The Cambridge Trust aims to provide financial help to the academically excellent students to assist them in their journey to accomplish their higher education. The trust provides a number of scholarships to international students every year. The Cambridge Trust Scholarships invite applications every year from international students who are wishing to pursue their undergraduate/postgraduate degree at the University of Cambridge. Read this blog further to know all about the Cambridge Trust Scholarships for Indian students.
This Blog Includes:
|Scholarship Provider||The Cambridge Trust|
|Recipients||International students in need of financial assistance|
|Deadline||Undergraduate Programs: 3rd December 2020
Postgraduate Programs: 7th January 2021
|Scholarship Institute||University of Cambridge|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Applicable Programs||Bachelors/ Masters programs at the University of Cambridge|
|Duration||Variable, depends on the program pursued by the student|
What is the Cambridge Trust Scholarship 2021?
The Cambridge Trust scholarship is provided to international students in order to help them pursue their undergraduate or postgraduate studies from Cambridge University. Cambridge Commonwealth, European & International Trust are the funding partners of the Cambridge Trust Scholarship. Every year, over 400 scholarships and award processes are undertaken on a rolling basis in March and continuing till the end of July. The scholarship is provided on two study levels- undergraduate and postgraduate. In order to promote education to deserving students around the world, the scholarship provides opportunities to students who require it. Candidates from across the world can apply for the scholarship, irrespective of their nationality.
Explore 100 Interesting Facts about UK!
Cambridge Scholarships for Different Programs
- Cambridge Trust Scholarship (undergraduate)- BA (Hons) Computer Science
- Cambridge Trust Scholarship (undergraduate)- BA (Hons) Economics
- Cambridge Trust Scholarship (undergraduate)- Bachelors of Architecture
- Cambridge Trust Scholarship (postgraduate)- M.Phil in Engineering for Sustainable Development
- Cambridge Trust Scholarship (postgraduate)- MBA
Application Process for Undergraduate Students is as follows:
- Complete and submit the UCAS application before the deadline (October).
- Having accepted an offer from Cambridge University is integral to the process.
- Once an offer of admission is received by Cambridge College, the candidate will be invited by the college to complete an application for the Trust to be considered for financial aid.
- The candidates need not apply directly for the scholarship. The Trust only considers candidates that have been recommended by their respective colleges.
- The candidates will be informed by March/April about their selection for the scholarship.
Application Process for Postgraduate Students is as follows:
- The Cambridge Trust is a major source to fund scholars at Cambridge and offers various scholarships to postgraduate students. Those applying for graduate studies can apply for the funding deadline specific to their course. There are two general course deadlines 3rd-Dec-2020 and 7th-Jan-2021.
- Most scholarships are awarded on the basis of significant academic achievement along with the potential of the candidate and the financial need of the candidates (some scholarships are also offered on the basis of academic achievements alone,
- The process of application remains the same for both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The Cambridge Trust Scholarship aims to eliminate the financial inequalities in the field of education and promote education by providing financial assistance to international students aspiring to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate programs from the University of Cambridge.
The Cambridge Trust Scholarship covers the tuition fees of the UG/PG program and is offered annually (one-time). However, the scholarship doesn’t provide full cost scholarship for MBA or MFin programs. The trust might co-fund the MBA and MFin programs for the candidates nominated by their funding partners.
Here are the key requirements you need to qualify in order to apply for the Cambridge Trust Scholarship:
- Students must be intending to start a degree at an undergraduate, masters (LLM, MPhil) or a research postgraduate level (PhD) from the University of Cambridge.
- The candidate must have a strong academic record.
- The candidate must have significant financial need and provide evidence for the need for financial assistance.
|Postgraduate||December 2, January 6|
Factors Affecting the Selection Decision
There are various factors which affect the selection decision of the grant of scholarship by the Cambridge Trust. Some of the major factors are:
- Financial requirement
- Leadership Quality
- Career Objective
- Academic Excellence
The whole application process for the scholarship program takes place online. Here is a step-by-step procedure of Cambridge Trust Scholarship:
- Applicants are required to access the Cambridge Trust Scholarship portal and fill out the application form in order to be considered for this scholarship.
- The candidates need to complete the funding section in the application form while starting out with their application.
- While completing the finding section in the application form, candidates are required to provide the sum of their income from all their sources such as salary, business profits, dividends and the rent which acts as the evidence for the financial need of the candidate.
- After the completion of the whole application form, the candidate is required to submit the form along with all the necessary documents before the deadline. The deadline is usually different for different levels.
Explore Popular Universities in UK
As already mentioned above, the candidates are selected on the basis of merit. So, all the applications are gathered and are reviewed by a panel of selectors who decide which students get the scholarship depending upon their need for financial assistance and whether or not they demonstrate the necessary academic qualities. There are many other factors as well which are considered before making the final decision. The shortlisted candidates are sent emails regarding the same.
Due to the Trust receiving exceedingly large amounts of applications, the process often seems long. The award period remains open from March to the end of July. Most decisions are made during March but some of the partner-funded awards can take a longer processing time.
As long as the candidate has applied by the funding deadline and has a conditional offer of admission for your course, they will be considered for any awards for which they are eligible.
Check Out: Cost of Studying in UK for Indian Students
We hope this blog helped you with all the necessary details regarding the Cambridge Trust Scholarship. Aspiring to study at the University of Cambridge? Connect with our Leverage Edu experts for the best guidance on curating a winning application and get successfully shortlisted to your dream university.