The Cambridge Trust aims to provide financial help to the academically excellent students to assist them in their journey to accomplish their higher education. The trust provides a number of scholarships to international students every year. The Cambridge Trust Scholarships invite applications every year from international students who are wishing to pursue their undergraduate/postgraduate degree at the University of Cambridge. Read this blog further to know all about the Cambridge Trust Scholarships for Indian students.
This Blog Includes:
|Scholarship Provider||The Cambridge Trust|
|Recipients||International students in need of financial assistance|
|Deadline||Undergraduate Programs: 3rd December 2020 |
Postgraduate Programs: 7th January 2021
|Scholarship Institute||University of Cambridge|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Applicable Programs||Bachelors/ Masters programs at the University of Cambridge|
|Duration||Variable, depends on the program pursued by the student|
About Cambridge Trust Scholarship
The Cambridge Trust scholarship is provided to international students in order to help them pursue their undergraduate or postgraduate studies from Cambridge University. Cambridge Commonwealth, European & International Trust are the funding partners of the Cambridge Trust Scholarship.
Explore 100 Interesting Facts about UK!
The Cambridge Trust Scholarship aims to eliminate the financial inequalities in the field of education and promote education by providing financial assistance to international students aspiring to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate programs from the University of Cambridge.
The Cambridge Trust Scholarship covers the tuition fees of the UG/PG program and is offered annually (one-time). However, the scholarship doesn’t provide full cost scholarship for MBA or MFin programs. The trust might co-fund the MBA and MFin programs for the candidates nominated by their funding partners.
Here are the key requirements you need to qualify in order to apply for the Cambridge Trust Scholarship:
- Students must be intending to start a degree at an undergraduate, masters (LLM, MPhil) or a research postgraduate level (PhD) from the University of Cambridge.
- The candidate must have a strong academic record.
- The candidate must have significant financial need and provide evidence for the need for financial assistance.
Factors Affecting the Selection Decision
There are various factors which affect the selection decision of the grant of scholarship by the Cambridge Trust. Some of the major factors are:
- Financial requirement
- Leadership Quality
- Career Objective
- Academic Excellence
The whole application process for the scholarship program takes place online. Here is a step-by-step procedure of Cambridge Trust Scholarship:
- Applicants are required to access the Cambridge Trust Scholarship portal and fill out the application form in order to be considered for this scholarship.
- The candidates need to complete the funding section in the application form while starting out with their application.
- While completing the finding section in the application form, candidates are required to provide the sum of their income from all their sources such as salary, business profits, dividends and the rent which acts as the evidence for the financial need of the candidate.
- After the completion of the whole application form, the candidate is required to submit the form along with all the necessary documents before the deadline. The deadline is usually different for different levels.
Explore Popular Universities in UK
As already mentioned above, the candidates are selected on the basis of merit. So, all the applications are gathered and are reviewed by a panel of selectors who decide which students get the scholarship depending upon their need for financial assistance and whether or not they demonstrate the necessary academic qualities. There are many other factors as well which are considered before making the final decision. The shortlisted candidates are sent emails regarding the same.
Check Out: Cost of Studying in UK for Indian Students
We hope this blog helped you with all the necessary details regarding the Cambridge Trust Scholarship. Aspiring to study at the University of Cambridge? Connect with our Leverage Edu experts for the best guidance on curating a winning application and get successfully shortlisted to your dream university.