It might be tricky to choose the best college and course for you but the experts at Leverage Edu can help you with that process, ensuring that you have clarity every step of the way.